Guardians of the Galaxy Moondragon in the MCU

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
I have some thoughts about adding Moondragon to the MCU. I think it could be really interesting if she was just straight up Drax's daughter who Ronan supposedly killed. Furthermore, she is also introduced as one of Thanos' "daughters."

Either:
A. Ronan didn't actually succeed in killing her and she survived
or
B. She was resurrected somehow and brainwashed by Thanos

drama.gif

And as far as appearance goes, you could have her with the pale-grey/green skin color of Drax:
G-r5JG-s3V4.jpg

And perhaps to differentiate her from Nebula, you could give her close-cropped, slicked-back hair like Trinity:

lijZCdUObeZs.jpg
ddr14.jpg

I wouldn't want to see her related to Drax but maybe being raised by Thanos father or brother instead. bad place even Thanos himself can adopt her for this movie. On the other hand her being alive could give Drax something to do in the Sequel so good idea actually. Hopefully she's a lock for this movie along with Female Quasar, Sam Alexander, and Cosmo. If Marvel wants Guardians to be bigger than Star Wars/Avengers lets get some more women minorities and cool animals in here

Star-Lord
Rocket
Groot
Gamora
Drax
Moondragon
Sam
Quasar
Cosmo

That lineup > Avengers: AoU and they'll get the biggest pop in Avengers 3.

Last edited:
So that's kind of my point. Moondragon being Drax's "lost" daughter, does many things:

1. It gives Drax something to hope for/fight for other than revenge.
2. It allows Moondragon's origin to be alien rather than human (keeping Quill unique among the cast).
3. It makes us hate Thanos more.
4. It would explain why she's bald :p (even though I'd rather her not be too similar to Nebula)
5. Moondragon is essentially Drax's daughter in the comics.

To me it makes sense. Plus then she can be added organically (like Yondu or Cosmo) without needing to be a primary Guardian.

So that's kind of my point. Moondragon being Drax's "lost" daughter, does many things:

1. It gives Drax something to hope for/fight for other than revenge.
2. It allows Moondragon's origin to be alien rather than human (keeping Quill unique among the cast).
3. It makes us hate Thanos more.
4. It would explain why she's bald :p (even though I'd rather her not be too similar to Nebula)
5. Moondragon is essentially Drax's daughter in the comics.

To me it makes sense. Plus then she can be added organically (like Yondu or Cosmo) without needing to be a primary Guardian.

If she was Drax's daughter wouldn't she have to be green? That would be too many green people in the crew. (I know that she was his daughter in the comics but they were also both human at one point).

Make her and Drax form a father daughter type bond. Have her as nervous at first (maybe even scared of her powers) and have Drax become protectful of her. Make her an alien that Thanos has destroyed her home and family (maybe have her in her teens Maise Williams?) that would give her and Drax some common ground.

Last edited:
I agree on all fronts except that they truly should be related. If skin color is your primary concern, I don't think thats an issue. She doesn't have to be green. Drax was barely green in most scenes of the film. Only under certain light. But her mother could've been far less green. Like, grey even. And then she could be almost entirely grey.

I can't help but picture Asajj Ventress:
Asajj_ventress.png

But bad place yeah about Maisie Williams. Good call.
rexusa-2144909d.jpg

Also it'd be interesting if they started this movie with a flashback of one of the other Guardians. (i.e. Drax losing his family, Rocket and Groot meeting, Gamora and her real father)

I agree on all fronts except that they truly should be related. If skin color is your primary concern, I don't think thats an issue. She doesn't have to be green. Drax was barely green in most scenes of the film. Only under certain light. But her mother could've been far less green. Like, grey even. And then she could be almost entirely grey.

I can't help but picture Asajj Ventress:
Asajj_ventress.png

But bad place yeah about Maisie Williams. Good call.
rexusa-2144909d.jpg

Also it'd be interesting if they started this movie with a flashback of one of the other Guardians. (i.e. Drax losing his family, Rocket and Groot meeting, Gamora and her real father)

Grey could work (they could even make it a joke with Starlord remarking how she looks like her dad then pulling a funny face when he's not looking). We even have precedent with the Nova officer being white yet his family being pink. Guess it depends what the concept art comes back like to see how good the crew fits together. Whoever the actress is I hope she is short. Balance out the difference between Rocket and the rest (just for visuals).

Tbh though I would prefer that she wasn't his daughter. It will keep his loss very real but also give him a story arc. He has found a new family with the Guardians but you could see his more tender side slowly come out as he forms a bond.

Either way I'll be happy. Just want the film to come out.

Last edited:
Her NOT being Drax's daughter would be a HUGE wasted opportunity. There's way too much potential for interesting pathos/character work for both of them. As it stands now, there's not a whole lot of places to take Drax's character. His big motivation is to avenge his family, which he did. And "lets kill Thanos" can only get you so far. Having his daughter turn out to still be alive and having been turned into a killer by Thanos could add an interesting new wrinkle to his journey.

And no, she doesn't automatically have to be green since we still don't know what Drax's wife looked like. For all we know, she might have been grey, or yellow, or red, etc. They can easily say that Moondragon looks more like her mother. In the comics she's usually either grey or yellow-ish (depending on who the artist is).

I always liked Moondragon. She was one of those anti-heroes, had a unique personality and soul compared to many of the whitebread characters. She took telepathy to its logical conclusion. The Jim Shooter Avengers story where she mind controlled an alien population into utopia (her response to improve upon Korvac's argument) and basically raped Thor is an example of her complexity. Always an underused character who deserved more than the scraps given her. Probably a character that's not easy to write for. Many disparate strands that if combined by one good writer would help strengthen her presence in the MU. I liked the idea from Annihlation Conquest that she metamorphed into an actual dragon, but that didn't move into the logical marketing attempt of giving her dragon "Hulk out" powers where she could transform back and forth, which would make her a more visually dynamic character for the casual fan and make her more of a heavy hitter.

But I fear making Nebula bald steals too much Moondragon's visual thunder in the MCU, where economy of characters rules apply for the average moviegoer.

That's like saying that Winter Soldier having a cybernetic arm steals Nebula's visual thunder. The GA won't care as long as you make the actual characters distinct enough from each other.

I don't think it's anything like Winter Soldier/Nebula.

It'd be more like Cap going up against Bionic Commando in the next Captain America movie.

I don't think it's anything like Winter Soldier/Nebula.

It'd be more like Cap going up against Bionic Commando in the next Captain America movie.

It's all about execution. Moondragon has a different set of powers and personality than that of Nebula. Just make her grey like Drax was in the movie and explain that the people of that race are all bald. We had three blue aliens in Guardians of the Galaxy, and it wasn't confusing.

77310-192259-moondragon.jpg

Just apply the same features of Drax to the picture above and you get Moondragon.

Who is this scantily clad woman behind Thor in the last Avengers trailer? Could it be Moondragon?

moondragon-avengers-2-age-of-ultron-trailer.png

Boom goes the dynamite!

Who is this scantily clad woman behind Thor in the last Avengers trailer? Could it be Moondragon?

moondragon-avengers-2-age-of-ultron-trailer.png

It's a random extra named Zrinka according to the imdb. She's likely part of an illusion or something made to trap Thor.

I'm in particularly in love with this costume

90w19x.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"