More Abe Sapien, less John Myers

Odin's Fury said:
not to go backward too much, but I always thought Hellboy needed a caretaker in order to keep him out of the public eye. In the movie, he was still a secret weapon afterall. However, based on the events in the movie, I have a feeling he may become a public figure, which will make Myers' role unecessary. and that would be an easy way to get rid of him.

Hellboy WILL go public - hence no need for the 'Nanny Squad.' So poor Myers is out, although Rupert may get a cameo.

HM

I thought Myers was ok actually, i just would have preferred more Abe

I would love more Abe. Is Doug Jones still playing him?

I liked Myers, i gotta admit it. He was cool. I'm glad he'll have a Cameo, and I heard somewhere that he'll be in the beginning to show why he's leaving or something. So that'll be neat! ^_^

Jolly Juggler said:
I would love more Abe. Is Doug Jones still playing him?

I liked Myers, i gotta admit it. He was cool. I'm glad he'll have a Cameo, and I heard somewhere that he'll be in the beginning to show why he's leaving or something. So that'll be neat! ^_^

Although Doug isn't yet signed for HB:2, I have no doubt that he'll be back as Abe, all being well.

I'm rather fond of Myers too - and I thought Rupert did a great job with a rather thankless role, making him very human and rather gauche. I liked him a lot.

And just for the record, I think young Kevin Trainor did an awesome job of Young Broom.

HM

Hellmistress said:
Although Doug isn't yet signed for HB:2, I have no doubt that he'll be back as Abe, all being well.

I'm rather fond of Myers too - and I thought Rupert did a great job with a rather thankless role, making him very human and rather gauche. I liked him a lot.

And just for the record, I think young Kevin Trainor did an awesome job of Young Broom.

HM

I swear I thought they were father and son at first. AMAZING job it was. :D

I wonder will the young Broom appear in the sequel, i hope so, that guy was indeed good as him.

Hellboy was never a secret in the comics. There was never this idea that he couldn't be seen in public and needed a babysitter to keep him on a leash.

Now there's some good character elements in that Hellboy wants to be in public, but he can't due to his physical appearance. But the movie didn't really touch on it much.

And as I usually said, Myers was a cookie-cutter, white bread, plain jane, and obligatory character. Perfunctory doesn't even begin to describe that ridiculous character.

TheVileOne said:
Hellboy was never a secret in the comics. There was never this idea that he couldn't be seen in public and needed a babysitter to keep him on a leash.

Yeah, I think it's important they brought that element to the movie...makes it more realistic.
If HB could just walk around on the streets, in plain daylight...it be boring.
I'm gonna get scheisse for saying this, but I think Abe was kind of a fruit in the movie..

More Abe definitely...

And Roger. We need to see Roger on film sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"