Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Reeves told the story he wanted to tell. And he threw out the big time jump that was originally planned for the second film so that he could focus on Caesar and the early days of the apes. Grounding his films in a more real world. Frankly I think he squandered a lot of the potential in film 3. I'd rather the series have a new director that is willing to embrace the scifi and strangeness of the Planet of the Apes 1000+ years after the apes have risen up and conquer the world. When theyve got a fully thriving civilization with their own unique technology, government, culture etc. That doesnt really seem like the sort of thing that would be in Reeves wheelhouse.
I would love to see something along those lines.

Since this is Disney we're talking about, I'm sure it'll be more kid-friendly so they can sell more merchandise. It'll probably use more of the sci-fi elements as a result.

Ironically it'll probably be in the same realm as Avatar as far as how deep it gets.

I would love a Planet of the Apes theme park at Disneyland or any of Disney's theme parks. Do they have the rights for that as well?

I would love a Planet of the Apes theme park at Disneyland or any of Disney's theme parks. Do they have the rights for that as well?

It would need a Statue of Liberty, the most famous prop from the films which doesn't even come from the recent movies but the 1968 original.

They don't necessily need feature that, in a Park of the Planet of the Apes.

New 'Planet of the Apes' Movie in the Works With 'Maze Runner' Filmmaker (Exclusive)

Fox has brought on Wes Ball, the filmmaker behind the popular Maze Runner film series, to develop and direct a new Planet of the Apes feature.

The move makes Apes one of the first historically storied Fox titles to get the redevelopment treatment since Disney’s acquisition of the storied studio.

It is unclear whether the new Apes project is meant to be a new reboot or an extension of the previous film series.

I hope it’s a continuation, a few hundred years after War for the Planet of the Apes.

As for Wes Ball, I really enjoyed the first Maze Runner but the following two were bad.

Last edited:
Yeah is needs to continue on from the amazing War.

And personally I liked all 3 MR movies.

It needs to continue from the last one. At this point they need to be fully humanoid apes.

My favorite film series is back.I want them to go full Sci-fi with it.Give me mutants and time travel.

Just please continue to use mocap, and not the Lion King tech...

Yeah I don’t see this series going as dark as the Reeves one.

The new Planet of the Apes Trilogy is, imo, one of the best trilogies in film history. For sure in the top 5.
I remember when everyone, including me, thought that Rise of the Planet of the Apes was gonna suck because the marketing was slow, it was made by FOX, etc. But I remember being blown away all 3 movies.
I should do a rewatch soon.

Never watched any of his work. Hopefully, it’s a continuation!

That Mouse Guard film did sound intriguing, but it’s too bad Disney canned it.
I personally think all 3 Maze Runner films are very good. Not saying they're Oscar worthy or "20 years from now we're going to be talking about Maze Runner"
But they are very entertaining and competently done. Some of the action beats are really good especially in the 3rd one. THere's some very good acting. It's probably the best YA movie series since Harry Potter to me. Although I understand that's faint praise. I've been meaning to pick up the trilogy on Blu Ray.

I was wondering when Wes Ball would do something else. I thought his career might be stalled after Dylan O Brien got injured.

Yeah is needs to continue on from the amazing War.

And personally I liked all 3 MR movies.
Rupert Wyatt actually did the first one.

I think he’ll use performance capture as that’s what he planned on using for Mouse Guard.

If he manages to make a successful POTA film or trilogy he might be able to get Disney to reconsider his Mouse Guard film.

Nice pick. Never cared much for the Maze Runner films story-wise but Wes Ball's direction was consistently strong throughout all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"