Gotham Morena Baccarin Cast as Dr. Leslie Thompkins

Mister J

Enlightened to the Great Darkness
Staff member
Reaction score
Morena Baccarin, Emmy nominated for her work on “Homeland”, has joined the cast of FOX’s DC Comics inspired series, “Gotham”! Deadline has the news, reporting that the “Firefly” star will make her debut during season one with plans for her character to act as a series regular starting in season two.

Baccarin will play Dr. Leslie Thompkins, a medical colleague of Bruce Wayne’s father. The character made her debut in the comics in 1976 in the pages of “Detective Comics” #457. Created by Dennis O’Neil and artist Dick Giordano, Thompkins has, in the “New 52″ continuity, been recently appearing in flashback sequences in “Red Hood and the Outlaws”.

In “Gotham,” Baccarin’s Thompkins will be seen working at Arkham Asylum with plans for the character to become an ally of Detective James Gordon.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/319679-morena-baccarin-heads-to-gotham

Figured since she's slated to become a regular in S2, it could stand a thread. Leslie's relationship with and placement in Bruce's life is a favored tie on mine in the books, so I'm interested in seeing what spin the adaptation places on that. Having a(nother) direct tie to Thomas is great too.

Also, Morena = :hrt:

With Leslie being tangled up in Arkham business, I wonder if casting info for Hugo Strange can be far behind. It's been awhile since Heller name-dropped him.

Love this casting, btw.

Baccarin is great. It's going to be interesting to see what relationship she has with Bruce in this. She's so great in the comics.

Finally we see her in live action.

Pretty happy with the casting, and with the decision to bring in Leslie. She's one of my favorite members of the Bat-family that always goes forgotten.

Then again, DC ruined her with that last storyline before the New 52.

For a moment there i thought she was cast as Leslie in Zack Snyder's film, and I was thinking how the hell are they gonna age her up, lots of makeup? LOL

But she seems like an interesting choice, and looking the way she does can't hurt us guys to oogle her during the slow quiet scenes.

The real winner here is Alfred.

Alfred would be really happy with this casting choice.

Pretty happy with the casting, and with the decision to bring in Leslie. She's one of my favorite members of the Bat-family that always goes forgotten.

Ugh, that.

Hopefully this gives Alfred someone to talk to outside of Bruce and Gordon.

This character has been neglected big time.

I thought that never actually happened...and was a setup.

Then Chuck Dixon undid it (and Steph's death) before DiDio chased him away

I like Bruce having some female influence in his life.

What did DC do with her character before the New 52?

I like Bruce having some female influence in his life.

What did DC do with her character before the New 52?

Leslie was the one who comforted Bruce immediately after his parent's murders. She ran a clinic in Crime Alley.

I'm pretty sure she was the 1st person to identify Batman as Bruce, and she was irate about it. In fact I'd say she gave Bruce more hell than anyone in the DCU. She's the proverbial rock.

Leslie was the one who comforted Bruce immediately after his parent's murders. She ran a clinic in Crime Alley.

I'm pretty sure she was the 1st person to identify Batman as Bruce, and she was irate about it. In fact I'd say she gave Bruce more hell than anyone in the DCU. She's the proverbial rock.

I know who she is. The way some of the posters were talking, it sounds like DC did something dumb with her before the New 52 started.

This casting...
ugx7XTZ.gif

I know who she is. The way some of the posters were talking, it sounds like DC did something dumb with her before the New 52 started.

She was retconned into deliberately withholding care from Stephanie Brown so that Steph would die. This did equal a trashing a frigid going of two major and popular members of the Bat-family, and one that flew in the face of previous characterizations.

Then Dixon came back and set it right by changing it to faking Steph's death.

She was retconned into deliberately withholding care from Stephanie Brown so that Steph would die. This did equal a trashing a frigid going of two major and popular members of the Bat-family, and one that flew in the face of previous characterizations.

Plus Bill Willingham (write Robin at the time along with Parts 2 and 4 of the War Crimes arc on the Batman title; Anderson Gaybrich wrote Pts 1 and 3 in Detective) being a right jerk to fans who hated the retcon complete with a "How do you like them apples?".

That put me off checking out Fables or any other of his works since

That's cold-blooded.

Loved seeing her in the promo. Can't wait to see her in action.

Baccarin also voices the Dr. Wells computer on FLASH.

Isn't weird that we've seen Leslie Thompkins topless?

I hope we get to see the meeting between Bruce and Dr. Leslie Thompkin. Maybe she'll move into the Manor and help Alfred raise him as a surrogate mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"