Deadpool Morena Baccarin is Vanessa Carlysle

Honestly, I'm glad that they kept as much as possible grounded, and that Vanessa is a human in the movie. It simplifies their story, and focuses on their feelings. I would've done it the same way. I've always loved their interaction and love story, but could've done without her powers and mutant story. Especially in a movie. Sorry for whoever loves her as Copycat. But, I mean, there's a shapeshifter in the flicks anyway. And who knows, maybe she'll become Copycat someday.

Last edited:
I'm fine with it not happening in this film, but I do think it should happen. If she was a mutant right away that adds a whole new element to the script, it's not there in the comics when they meet either.

Morena can have a much more interesting arc with it happening down the line imo. As well as add conflict to her and Wades relationship like it does in the comics. She's not the most trustworthy of all characters and more of a villain so it would be a nice twist for audiences.

Last edited:
id rather her not be a shape shifter. maybe she can copy fighting styles or make copies of herself. i think mystique has that shapeshifter title in movies now.

If the film series managed to feature multiple telepaths, I don't see why they can't feature another shapeshifter.

what multiple telepaths are you speaking of? cause i can only think of emma frost and she had a SEPERATE ability. jean who also had a SEPERATE ability. and psylocke who also has a SEPERATE ability. copycat doesn't have anything to really differentiate her especially since she looks blue.

what multiple telepaths are you speaking of? cause i can only think of emma frost and she had a SEPERATE ability. jean who also had a SEPERATE ability. and psylocke who also has a SEPERATE ability.
NTW now has a separate if not entirely different solo ability.

Copycat doesn't have anything to really differentiate her especially since she looks blue.
Is she always drawn with that light of a complexion?
She's albino in certain pics.

Going off her wiki :cwink:, she's a Mystique/Rogue hybrid with chronic amnesia. It doesn't seem like Rogue will be back for an extended time,
so Mystique & Copycat in the same movie...when?

Someone on here mentioned Chiana from Farscape awhile back and I think that's a great example. Mysitque is super bright blue now and has distinct scales and hair. Smooth grayish blue skin, with white hair and red eyes will not look like her.

With her powers they just need to make sure Nessa has a different effect when morphing.

Last edited:
Someone on here mentioned Chiana from Farscape awhile back and I think that's a great example.
Woah, haven't seen that name dropped in forever. That looks right.

what multiple telepaths are you speaking of? cause i can only think of emma frost and she had a SEPERATE ability. jean who also had a SEPERATE ability. and psylocke who also has a SEPERATE ability. copycat doesn't have anything to really differentiate her especially since she looks blue.

Doesn't matter if she has a separate ability or not. There's no rule to it.

There's also at least 3 teleporters that appeared in the film, all of them doesn't have a separate mutant ability.

Pretty much.

Plus Copycat can duplicate powers along with her appearance. Mystique can't do that.

I'm excited for her character.

Not to sound like 'such a guy' but she's one of the few people on the planet that would make me climax in my pants if she asked me to sleep with her. :|

Perfect love interest. It's very clearly she belongs with someone like Wade. It's not just about the physical attraction. There's support and anger when there needs to be.

Follow suit other superhero movies. We need to know that the lovers are together because they seem made for each other and not fit the others slots.

Perfect love interest. It's very clearly she belongs with someone like Wade. It's not just about the physical attraction. There's support and anger when there needs to be.

Follow suit other superhero movies. We need to know that the lovers are together because they seem made for each other and not fit the others slots.

Yeah the love story was great and very convincing. Morena was a great foil to Ryan as she is funny herself. And damn, she is still hot as hell, loved her since Firefly.

If she turns into Copycat they can do the pansexual love scenes with Deadpool

I think it could easily happen given how the movie ended...

I thought Baccarin was great. Showed much more charisma than I've seen from her in the past -- although most of my exposure to her before this was as Mrs. Brody, so I guess I wouldn't have known.

I thought Baccarin was great. Showed much more charisma than I've seen from her in the past -- although most of my exposure to her before this was as Mrs. Brody, so I guess I wouldn't have known.

Watch her on The Good Wife she was amazing on that show.

Anyone else bummed out that we didn't get any Morena Baccarin nudes scenes? Maybe it's childish of me but I had my hopes up and it would have fit the film and her character perfectly.

Anyone else bummed out that we didn't get any Morena Baccarin nudes scenes? Maybe it's childish of me but I had my hopes up and it would have fit the film and her character perfectly.

She gets pretty close.

I thought Baccarin was very good. The Wade/Vanessa relationship is the one part of the movie played basically straight, and it could have felt really unnecessary, but they had great chemistry.

In terms of the character's future, I would imagine they'll have to keep her more involved in the action going forward. I know some people were expecting her to get her powers triggered at the end, which I was momentarily expecting before I remembered she didn't have the serum (nor would it have made sense for Ajax to have given it to her). We'll see what comes next, I guess.

I'm only bummed in the sense that she got nude for a lesser film that no one saw instead of this one. But maybe that experience is what soured her on doing more nude scenes.

Either way, it's not hard to find on the internet.

As for Copycat, there's always time to do that later on. They didn't have enough money to make her a mutant this time. Also, to be honest, I can't see her relationship with Deadpool lasting that long.

She looked ALOT like Famke in this film

Watch Firefly and Serenity my friend, she is great in both.

I was hoping for a bit more too because I have been a big fan since FF and Serenity. But oh well I have the Internet for that I guess :cwink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"