Mortal Kombat 11

Then you're saying a woman has to be covered up to be respected, which is a terrible message to be sending, and frankly, something some bible bashing preacher would tell women to do. We can't honestly say this when we've got countless sports women who get around in attire that is revealing, whether it's in athletics, tennis, wrestling, MMA, whatever the sport is. I'm sorry but it's a backward and regressive attitude towards women, under the misguided idea it's doing them a favour out of 'respect'. It's not respectful to indicate women have to cover up. That's like some Victorian era attitude of thinking.

You might have a point if this were an actual woman. Its not. Its a character, in a video game, created to be looked at by the players.

Also, frankly, its nice for them to have to learn how to make good looking female costume designs that *don't* rely upon the crutch of "massive exposed T&A" to look good.

Honestly, so far the only female costume I didn't like was Skarlet's desert costume. And that to me kind of feels like a joke on Netherrealm's part. Like they realized how many people complained about MK9 and then were like "Ok, let's cover everything but the eyes." But I love her leather outfit, and only wish she'd have her MK9 ponytail.

And it's like you said, I am glad they are finally learning how to make good female costumes. It was kinda disappointing to follow how male costumes got more detailed and intricate over the decades, but females got less and less fabric. More disappointing though was how the women were treated. For a 1000 year old Edenian Princess, Kitana seemed immensely naive and was basically a damsel in distress, and Mileena was practically horny 24/7. They really did them dirty in MK9, when they rebooted the characters and changed the lore in the process. I hope they'll redeem Kitana in MK11.

There also seems to be 2 new characters. One could already be revealed, due to the mask. The other looks to be one of the demon grunts of Chronika's.

MK 11 level design >

mk11_kytinnlosthive_concept.jpg

mk11_shinnoksbonesepulcher_concept.jpg
mk11_hourglass-concept.jpg

Nice. I really really like that castle stage and the one in the launch trailer with the dragon statues

Oh my God! They finally used the MK theme into a game!

I always wondered why they never did for the past titles. I hope it's actually played during the story.

Oh my God! They finally used the MK theme into a game!

I always wondered why they never did for the past titles. I hope it's actually played during the story.

I heard they didn't have the rights to it anymore, which is supposedly why the more recent games didn't use it as part of their marketing. I assume they got the rights back for it.

DLC characters possibly leaked

What makes me a bit skeptical about this is that there are 9 characters listed instead of 12. If this is true, I hope it only shows 9 listed because KP2 is nowhere near close to being released and the final three are still far off in development.

What makes me a bit skeptical about this is that there are 9 characters listed instead of 12. If this is true, I hope it only shows 9 listed because KP2 is nowhere near close to being released and the final three are still far off in development.

happy to see Spawn on the list.

But Joker is surprising and a bit suspect. Would DC allow one of their characters to appear in such an ultra violent setting? I know MK characters are in Injustice games. But they are toned down to match the less violent world of DC. Would DC allow the opposite and allow Joker to literally rip people open, melt them, and blow them up to pieces, and have other characters brutally kill Joker with their fatalities?

I'm not so sure about that.

happy to see Spawn on the list.

But Joker is surprising and a bit suspect. Would DC allow one of their characters to appear in such an ultra violent setting? I know MK characters are in Injustice games. But they are toned down to match the less violent world of DC. Would DC allow the opposite and allow Joker to literally rip people open, melt them, and blow them up to pieces, and have other characters brutally kill Joker with their fatalities?

I'm not so sure about that.

Well DC definitely wouldn't allow someone like Batman or Superman to be ripped apart. But they may be less strict about Joker. Apparently they've has been trying to go a bit darker recently. The Joker was fisted by Superman in Injustice. In Elseworlds he was shot, beheaded, dismembered, fell in a vault of acid, and much more. DC Comics writers love to kill him in horrible ways since he is that much of a twisted bastard. It would also be a way to advertise the upcoming Joker movie.

I can guarantee one thing, if Joker does get in, it's gonna start a floodgate and people will then start asking for Superman, Batman and other DC heroes and not understanding the difference.

Jesus Christ i havent played MK since Armageddon wtf have I missed??

Liking this list of possible dlc characters, but i will wait if that is true before thinking more about it..
But its definitly a list i could live with.

The 2011 reboot and X.

I haven't played X yet, but will try to buy it if I don't have anything else to play anymore, I might wait years after 11's release.

There will finally be a dlc stage or what does it mean by environment name? Single player dlc would be cool if it means like a bonus chapter or something

Very suspect there. Some of those names sound like fan casting hopeful inclusions. It would be great if it were true but I have doubts about at least two of those names. And a third one sounds iffy.

Joker definitely is suspect.
Ash is also suspect but I think he would be a great addition.
The Terminator is also suspect.
Spawn is a fan favorite demand but he at least has the most likelyhood of being added.

Well DC definitely wouldn't allow someone like Batman or Superman to be ripped apart. But they may be less strict about Joker. Apparently they've has been trying to go a bit darker recently. The Joker was fisted by Superman in Injustice. In Elseworlds he was shot, beheaded, dismembered, fell in a vault of acid, and much more. DC Comics writers love to kill him in horrible ways since he is that much of a twisted bastard. It would also be a way to advertise the upcoming Joker movie.

I can guarantee one thing, if Joker does get in, it's gonna start a floodgate and people will then start asking for Superman, Batman and other DC heroes and not understanding the difference.
that's true. and Joker could definitely work in MK. I'm just suspect that DC would allow it. as you said, it would trigger fans demanding other DC characters. I for one would like Raven if they're doing DC guest characters......lol.

The darker based characters could probably work.

- Shao Kahn won Armageddon.
- Raiden sent his memories back in time before he is killed.
- Past Raiden gets the memories when MK1 is about to start.
- He tries to change the events that happened during MK1, 2 and 3.
- Most characters are killed by the end, becoming revenants of Quan Chi.
- Raiden defeats Shao Kahn, Joynny and Sonya also survive.
- 2 Years later, Shinnok invades.
- Shinnok loses by Cage's hand and is sealed.
- 25 years later, Cage and Sonya's daughter (Cassie), the cousin of Kung Lao, Jax's daughter and Kenshi's son are the next generation of fighters.
- Sub-Zero and Scorpion make peace.
- Quan Chi releases Shinnok from seal, then is decapitated by Scorpion.
- Shinnok attacks again and spreads his corruption to the world.
- Cassie defeats Shinnok.
- Raiden uses himself to clean the world of Shinnok's corruption, thus corrupting him and turning him into Dark Raiden.
- Dark Raiden warns the Netherealm rulers (revenants Liu-Kang and Kitana) with Shinnok's severed head about invading Earthrealm.

"There are fates worse than death"

MK11 begins.

1 day ago
MORTAL KOMBAT 11: Christopher Lambert Makes A Godly Cameo In New Trailer For The Game
Christopher Lambert, the actor who played Raiden in the Mortal Kombat movie, makes a godly cameo in the French trailer for NetherRealm Studios' highly anticipated Mortal Kombat 11.Read more

| 4/19/2019
Filed Under: "Mortal Kombat" Source: WB Games
15499.jpg

Mortal Kombat 11
is out in just a few more days, and NetherRealm Studios has done everything within their reach to make fans of the long-running fighting series excited for the game's release; constantly releasing new trailers, as well as revealing new characters.

The premise of the game has the past meeting the present, as characters from the first entries in the Mortal Kombat series find themselves crossing over with future versions of themselves; all of this happening because of the self-proclaimed "Keeper of Time" Kronika, who has brought all of them as she intends to restart, and maybe even rewrite, history.

It seems as if NetherRealm have taking the time-meddling concept very seriously, as the launch trailer for the game featured the fantastic, and iconic main theme of the 1995 live-action Mortal Kombatmovie — which made the trailer even more epic than anything the studio has released so far.

As if it wasn't enough, today Warner Bros. Games released yet another trailer for Mortal Kombat 11 and, lo and behold it's Christopher Lambert — the actor who played Raiden in the cult-classic Mortal Kombat movie — playing the game as Raiden and sending Scorpion back to the Netherrealm.

Take a look:

The all new Custom Character Variations give you unprecedented control to customize the fighters and make them your own. The new graphics engine showcasing every skull-shattering, eye-popping moment, brings you so close to the fight you can feel it. And featuring a roster of new and returning Klassic Fighters, Mortal Kombat’s best in class cinematic story mode continues the epic saga over 25 years in the making.

Mortal Kombat 11 will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on the 23rd of April.
Nintendo Switch version will release on the 10th of May.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

I think I’d have rather seen Eobard Thawne over that other character, especially as you could work his appearance into his running through the multiverse and getting stuck in the MK universe. :p

In any case, it’s a good DLC List, some of those guest characters have been a long time coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"