Action-Adventure Mortal Kombat 2

The actors who play Scorpion and Raiden are in the new show Shogun. It’s obvious they’re very good actors and being wasted in MK by a crappy script

Weird that they chose October to release it in.

Pst....
People who were disappointed with the first are gonna be happy with this one. An improvement would be an understatement. /SPOILER]

I rewatched the first one a few days ago since it was on Netflix. My original opinion was that I overall enjoyed it but admitted to the many issues it did have. Upon my recent re-watch, I seemed to have enjoyed it even more than the last time. Still not afraid to admit to its flaws and feeling of the budget with effects and such were all over the place. But I enjoyed it enough that I'm sure I'll watch it again at some point. Even the 1995 film I still watch occasionally as a guilty pleasure. Looking forward to this sequel.

Seems like an early screening for MK 2 is happening, which is quite surprising considering it doesn’t come out for 16 months.

Think this is legit, tried to get into an early screening for IT back in 2016 with this site. Wasn’t successful, though.

I'm going to say, tht is not the final film that will be released. Someone is looking for feedback.

I saw a thread on Reddit yesterday where someone claimed to have saw the film, and it was removed, but man, will a lot of fans not be happy with how things play out.

Yeeeeah, I heard some things too from that.

But honestly, are we shocked?

Yeeeeah, I heard some things too from that.

But honestly, are we shocked?

I’m not surprised at all.

I’m more excited for Street Fighter, and that doesn’t even have a director, lol

Simon McQuoid as director was a big red flag.

I’m not surprised at all.

I’m more excited for Street Fighter, and that doesn’t even have a director, lol

Simon McQuoid as director was a big red flag.

For real! And made some choices bro.

Jade being unlikeable, Sindel and Kitana having NO interactions with each other AND Shao Kahn killing Liu Kang?

trash-kid-fury.gif

For real! And made some choices bro.

Jade being unlikeable, Sindel and Kitana having NO interactions with each other AND Shao Kahn killing Liu Kang?

View attachment 95417

Dude, where do I even begin:

- Jax and Liu Kang getting killed by Khan.
- No action for Quan Chi or Shang Tsung
- Kano helping the good guys at the end, and no cybernetic eye despite taking a gnome to the eye from Sonya in MK 2021.
- Noob only showing up for the last 15 minutes of the film, same with Scorpion and Raiden doing little
- Kitana and Liu not interacting at all.

The only positives I saw where Kitana and the action scenes being long takes.

Stuff like Fallout, Castlevania, Arcane, Street Fighter Assassins Fist show you can do games justice! Even MK 1995 is a lot of fun, despite the PG-13 rating.

There’s no excuse for MK to suck! Could be amazing with the right creative team!

Dude, where do I even begin:

- Jax and Liu Kang getting killed by Khan.
- No action for Quan Chi or Shang Tsung
- Kano helping the good guys at the end, and no cybernetic eye despite taking a gnome to the eye from Sonya in MK 2021.
- Noob only showing up for the last 15 minutes of the film, same with Scorpion and Raiden doing little
- Kitana and Liu not interacting at all.

The only positives I saw where Kitana and the action scenes being long takes.

This sounds even worse than Cole Young. Good lord.

I’ll let you guys in on a little secret. I’m part of an MK fan community of a dozen people on Twitter, and Todd actually followed a lot of us at one point

After the reception of MK 2021, Todd asked a bunch of us how they could improve on the second movie. We DM him, but clearly he didn’t listen to a lot of the stuff we suggested, aside from better action. We even said no Simon! :csad:

Btw if you look at spoilers at a glance as cliff notes with no context as how it flows as a film, it’s easy to get outraged. I was lukewarm on the first and thought this was extremely entertaining.
a lot of missing context, for example “jade is unlikable” is a ridiculous complaint given her role is someone who at the beginning of the film starts out as completely loyal to Kahn and throughout the course of the film ends up redeeming herself by the end.

Also huge spoiler, lui kang while may be defeated in the final fight(brutally so), is not killed. He was shown alive by the end of the film. This was from the cut I saw, Though things can always change, testing different endings. Etc

Last edited:
I mean...why the surprise or even disappointment? Maybe the fights will be better at least.

Btw if you look a spoilers at a glance as cliff notes with no context as how it flows as a film, it’s easy to get outraged. I was lukewarm on the first and thought this was extremely entertaining.
a lot of missing context, for example “jade is unlikable” is a ridiculous complaint given her role is someone who at the beginning of the film starts out as completely loyal to Kahn and throughout the course of the film ends up redeeming herself by the end.

Also huge spoiler, lui kang while may be defeated in the final fight(brutally so), is not killed. He was shown alive by the end of the film. This was from the cut I saw, Though things can always change, testing different endings. Etc

Okay, that’s good to hear! Has me optimistic.

When did you see the film? The most recent screening was on June 25th.

And I think filming wrapped in January or February, if I recall correctly.

So I can’t imagine much has been changed yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"