Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Yeah. What I hated though was if I didn't do a combo right, or even tried to make up one I wanted without using their's, I got smacked in the face for it.

Savage said:
Yeah. What I hated though was if I didn't do a combo right, or even tried to make up one I wanted without using their's, I got smacked in the face for it.

One of the many reasons why I dislike the current-gen MK fighters. The dial-a-combo system was the worst idea they could come up with for a fighting game. Where exactly is the fun in playing a fighter if you aren't even allowed to do your own combos?

If that doesn't change with the next generation then the MK franchise is dead to me. Well, unless they make another Shaolin Monks.

Some people like that style though...myself included. Being able to pull of a really long combo is awesome, and it does take skill :up:

I heard the game is going to incorpate both styles. The konquest will be like Shaolin Monks and the vs fighting mode will be like deception with new added things like air combos and better breakers and blocks.

All to create a game that wreaks of pure awesomeness. :up:

This game is looking really good! I just hope we gat a whole bunch of unlockables like in DA. That always gives a game more replay factor. :) I also can't wait for the create a fighter!

here are a sample of the scans at the second link I just posted

displayImage.cgi
displayImage.cgi

displayImage.cgi

-Will this game have a 2 vs 2 vs mode?

-How man four armed characters are there?

-Which Reptile will be in the game,the ninja,or the lizard?

-How many characters have there been in total from all the previous games?

-How many MK games have there been?

Savage said:
What they really need to work on is the rigidness of the combo system. If you don't do the combos they give you, it just stops in it's tracks. It needs to take note from the Soul Caliber games where you can button mash and it still LOOKS like a legit game combo as opposed to "ump. Nope. Stop right there. You didn't do it right.".

Funny, that's one of the reasons I don't like Soul Caliber. My 10 yr old sister can pick up the controller, bash every button at once, and kick my ass. :down

I hope reptile is there in his Shoalin Monks version, and not the terrible Lizard form. Tails and waddles do not a good fighter make

GoldGoblin said:
-Will this game have a 2 vs 2 vs mode?

-How man four armed characters are there?

-Which Reptile will be in the game,the ninja,or the lizard?

-How many characters have there been in total from all the previous games?

-How many MK games have there been?

-I'm thinking they will have a tag team mode, but nothing has been confirmed

-3 four armed characters...Sheeva, Goro, Kintaro

-No one knows yet...his Shaolin Monks look, and his Deadly Alliance look are both shown in the trailer. I'm sure we'll be able to make old school ninjas in create a fighter mode if worse comes to worse (because I hate lizard reptile :down)

-roughly 58. They are adding the new character from Konquest as a playable character so that brings the current character tally to 59.

-a lot of Mk games lol. MK1, MK2, MK3, UMK3, MK4, MKDA, MKD, MKSM, MKSF, MK Anthologies

Also, Motaro has been CONFIRMED! He will be playable in MK:A

Sparta* said:
Also, Motaro has been CONFIRMED! He will be playable in MK:A

I reallu hope they do something to balance out the boss characters. I mean, Stryker vs Goro really isn't going to be a fair fight.

apparently all the boss characters are going through extensive balancing so that they are similar to the other players and fair to play with (unlike their MK Trilogy counterparts)

some classic stages that are returning...

-Graveyard or Wasteland (can't tell yet)
-Khan's arena
-Subway
-Armory
-Goro's Lair

Sparta* said:
apparently all the boss characters are going through extensive balancing so that they are similar to the other players and fair to play with (unlike their MK Trilogy counterparts)

some classic stages that are returning...

-Graveyard or Wasteland (can't tell yet)
-Khan's arena
-Subway
-Armory
-Goro's Lair

Good to hear. Any word on the story yet? Is Onaga the villian again?

I hope scorpion is the main character of the game. I herd that Liu Kang was supposed to come back from the dead. Rain is definitely going to be a killer.

krpton2 said:
I hope scorpion is the main character of the game. I herd that Liu Kang was supposed to come back from the dead. Rain is definitely going to be a killer.

I'd like to see something like Street Fighter Alpha...where each character has their own boss depending on story (example, Scorpion's boss would be Sub-Zero or Quan Chi, Sub-Zero would have Noob Saibot, Liu Kang/Shang Tsung, etc..)

Matt said:
Good to hear. Any word on the story yet? Is Onaga the villian again?

If you look at the wallpaper they released a while back with all the characters on it...it appears Blaze has a different look. He is bigger then everyone else, and i'm thinking he might be the end boss. I think Onaga will just be another boss type character like Motaro.

Also, there is a new interview freshly posted at gameinformer.com

Mortal Kombat has sucked since UMK3. The 60 fighter thing is pretty ... stupid? Theres no plauseable way for them to bring back all the characters in the massivly flawed "storyline" they have.

So many characters died, and stayed dead for many years. Lu Kang, Striker, Jax, Johnny Cage (though he came back. Twice.)...What are they gonna do, just say "OMG ALL THE SOULS ARE BACK TO EARTH AND BLAH BLAH BLAH"

No. It's going to be crap. The ONLY reason I'll get this game is if the "Konquest" mode is like Shalion Monks. Only with (almost) all 60 characters. None of the "uber" chars (Major bosses, or people with 3+ arms), but people like Stryker, Cyrax, The original SubZero (Noob Saibot)...

...Well I'm totaly confused about your opinion of the series. Anybody else?

My opinion? It's gone to crap since they started with the 3d. The storyline has always sucked, though it's a fighting game...so eh. The Konquest mode has been the only real reason to play the game in the past two versions, and it's still kinda ****ty. Shaolin Monks system would be good, but only if you could pick any of the main non-boss characters.

Damn! I hate Kintaro usually but in that pic he looks so effing badass!!!!

WOW!

SouLeSS said:
My opinion? It's gone to crap since they started with the 3d. The storyline has always sucked, though it's a fighting game...so eh. The Konquest mode has been the only real reason to play the game in the past two versions, and it's still kinda ****ty. Shaolin Monks system would be good, but only if you could pick any of the main non-boss characters.
ah. I was just wondering why you'd buy a game you hated so much was all.

Cause I have a lot of money, and it's like a collection thing. Not that I'm really bragging about the money thing, but 30-50$ to complete a series every few years isn't that bad.

Kinda like the Megaman X Games after 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"