Mortal Kombat Legends: Cage Match | WB Animation

Maybe MK is a franchise that can benefit from animated features or like a Disney+ type show where you can flesh out the characters and mythology in episodic format. Although I want to have faith in a successful movie franchise maybe it’s time for studios that own certain properties to start thinking differently. Everyone wants to try and copy Marvel’s success with the MCU and keep failing. I can honestly see MK being a series on HBO Max focusing on characters and then the tournament being an hour long season finale. Perhaps after all the ground work has been laid on streaming service, the ratings are phenomenal, it’s trending all over social media then maybe do a big movie because hardcore fans and the general public is interested and aware.

Last edited:
Maybe MK is a franchise that can benefit from animated features or like a Disney+ type show where you can flesh out the characters and mythology in episodic format. Although I want to have faith in a successful movie franchise maybe it’s time for studios that own certain properties to start thinking differently. Everyone wants to try and copy Marvel’s success with the MCU and keep failing. I can honestly see MK being a series on HBO Max focusing on characters and then the tour a being a hour long season finale. Perhaps after all the ground work has been laid on streaming service, the ratings are phenomenal, it’s trending all over social media then maybe do a big movie because hardcore fans snd the general public is interested.

That would be so awesome!

Maybe MK is a franchise that can benefit from animated features or like a Disney+ type show where you can flesh out the characters and mythology in episodic format. Although I want to have faith in a successful movie franchise maybe it’s time for studios that own certain properties to start thinking differently. Everyone wants to try and copy Marvel’s success with the MCU and keep failing. I can honestly see MK being a series on HBO Max focusing on characters and then the tour a being a hour long season finale. Perhaps after all the ground work has been laid on streaming service, the ratings are phenomenal, it’s trending all over social media then maybe do a big movie because hardcore fans snd the general public is interested.
That would be so awesome!

yeah it’s like doing the opposite of the MCU did. Do 2 season on HBO max retelling the elder the fall of Edenia, Scorpion/Sub-Zero’s clan backstories maybe go into the last tournament with the original Kung Lao. Then introduce the heroes we know also, Sonya, Johnny, etc

Probably way too expensive. Maybe animation is just the better (also cheaper) format for it if done as a series.

Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms Producer Felt No Pressure Following Up the Live-Action Movie

ComicBook.com spoke to Morales ahead of the movie’s August 31st debut and asked whether the reception and attention the live-action movie got ever factored into his work Battle of the Realms. Morales said he didn’t have knowledge of what was going on with the live-action side since the live-action movie and the animated series follow completely different storylines. He added that there weren’t any restrictions placed on Battle of the Realms based on what might’ve been happening in the live-action movie.

“No, no, no, because this was being worked on while I assume they were wrapping up theirs,” Morales said. “So, like I said, I had no knowledge of what they were doing on the live action side. And there was certainly no restrictions put on us about what we could or couldn't do. There wasn't anything like, "Hey, you guys need to stay away from Scorpion's story, because we're going to be handling that at the beginning of our film," or anything like that. We didn't have that communication. It was just accepting that these are two different things.”

When it comes to differentiating between the two Mortal Kombat storylines, Morales said he’s got faith in audiences to make the distinction and said that they never need to be connected to one another anyway.

“That's a live-action thing. This is an animated thing,” Morales said. “They don't live in the same space, they don't need to. And I think people are ... They're savvy enough to understand that. If people can follow 20 some odd Marvel comics universe movies, and all this stuff that they're doing in Loki and the time travel and the alternate reality and this and that, I think they can separate the live-action from the animation.”

They gave the first one a 6, but I would give it a 7.5.

Hopefully I'll like the second one more than they did

I love it when an adaption just casts the "Raiden is not allowed to intervene" thing aside and just makes him a no nonsense beast to be reckoned.

And it's nice that I finally know the release date for this one. All I saw before today was the trailer for this that doesn't announce the release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"