Mortal Kombat Legends: Cage Match | WB Animation

They gave the first one a 6, but I would give it a 7.5.

Hopefully I'll like the second one more than they did

I loved the first one, as most fans did, so that IGN rating means nothing to me.

My steelbook from Best Buy shipped today.

This movie took notes from Mortal Kombat, MK Annihilation, the lame liveaction movie of this year, MK Mythologies, MK9, MK11, and that silly Defenders of the Realm cartoon with bad combat animation.
This is not a negative thing to say about it, I find some of the material used an interesting choice.

I felt really bad for Bi-Han in the first film, it was nice to see my favorite MK character -Kuai Liang- have more plot this time around.

It's a fine sequel that I enjoyed, but I found it inferior to Scorpion's Revenge.

It's not as good as Scorpion's Revenge, but I still had a pretty great time with this movie and Liu Kang got so much shine in this that I was honestly grinning from ear to ear the entire time during that final battle.

That EPIC beatdown alone made this movie worth sitting through, but it did feel like they tried to cram alot into such a short running time and I just wanted to explore this world more, especially that whole Kaui Liang/Scorpion subplot which I thought was pretty interesting but they sort of rushed through it.

So much cool mythology and world buiding in this and its sad that we might never see any of it done justice antime soon in live action, but if we can still get quality MK animated movies than I'm perfectly fine with it.

This….was pretty underwhelming. It had a few bright spots here and there but it was pretty forgettable overall. Though sadly it’s still better than any of the live action MK movies(sans the ‘95 one).

I haven’t seen the full film. Just some clips on YouTube, and I have to say, I am disappointed in how really short the fights are, how a lot of characters were underutilized, and the Sub Zero/Scorpion/Cyber Lin Kuei seems a lot more interesting than the actual tournament.

They should have just made one film with the actual tournament and another Sub Zero/Lin Kuei/Scorpion.

I just finished MKL: Battle of the Realms.

Pros:
Art/animation
Voice acting - Joel McHale is still great. Shao Khan is a beast.
Fights were brutal.
Liu Kang gets to be the hero!

Cons:

This movie is super RUSHED! It felt like a combination of MK2/MK3/ with some elements of the from the new movies/recent games.There is a subplot with another villain that is running during the tournament and has to be settled in the last 20 minutes. I honestly thought that the ending would be the Shao Khan fight with a tease to set up the sequel. While there are many cameos of characters basically just there to fight and die, many dont really get even a brief moment.

Instead of more full fights during the tournament, there are brief montages with snippets of various battles of different characters. Even the final Khan battle wasnt as kickbutt I'd like. The various Lin Keui (sp?)/ Scorpion segments that arent part of the proper tournament were better.

Overall: 7/10

MK movie rankings
MK 1995 - 8/10
MKL: Scorpions Revenge - 7.5/10
MK: Battle of the Realms / MK 2021 - 7/10
MK Annihilation - 4/10

Just finished watching this, and I felt very disappointed. Felt like the trailers spoiled all the best moments from the film, the pacing moved way too fast, lots of blood and gore, but the fight scenes weren’t nearly long enough, especially in the tournament battles. Also certain characters don’t get the respect they deserve.

I thought the Scorpion/Sub Zero/Lin Kuei subplot was a lot more interesting with the dynamics and the fight scenes being a bit longer. That said, it felt like the film couldn’t decide between Shao Kahn and Shinnok as the main antagonist. As I mentioned in a previous post, the storylines should have been used for two different films.

Positives: The voice acting, the blood and gore, Raiden was pretty awesome, but I was baffled to why he couldn’t use his lightning in battle. The film never even addressed if he could still use it after becoming mortal.

6/10

3rd animated movie should focus on Onaga!

Earthwarriors : Liu Kang, Cage, Jax, Sonya, Kitana, Kuai Liang, Nightwolf fighting against former king of Outworld

Shao Kahn (and his army Ermac, Rain, Sindel, Sheeva, Kano, Tsung, Motaro), trying to take Onaga down to recover his statut of ruler

earthwarriors vs Kahn's army vs Onaga's army would be great

Rayden may be corrupted during his return
Jade and Ashurah may be allies at some point
Bi Han could be back as Noob Saibot and working for his own

Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind Voice Cast and Plot Details Revealed - IGN

329E2DFD-74D0-4AD4-91DB-5468BFA51694.jpeg

Inspired by the blockbuster video game franchise from Midway Games and NetherRealm Studios, this third entry in the Warner Bros. Home Entertainment animated film series arrives as Mortal Kombat itself approaches its 30th anniversary this year.

Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind is produced and directed by Rick Morales, who also produced Scorpion’s Revenge and Battle of the Realms. Jeremy Adams, who wrote the previous two films, is back as the screenwriter of Snow Blind.

The voice cast includes Manny Jacinto (Top Gun: Maverick, The Good Place) and David Wenham (the Lord of the Rings movies, Iron Fist), as well as Ron Yuan, who voiced Scorpion in Mortal Kombat 11 but plays Sub-Zero here.

The full voice cast is listed below:

• Manny Jacinto - Kenshi
  • David Wenham - Kano
  • Ron Yuan – Kuai Liang/Sub-Zero
  • Keith Silverstein – Kabal
  • Courtenay Taylor – Kira
  • Yuri Lowenthal – Kobra
  • Artt Butler – Shang Tsung & Lin Kuei
  • Imari Williams – Tremor
The voice cast also includes Patrick Seitz, Lei Yin, Sumalee Montano, Debra Wilson, and Keston John.

In Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind, Kano is hellbent on taking over Earthrealm, viciously attacking town after town with the aid of three cold-blooded Black Dragon mercenaries. Those who don’t submit are annihilated. One young man won’t bend the knee to Kano: Kenshi.

Cocky and undisciplined, Kenshi loses both his eyesight and his confidence after Kano and his clan attack him. Kenshi then comes under the tutelage of Kuai Liang, now retired and reluctant to train Kenshi – but also the only fighter powerful enough to challenge Kano.

Along the way, Kenshi rediscovers the hope he had lost and a possible path to redemption … but will that be enough to stop Kano and save Earthrealm?

Just remembered Ron Yuan voiced Scorpion in MK11, and he’s now voicing Kuai Liang!

This movie sets several decades after Scorpion's Revenge and BOTR. Waiting for a movie about Onaga, direct sequel of BOTR

According to the official plot synopsis, Mortal Kombat Legends: Cage Match is a period piece set in both Hollywood and the Netherrealm:

“Neon lights... Suits with shoulder pads... Jumping from explosions in slow motion... In 1980s Hollywood, action star Johnny Cage (Joel McHale) is looking to become an A-list actor. But when his costar, Jennifer (Jennifer Grey), goes missing from set, Johnny finds himself thrust into a world filled with shadows, danger, and deceit.

As he embarks on a bloody journey, Johnny quickly discovers the City of Angels has more than a few devils in its midst. He faces off against a sinister secret society plotting a nefarious scheme, but the brutal fight against the bloodthirsty warriors of the Netherrealm is just beginning.

Can Johnny, alongside other Kombat legends, save humanity...and, more importantly, his career?”

Check out the full voice cast below:

• Joel McHale (Animal Control, Community) as Johnny Cage
  • Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing, Red Oaks) as Herself
  • Dusan Brown (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom) as Chuck Golden
  • Grey DeLisle (Teen Titans Go!) as Kia
  • Robin Atkin Downes (Luck, DC Showcase: Constantine – The House of Mystery) as Shinnok
  • Zehra Fazal (Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe) as Jataaka
  • Gilbert Gottfried (Aladdin, Royal Crackers) as David Doubldy
  • Kelly Hu (Arrow, X2: X-Men United) as Ashrah
  • Matt Yang King (Elemental) as Concierge
  • Phil LaMarr (Futurama) as Brian Van Jones
  • Matthew Mercer (Resident Evil: Death Island) as Director/Bully
  • Dave B. Mitchell (Call of Duty franchise) as Raiden
  • Armen Taylor (Justice Society: World War II) as Master Boyd

Last edited:
Wow, I wonder when Gilbert Gottfried recorded this because he passed away in April 2022.

These Elseworlds animated Mortal Kombat movies are getting kind of weird. It's like, yeah DC Elseworlds/AU stories kind of make sense. But having so many for Mortal Kombat now is still kind of weird.

That said, now Mortal Kombat has a very convoluted canon where they are doing all these continuity resets just like the DC Universe, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"