Mortal Kombat 2021

View attachment 41847

No idea if this guy is reliable, but this seems to hint at you know what.

What is this guy trying to pull? We've heard the rumors. We know what the supposed spoilers are. And unless the script has changed, this isn't some great revelation, OH COLE YOUNG IS THAT CHARACTER! It's not clever.

Yeah, god forbid the fans want a story centered around the established characters this franchise has been built around for almost 30 years and not a throwaway character who has hardly ever been developed OR a playable character at all.

Cole Young is already my favourite character.

I hope Art Lean returns.

But Hiroyuki Sanada?

Sanada is basically playing the original Scorpion with the same name from the games. The script reportedly has Cole Young/Turner as his son.

So once again, unless it's been changed, to say Cole Young is a character from the games is kind of a copout.

Sanada is basically playing the original Scorpion with the same name from the games. The script reportedly has Cole Young/Turner as his son.

So once again, unless it's been changed, to say Cole Young is a character from the games is kind of a copout.

Wait so...

He’s Scorpion’s son and not his descendant? So does he have no memory of his past or is it like a reincarnation thing? If it’s the latter, then why not just make him a reincarnation of Scorpion himself instead of his dead son? This is like making Thomas Wayne the new Batman, lol.

How does that add up?

If Bi Han and Hanzo are fighting in "feudal Japan" which I'm assuming is long before the events of this take place?

Wait so...

He’s Scorpion’s son and not his descendant? So does he have no memory of his past or is it like a reincarnation thing? If it’s the latter, then why not just make him a reincarnation of Scorpion himself instead of his dead son? This is like making Thomas Wayne the new Batman, lol.

Unless it changed, his estranged son from a woman he schtupped in Earthrealm. Yeah, I don't know how that panned out if Scorpion is like this undead warrior or revanant.

Unless it changed, his estranged son from a woman he schtupped in Earthrealm. Yeah, I don't know how that panned out if Scorpion is like this undead warrior or revanant.

His face under the mask might be a flaming skull....but clearly the rest of him his flesh LOL

His face under the mask might be a flaming skull....but clearly the rest of him his flesh LOL

Unless it's a situation of displacing Satoshi from feudal Japan to the present, but whatever.

Wait so...

I think he's meant to be an amalgalm of Scorpion and Takeda from MKX. He'll be Scorpion by the end, but they're blurring his relationship with both Kenshi and Scorpion and just makeing Hanzo the estranged father. God knows how it adds up logistically with the fuedal Japan opening.

Long and short of it, I think he's essentially an amalgalm with little originality and damages the future potential of the characters he borrows from.

How does that add up?

If Bi Han and Hanzo are fighting in "feudal Japan" which I'm assuming is long before the events of this take place?

Not to forget that the article mentions neither having their powers. For Scorpion that's quite straightforward and in keeping with the lore, but it makes me wonder just what explanation they're planning for Sub-zero's power and if it affects the Lin Kuei at the time.

I think he's meant to be an amalgalm of Scorpion and Takeda from MKX. He'll be Scorpion by the end, but they're blurring his relationship with both Kenshi and Scorpion and just makeing Hanzo the estranged father. God knows how it adds up logistically with the fuedal Japan opening.

Long and short of it, I think he's essentially an amalgalm with little originality and damages the future potential of the characters he borrows from.

Not to forget that the article mentions neither having their powers. For Scorpion that's quite straightforward and in keeping with the lore, but it makes me wonder just what explanation they're planning for Sub-zero's power and if it affects the Lin Kuei at the time.

Not sure about the Lin Kuei, but Russo clarified Bi-Han’s abilities a few days ago.

At least that suggests he and the Lin Kuei naturally possess abilities. I'm still wondering how he survives from the fuedal Japan era to current day. Seems likely that Shang Tsung could be keeping him going with his power, but I'd be worried that he's little more than a puppet without a soul like the original film.

Then there's the issue of his younger brother Kuai Lang who has been Sub-zero ever since MK2. Not that I think he'll appear, but it hampers the potential.

At least that suggests he and the Lin Kuei naturally possess abilities. I'm still wondering how he survives from the fuedal Japan era to current day. Seems likely that Shang Tsung could be keeping him going with his power, but I'd be worried that he's little more than a puppet without a soul like the original film.

Then there's the issue of his younger brother Kuai Lang who has been Sub-zero ever since MK2. Not that I think he'll appear, but it hampers the potential.

I remember Joe Taslim doing a podcast months ago where described Bi-Han’s arc as ‘A Lin Kuei, he’s trying to ascend.’ Gives me hope, but that could be condensed into the 10 minutes into the film. Could go either way.

I think Russo said he wanted Kuai Lang for the sequel. Definitely curious about this timeline.

Godzilla vs Kong trailer is landing on Sunday and that's released 3 weeks before MK. So we can made a deduction on when this trailer may be coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"