BvS MOS potential for BVS

sf2

Superhero
Reaction score
Let's list down all the potential MOS has for BVS and how you wanna see it develop in BVS.
We then can come back to see if they have missed out any.

edited:

let's list down the MOS lessons too if any.

can the mod help to edit the title to be MOS potential and lesson for BVS?

Last edited:
Martha Kent.
I think she is very important in Clark's life but she was ignored in all his previous movies.
Hope to see more of her in the sequel. Instead of using kryptonite, she can be superman's weakness, seeing how superman had lost his mind protecting her in MOS.

Martha Kent agreed.
Explore Lois knowing Clark's secret and how it affects their relationship.
Goyer hinted that Perry knows/suspects that Clark is Superman. Play around with that.
Address the fallout of Superman killing Zod and the destruction. Batman and Lex work great for that.
Lex uses the chaos in the last movie to gain power/influence and stokes fears of superpowered beings/aliens.
Address the government/military's attitude towards Superman.
The public has seen aliens destroy (Zod) and protect (Superman), explore their thoughts about having aliens in their midst.
Address the differing views/beliefs of Batman and Superman.
Hint at a greater DC cinematic universe and other heroes emerging without it being so overt as to intrude on the narrative.

Clark at the Daily Planet..
Using his powers to do some research with some impossible scenarios..
Martha Kent.
Lois Lane-Superman-Bruce Wayne triangle (not sure that gonna happen)
Lex Corp and Zod's Armor left in the Lex Corp under construction building...

Hmm, Zod's armor left near a Lexcorp construction site, coughbattlesuitcough.

Hmm, Zod's armor left near a Lexcorp construction site, coughbattlesuitcough.
url

Also I agree with you with Lex manipulating people and seeding chaos on metropolis to not trust Superman, that could be a unexplored and awesome perspective of the movie IMO...

Martha Kent agreed.
Explore Lois knowing Clark's secret and how it affects their relationship.
Goyer hinted that Perry knows/suspects that Clark is Superman. Play around with that.
Address the fallout of Superman killing Zod and the destruction. Batman and Lex work great for that.
Lex uses the chaos in the last movie to gain power/influence and stokes fears of superpowered beings/aliens.
Address the government/military's attitude towards Superman.
The public has seen aliens destroy (Zod) and protect (Superman), explore their thoughts about having aliens in their midst.
Address the differing views/beliefs of Batman and Superman.
Hint at a greater DC cinematic universe and other heroes emerging without it being so overt as to intrude on the narrative.

agree, especially the public reaction!!! it wasn't shown at all in MOS! and in SR, the public was immediate embraced his return.
i wanna see fear in the public eyes. :D

I would like to see how Superman will deal with the death of Zod if he will feel guilty if he will be tormented. I want the character development of Superman enhanced. He could search some advise from Jor-El in the Fortress of Solitude. We could see how the world perceive Superman and how Superman perceive the World.

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Shannon made a cameo as a projection of Zod within Superman's head like how they did with Ra's in TDKR.

We could see if Superman will exile himself after the events of Metropolis or if he will decide to stay to deal with these events.

Superman could have nightmares about the death of Zod.

Well considering that he just took a job at the DP at the end of MOS in order to gain more mobility while being Superman, I don't think he'll be exiling himself any time soon.

It could just haunt him every day in the same way that Jor-el's death did to Zod as he spoke of, but it didn't hinder his ability to do his own duties.

I would like to see how Superman will deal with the death of Zod if he will feel guilty if he will be tormented. I want the character development of Superman enhanced. He could search some advise from Jor-El in the Fortress of Solitude. We could see how the world perceive Superman and how Superman perceive the World.

Jor-El spirit is gone into the black hole together with the kryptonian villains. unless there is a spare key.

action.

I like what G.Godfrey wrote:
"...As much as it was nice seeing Superman finally fight in MOS, I have to admit the action and the visuals of it weren't as exciting as I thought they would be. A bit too impersonal, with the zoom in's, kryptonians bouncing around, shaky cam and I didn't really feel the weight of it all. I'd like to see a more cinematic Superman action, that involves as you say, Superman using his brains in a complex saving scenario (not just flying through windows catching things like in SR). And when he does pick up heavy objects I'd like to feel the weight of it all. See Superman's hands rippling through steel when he grabs it and seeing him manipulate a large and heavy object up close, with no shaky cam. Perhaps I expect too much, perhaps it's too ''expensive'' or difficult, I don't know. But MOS often felt video-gamish instead of cinematic."

as G.Godfrey put it: i would like to feel the weight of the action this time.

We could see if Superman will exile himself after the events of Metropolis or if he will decide to stay to deal with these events.
OMG. bad idea. no more mopey superman pls. :D

I hope for Superman that he will find the hologram of Jor-El in the destroyed spaceship of zod.

action.

I like what G.Godfrey wrote:
"...As much as it was nice seeing Superman finally fight in MOS, I have to admit the action and the visuals of it weren't as exciting as I thought they would be. A bit too impersonal, with the zoom in's, kryptonians bouncing around, shaky cam and I didn't really feel the weight of it all. I'd like to see a more cinematic Superman action, that involves as you say, Superman using his brains in a complex saving scenario (not just flying through windows catching things like in SR). And when he does pick up heavy objects I'd like to feel the weight of it all. See Superman's hands rippling through steel when he grabs it and seeing him manipulate a large and heavy object up close, with no shaky cam. Perhaps I expect too much, perhaps it's too ''expensive'' or difficult, I don't know. But MOS often felt video-gamish instead of cinematic."

as G.Godfrey put it: i would like to feel the weight of the action this time.

Yea agree with Godfrey there. I think thats part of the reason everyones favourite fight is the Smallville battle rather then the Metropolis one.The Smallville one was shot on real streets, against more real back drops. It was tangible, it had weight. Whereas the Metropolis fight was like a cgi beat em up. Hard to know how to avoid that besides use as muxh real stuf as possible, like the Smallville fight.

I also hope they improve some of the flying shots. Some were great, others were not so special. For me, Iron Man still has the best flying shots.

How would you guys work Martha Kent into the sequel?

I think Martha should have a role roughly equal in size to her role in MoS. Now, that might seem sad because her role was so small in MoS but if you keep in mind this one is approximately half dedicated to Batman, I'd say a role that size is fairly substantial.

It's also realistic. Considering there will likely not be nearly as much about Superman's dads (neither Jor nor Johnathan).

1. I could see an opening sequence of Superman visiting her on the farm and explaining how difficult it is for him to be there/see her knowing that the more time he spends with his loved ones the fewer people he can save.
2. I could also see her being the one dissenting voice at an Anti-Superman rally (regarding the destruction from MoS and featuring Lex Luthor as a keynote speaker).

As mentioned earlier, I want Zod's suit to fall into Lex's hands, which would setup the awaited physical face-off between him and Superman.

I like Lex the most when he's a physical threat as well. It reminds me of evil Batman, heh.

I'm also really interested to see some expansion on some of MoS's easter eggs. The open pod (Kara?), STAR labs, etc.

i would like to see how superman will deal with the death of zod if he will feel guilty if he will be tormented. I want the character development of superman enhanced. he could search some advise from jor-el in the fortress of solitude. We could see how the world perceive superman and how superman perceive the world.
this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"