Most anticipated 2020 comic book film!

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by psylockolussus, Mar 27, 2019.

?

Your most anticipated cbm of 2020?

1. Kingsman: The Great Game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

6.7%
  3. Black Widow

13.3%
  4. Wonder Woman 1984

60.0%
  5. Morbius

2.2%
  6. Eternals

15.6%
  7. Venom 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bloodshot

2.2%
  1. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Its the start of a new decade and unlike 2000/2010, there are more comic books films that are set to be released in 2020. Eternals get my curiousity the most. Wonder Woman 1984 would be second if only Black Widow's movie is a sequel. Not really looking forward to Birds of Prey and Morbius but will watch them because Ive seen every Marvel/dc film since 1998.

2. Filmfreak

Filmfreak Registered

For me it's by far one of the worst years in recent memory to look forward to in terms of superhero movies. I don't know how the films are going to end up being but for now they all more or less look pretty bland to me.

It's a bit early to vote I'd say. I'm waiting for Marvel Studios to officially announce what comes out next year. I would personally bet on Black Widow and Doctor Strange 2, though I prefer Eternals if it's indeed what's coming in 2020. Also you left out Venom 2 and Bloodshot by Valiant Comics. McFarlane's Spawn could possibly come next year too.

3. Milk Tray Guy

Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

For me it's Wonder Woman 1984, easily. Not really bothered about the rest. Even my interest in Birds of Prey has faded as time's gone on. I hope when we get trailers I see something to rekindle my interest.

Dark Raven likes this.
  4. Speed Force

Speed Force Goober

Probably Eternals.
    • Kingsman 3: I love the first one and thought the second one was just alright
    • Bird of Prey: They can keep it. No interest at all
    • Black Widow: I'll be more excited when it gets closer and we get more information
    • Wonder Woman '84: Eh. Really like the first one, but can't say I'm too excited for the sequel as of now
    • Venom 2? Maybe
    • Morbious? No.
    • Bloodshot: Probably won't see it

5. psylockolussus

I wish we were getting The Flash instead of Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn).

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  6. DACrowe

DACrowe Registered

Wonder Woman 1984 is the only one I'm looking forward to.

But conceptually Eternals and Birds of Prey has my attention, so if the trailers look good and the reviews are positive, I could be convinced.

7. psylockolussus

I forgot about Venom 2, Obviously I will watch it but eh, it feels like a commitment as someone who watches every Marvel movie.

I have no idea what Bloodshot is.

8. Manasrepublic

Manasrepublic Registered

Morbius by far..because of Jared Hunka Leto... no one comes close in talent, drive, methodical prowess, good looks and strong personality to Miles Tellaar and Marlon Brandow as Jared Leto. His drive to become the Morbius will be exhilarating and set the stage for future comic book filmic adoptions. Now that his DCEU Joker is once again getting recognized and is gaining a large legion of fans again since many didn’t understand it the first time around, he will stun as Morbius. I hope to hear what method acting tricks he employed to hone abd inhabit the skills for the role

OutOfBoose likes this.
  9. OutOfBoose

OutOfBoose Russian Hacker

Harley and fantabulous feminism.

10. ludovica

ludovica Daddy Feige notice me!

Eternals, I feel it has the biggest probability to be something innovative and the most ambitious, hence also the biggest risk of disappointment, but that's life, innit?
    Really curious about Bloodshot, V2 and Morbius.

11. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight NCC-1701

Nothing at all, really, even the DCEU output, and I say that with a vey heavy sad heart.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  12. Deck Rickard

Deck Rickard Bright Lord

[​IMG]

Manasrepublic likes this.
  13. Another_Fool

Another_Fool Registered

I dunno guys, I thought people would've been pumped about a Black Widow movie. I feel like that has the chance to be as grounded and have action like Winter Soldier, and hence be very good. If you ask me I wanted that as the first female-led MCU movie before Captain Marvel.

That said I am looking forward Margot's Harley coming back and WW84 of course. Venom 2 could be a sleeper mega fun movie with Woody playing against Hardy. I don't know if it'll be a massive improvement over the 1st one but I suppose my only expectation is its an improvement in the way Expendables 2 was to the first.

I don't give a hoot about Eternals though. I need to see the trailers before I care, I guess.

14. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Eternals and WW84 are probably top of the list butmore so for who is making them rather than anything we have seen at this point. I seem to be one of the few looking forward to the Kingsman prequel, really enjoyed the first 2.

I had lots of fun with Venom so the sequel interests me, as does Morbius as I like the character. Bloodshot is kind of the dark horse I am curious about the moment.

Unfortunately with BOP the more I see the less I get interested.

15. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

Maybe Eternals.
    I don't know. None of these appeal to me that much. At least on paper

I know nothing of the Eternals so it has a blank slate to me so it has nowhere to go but up

16. -Arya-

-Arya- World’s Strangest Heroes

Wonder Woman ‘84

No interest in any of the others. It’ll be a very underwhelming year for CBMs overall.

Dark Raven likes this.
  17. Pennywise

Pennywise Registered

Wonder Woman 84
    Black Widow
    Kingsman: The Great Game
    Bloodshot

18. Speed Force

Speed Force Goober

Same. I wouldn't be surprised if I skip it
    Angelina actually got me pretty excited for it. Curious to see who will fill out the rest of the cast

AVEITWITHJAMON likes this.
  19. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight NCC-1701

In theory, I should be rooting heavily for BoP, but everything, especially the costume design puts me off, the casting, the approach to character, the set up, everything is not my cup of tea.

20. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Basically waiting for trailers since none of these are really exciting me right now.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  21. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

Birds of Prey...idk. The idea is cool. I'm sure it'll make a ton of money especially being in February with no major competition (Disney allegedly has a live action movie coming out the next week, but nothing else is being filmed other than Mulan I don't think and that has a set date in March) and the girl power theme will for sure be strong with this one. But it just doesn't excite me.

Even though I like Robbie a lot as an actress I'm not a fan of her portrayal of Harley. I also don't like making Harley a hero. I know they did it in the comics, but I'm not a fan.
    I actually like everyone cast.

But from Harley/Robbie, a very inexperienced director (this is her first feature), and the costume teaser that looked like it was continuing the Hot Topic: The Movie aestehtic that Suicide Squad had going on...no thank you to BoP at this moment

22. Speed Force

Speed Force Goober

I don't think it'll be a big improvement over Suicide Squad

23. psylockolussus

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) just seems random to me and there's also a "reboot" of the Suicide Squad movie coming up. I don't see the direction for those films.

24. DlAMONDZ

DlAMONDZ Registered

WW84. Venom 2 and BoP

Couldn't care less about the others

25. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Next year's slate is easily one of the least sexy just by appearances alone. I'd say Eternals and WW84 have the most interest/faith from me.

THORin likes this.