Most butchered character in a Marvel film??

CoolAsICE

Remember the Spider-Ham
Reaction score
After seeing Daredevil on FX today, I'm gonna have to go with Bullseye. Good God, that was a bad character.

Honorable mentions:
Sabretooth (possibly worse than Bullseye)
Elektra
Mystique
Doom

i would say rogue. they totally remade her, i dont mind it so much, i like the character they created, but she is not the comic version at all. elektras history was pretty messed up to.

DINO.

From what Doom is in the comics (one of all time's best villains) to the freaking reedeeculous he got on the silverscreen he has my vote.

Unbearable.

It was Doom's origin. He was Doom for like 45 minutes. FF was an origin film. We'll see the real Doom in part 2. Ever hear of character development?

Advanced Dark said:
It was Doom's origin. He was Doom for like 45 minutes. FF was an origin film. We'll see the real Doom in part 2. Ever hear of character development?

And character carelessness, and oversimplification?

Doom's origin, AD carissimo, has nawthing to do with that piece of junk.

He wasn't Doom. Not for 1 single minute in that summer flick. He was proudly DINO.

Mr Sensitive said:
And character carelessness, and oversimplification?

Doom's origin, AD carissimo, has nawthing to do with that piece of junk.

He wasn't Doom. Not for 1 single minute in that summer flick. He was proudly DINO.
Doom was bad....I'll give you that...in fact I hated him. He was NOT the worst though. Typhoid Mary in Elektra was nothing like the real Mary and a waste of a good character

ShadowBoxing said:
Typhoid Mary is Elektra

GOOD ONE!

Daredevil in the TRIAL OF THE INCREDIBLE HULK isn't TOTALLY butchered, but is done pretty weird...

I have a hard time not agreeing with most others about Doom. He is one of my favorite characters, hero or villian regardless, and that felt like a first class pooch screw.

I thought Collin was one of the few good things in DD, but yeah, his character was very different.

I'm torn on how I feel about it but how about Bruce Banner's father in Hulk? That is what I call a departure....gotta give it credit though. I didn't see that coming.

Doom. His character dissapointed me. Not the way I would have done one of the greatest villans of all time

There are lots of departures...but to me the most butchered goes to:

Dr. Doom
Typhoid Mary
Man-Thing

Doom. Didn't resemble the true version at all, character development or not. There was nothing there.

Storm was poorly translated to screen. It looks like we finally see the real Storm in X3.

I'd have to go with Doom. He was not the character I remembered seeing in the cartoons. One of the most important things for me in comic to silverscreen movies is origins. I enjoy it a lot more if the origins are done right. I thought Daredevil and Spiderman had great origins in the comics and the movies. Someone here said they thought Mistique wasn't very faithful to her comic counter part, but I thought she was done well. What was wrong with her?
And one character I dislike in the XMEn movies is Storm, her looks were okay, but her voice was so cute and not intimidating at all. She should've had a voice like the thunder. The 90's Storm voice was very good IMO. I hope they do Storm justice in the last\third* movie.

co2 said:
I thought Collin was one of the few good things in DD, but yeah, his character was very different.

I've got to wonder, how was he different? Well, he was Irish, and he didn't wear a mask.

That was pretty much it. He was still as sadistic and insane as awlays.

Doom, Typhoid/Elektra, Sabretooth, Bullseye, and........

Nick Fury. :eek:

Doom, Man-Thing, Thor (Ultimate Avengers DVD, and The Incredible Hulk Returns)

i dont really see storm as being butchered. they didnt change her story, they just didnt give her one lol

i think x3 will change this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"