Most butchered character in a Marvel film??

spark627 said:
i dont really see storm as being butchered. they didnt change her story, they just didnt give her one lol

i think x3 will change this

Well it seems she has had a different accent for each film so far, has done more flying in the X-jet than on her own, treated as a whiny damsel in distress most of the time, hardly has given off a Goddess-like presence like she should, and doesn't have much confidence in herself.

Singer wanted Storm to basically be sexy eye candy.

Elektra - :(
Storm - :( :(
Dr Doom - :( :( :(
Rogue - .......

Doom.

From Prince of Latveria to Donald Trump wannabe.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Storm was poorly translated to screen. It looks like we finally see the real Storm in X3.

But I bet she won't have an African accent again. But then, it would be a bad choice to give her an accent in X3 when she didn't have one in X2.

the vocal coach confirmed she will not have an accent, she will sound like she did in x2

Wolverine. Jackman doesn't play him gruff enough to me. And Spider-Man in personality only.

Singer sucks. He did so terrible with Storm, he only had her in the movie because he had to. She'll get the credit she deserves in X3.

But back to the question........No one has been more butchered then

RED SKULL!

Captain America sucked in that film too.

Magneto. It's the virility of the actor, Ian McKellan himself. It's just all wrong. ((shivers))

Honey Vibe said:
Magneto. It's the virility of the actor, Ian McKellan himself. It's just all wrong. ((shivers))

And the award for most unintelligent and prejudiced comment of the last ten years goes to...

Typhoid Mary easy...may not be the most famous but she makes these other guys look like direct celluloid translations...I would not have a problem with her if they didn't call her Typhoid Mary. Just...wow. How can you possibly f**k up that bad unless you were trying? It's like the entire crew hated Daredevil and everything Daredevil related.

I thought Doom as a character was fine despite the lack of Latveria. It'll all come in due time. He's still an arrogant megalomaniac with a strong hatred for Reed.

Elektra was fine but the actress could have been better.

Bullseye was friggin perfect. Don't know why he was even mentioned.

Nick Fury was also perfect. It's just the movie itself that sucked and people can't get beyond the fact that David Hasselhoff played him. Guy did a damn great job with what he had. Perfect. I'd like to hear some constructive criticism on this one.

Captain America was alright. It was the movie that sucked.

Red Skull besides being Italian seemed pretty accurate.

Storm...well...yeah...She's just...there. She has had very little development. She's just another mutant teacher at the school...This I can understand...She's still managed to keep that "motherliness" though for lack of a better term at the moment. Also very commanding when need be like when the two jet fighters were on her tail and when Toad pissed her off...Still not a fan of the deer in the headlights aspect of the character though...

Rogue. Wow. I understand she's just starting and all but jesus...wow what a departure...But it makes sense so it can be forgiven. I attribute most of her personality in the comics to absorbing Ms. Marvel anyway.

Sabretooth...Now this pissed me off. Since when is Sabretooth the quiet type?! There were glimpses at his personality but there shouldn't have to be glimpses. He should be a boastful jackass! A jerk eager to shed some blood! He should be scary on all levels. Not just physicaly.

Lady Deathstrike...didn't hear enough about her to judge. Only observable difference really was that she was made a mutant instead of a cyborg.

My main gripe is with Typhoid though. I miss anybody else mentioned?

im gonna say cyclops. I love cyke and in the comics he is pretty much number two in the mutant world behind professor x. when crap hits the fan and you cant find prof x, cyclops is the guy you go to.

But in the first two he is a chump. Does nothing but set up jokes for logan and gets slapped down by deathstroke in the second. Then cries for twenty minutes. He better step up to the plate in the third but i dont think its going to happen.

Also Reed Richards in FF was as dumb as doornail. You could make a whole movie out of the crazy inventions reed has in the baxter building but instead the freaking room was virtually empty.

And while were on the subject how come sue was younger than Johnny?

Cyclops wasn't butchered just shafted in terms of screentime. His character was pretty spot on just not much time of it.

dmor173 said:
im gonna say cyclops. I love cyke and in the comics he is pretty much number two in the mutant world behind professor x. when crap hits the fan and you cant find prof x, cyclops is the guy you go to.

But in the first two he is a chump. Does nothing but set up jokes for logan and gets slapped down by deathstroke in the second. Then cries for twenty minutes. He better step up to the plate in the third but i dont think its going to happen.

Also Reed Richards in FF was as dumb as doornail. You could make a whole movie out of the crazy inventions reed has in the baxter building but instead the freaking room was virtually empty.

And while were on the subject how come sue was younger than Johnny?

They never even implied that Sue is younger, do you even watch the movie before picking on it.

toad was completely re-invented but i felt it was a positive decision and gave him more oomph (although i don't believe he was british anymore)

hmmm, this is tight decision but may have to go with sissy boy doc ock, him being 'controlled/influenced' by his tentacles just puts me off so much

Yeah, Toad was british. I'd put him under improvements along with Blade and Deacon Frost.

Which reminds me. Hannibal King. As cool as he was...nnno....Just...no.

Bullseye shouldn't count because his character wasn't given backstory in the film, so on the surface, he was pretty close. Yeah, Colin went the insane route, but it doesn't matter.

ULTIMATE THOR was butchered? I take it you haven't read THE ULTIMATES COMICS...

skorponok said:
Bullseye shouldn't count because his character wasn't given backstory in the film, so on the surface, he was pretty close. Yeah, Colin went the insane route, but it doesn't matter.

And really, Bullseye is pretty damn crazy anyway. Bullseye was perfect in the film. The only real difference was that he didn't have the costume and he was Irish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"