Most butchered character in a Marvel film??

The Question said:
Willie Lumpkin was the best part of that movie. Well, him plus Ben and Johnny. Those three kicked ass. The rest? Not so much.
I thought Reed was pretty spot on for an origin movie. Sue was just alright but they could have done so much better. Alba just wasn't good enough, as hard as she tried...Besides, I loved the moment when Mr. Fantastic owned The Thing. :D

No one has mentioned Mary Jane?

I enjoyed the movies, but that's not Mary Jane, at least not how she was originally portrayed in Spider-Man. That was/is Gwen Stacy. I wonder why they have Gwen in the new movie, seeing as how she's already there. I can see why they changed Mary Jane for the movies, though. She probably would have come across as a shallow ***** if they hadn't.

CoolAsICE said:
After seeing Daredevil on FX today, I'm gonna have to go with Bullseye. Good God, that was a bad character.

Honorable mentions:
Sabretooth (possibly worse than Bullseye)
Elektra
Mystique
Doom

Has to be

for me i would say it was Ice Man...
i mean WTF! we want Ice Man! He would be one of the coolest characters if they could just give us an "iced" up Ice Man in X3 with ice slides and all...

Yeah. He certainly is one of the "coolest characters". No doubt about it.

Gotta say Doom, first and foremost. But I seen that coming after the first character photo's were released and everyone only looked slightly better than the corman version.

2nd is Hensleighs Alcoholic suicidal Punisher, hate to admit it but Dolph was alot closer to the Punishers personality, Jane came across as too moapy, "tear in my beer" type. The Punisher doesn't friggin drink like that, he'd be useless...

Well in the beginning he did. He stopped by the middle of the movie (if that)...It was shown when he was thinking about everything and he dropped the glass. He started fixing up his house and armoring up his car and being more methodical. For me, that was the true birth of the Punisher in the movie, not at the beach when he found his shirt...I actually thought they made these things clear as day with the glass dropping and him deciding not to kill himself at the end...It's an origin movie and I thought they did a great job with it.

This is also why I can't wait for the sequel. Think the climax of the movie 10 fold. Just an unfeeling killing machine. He has a job and he's setting out to do it.

Sardaukar said:
No one has mentioned Mary Jane?

I enjoyed the movies, but that's not Mary Jane, at least not how she was originally portrayed in Spider-Man. That was/is Gwen Stacy. I wonder why they have Gwen in the new movie, seeing as how she's already there. I can see why they changed Mary Jane for the movies, though. She probably would have come across as a shallow ***** if they hadn't.
I don't like her visually...but really there is not much wrong with her character

Zaed said:
for me i would say it was Ice Man...
i mean WTF! we want Ice Man! He would be one of the coolest characters if they could just give us an "iced" up Ice Man in X3 with ice slides and all...

How was he butchered? Sure, he didn't have the iced up look. But he was otherwise the same as a character.

The Question said:
How was he butchered? Sure, he didn't have the iced up look. But he was otherwise the same as a character.

Exactly.

I'm goin with Sabretooth. He has wonderful lines like grrr, looks like some hick with bad eyebrows, disappears at the end of the first movie and never comes back. I hope THAT version of him never does. I nearly vomited after seeing him. Elektra and Bullseye combined were not even that bad considering they had some sort of substance (no matter how shallow) to their characters.

The Question said:

That is not Iceman, Pyro was more Iceman.

Darthphere said:
Dont try to play it off now.:o :down

All right. I give it up. It was a joke.

But the trouble with you not laughing at it is that mask of yours.

dmor173 said:
Also Reed Richards in FF was as dumb as doornail. You could make a whole movie out of the crazy inventions reed has in the baxter building but instead the freaking room was virtually empty.

and how many crazy inventions did Reed have in FF#1????

Victor Creed said:

So, just because he didn't look exactly as he does in the comics, he was completely butchered?

deemar325 said:
That is not Iceman, Pyro was more Iceman.

Pyro acted nothing like Ice-Man.

:thing: Doom(all Wrong), Alecia Masters(Kirby Drew Her White And Did Not Hang Out At Bars), Sue Storm(not A Bimbo), Daredevil(but Liked Costume), Bullseye(all Wrong), Electra(hated Costume) Hulk(origin And Story Sucked(liked Actors And Cgi ). Everyone Else In Marvel Movies Worked For Me In An "alternate Universe To The Comics Kind Of Way"

The Question said:
So, just because he didn't look exactly as he does in the comics, he was completely butchered?

No I was actually agreeing with you on that post Question, lol.

First, the only character who has been uberly messed up I would have to say is Typhoid Mary in Elektra though I friggin love that movie. Marvel has released several quotes by saying, they are changing some of the characters. Rogue is different in the movie, but let's consider all Marvel movies to be BASED on the comics, not the comics on movie form. Rogue is always and will be my fave character, but I like what they did with her. Doom is being developed, and will be back for the sequal. You have to give them credit though, they are doing awesome so far.

Doom was DINO. That's what he was.

"Development" comes when something has a solid basis: they are still to get hold of the real Doom to start talking about development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"