Most butchered character in a Marvel film??

Mr Sensitive said:
Doom was DINO. That's what he was.

"Development" comes when something has a solid basis: they are still to get hold of the real Doom to start talking about development.
i thought DINO was DAREDEVIL not vicious vic

The Question said:
So, just because he didn't look exactly as he does in the comics, he was completely butchered?

Pyro acted nothing like Ice-Man.

I meant in the sense that Pyro was fleshed out and had more humor and cockiness to him. Which Iceman should have.:up:

deemar325 said:
I meant in the sense that Pyro was fleshed out and had more humor and cockiness to him. Witch Iceman should have.:up:
...hmm. I agree. Iceman was supposed to be the class clown but they made him Cyclops Junior.

I didn't see a problem with Bobby. He just seemed like a normal teenager.

Yeah, he was, and I didn't really have a problem with him since I don't care for the character really. But I can sympathize with those that do since Iceman usually can't keep his mouth shut and in the movie he's all "umm, Hi. I'm Bobby Drake."...Although I did like the bit of humor with "I see the way you look at Ms. Grey." "...Excuse me?" "Nothing."

Yeah, I kind of notice that. He seemed to have adult Bobby's personality rather than teenage Bobby.

Rogue was great. She wasn't butchered, she was "re-imagined"

Ronny Shade said:
Rogue was great. She wasn't butchered, she was "re-imagined"
"Re-imagined".

We gotta learn to stop throwing that word around.:p It's gonna bite us in the ass one day.

Storm in X-Men - criminally under-used and horrible dialogue.

terry78 said:
"Re-imagined".

We gotta learn to stop throwing that word around.:p It's gonna bite us in the ass one day.

lol!

Counting in the Marvel Age (counting Blade, or X-Men and on) I'd have to say Dr. Doom.

Honoarable mentions go to Typhoid Mary and if we want to get technical, Blade (though for the better).

Oh well.

What big departures (besides costume) is there in Bullseye? Mystique may not speak much in the films but in X2 she was VERY Mystiqueish.

Whatever though.

terry78 said:
"Re-imagined".

lmao.

That's really true.

deemar325 said:
I meant in the sense that Pyro was fleshed out and had more humor and cockiness to him. Which Iceman should have.:up:

There's no question that movieverse Iceman is lacking a sense of humor. But that's not his only characteristic. Anyone who thinks that he's just "the class clown" is obviously not basing that opinion off of comic canon. Read Giant-Size X-Men #1 and tell me you don't see the angry, more serious side of Bobby Drake. Look at the icy (pardon the pun) attitude he has towards Wolverine in the movies and compare it to how he received his new teammates in Giant-Sized. Read any Adjectiveless/Uncanny issue he was in from the last decade or so and tell me how happy-go-lucky he's been.

Am I saying the film adaption was great? No. Was he butchered? I don't believe so.

Sun_Down said:
There's no question that movieverse Iceman is lacking a sense of humor. But that's not his only characteristic. Anyone who thinks that he's just "the class clown" is obviously not basing that opinion off of comic canon. Read Giant-Size X-Men #1 and tell me you don't see the angry, more serious side of Bobby Drake. Look at the icy (pardon the pun) attitude he has towards Wolverine in the movies and compare it to how he received his new teammates in Giant-Sized. Read any Adjectiveless/Uncanny issue he was in from the last decade or so and tell me how happy-go-lucky he's been.

Am I saying the film adaption was great? No. Was he butchered? I don't believe so.

:up:

Cyclops, and it isn't even close. Singer's view of Cyke as a metrosexual ***** with a car fetish, and a guilty pleasure of listening to N'Sync is a hell of a long way removed from the comics.

Eh, it's not that far off for me...The guy's whipped. He's always been whipped, even in the comics. He does whatever pleases Jean and has crazy self esteem issues when it doesn't come to battle...Wouldn't call him a ***** though. Even in the movie. Never saw any sign of that. When he's threatened, he immediately fires back. He doesn't run away.

CoolAsICE said:
After seeing Daredevil on FX today, I'm gonna have to go with Bullseye. Good God, that was a bad character.

Honorable mentions:
Sabretooth (possibly worse than Bullseye)
Elektra
Mystique
Doom
Depends on your definition of "butchered"; if you mean "radically changed", I'd actually say Blade. If you mean most badly portrayed, Captain America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"