Most disappointing comic-book movie

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by CJ, Mar 4, 2013.

?

Biggest disappointment?

1. Fantastic Four

2. HULK

3. X3: The Last Stand

4. Spider-Man 3

5. The Dark Knight Rises

6. Batman and Robin

7. Captain America: The First Avenger

8. Iron Man 2

9. Green Lantern

10. Superman Returns

11. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kedrell

kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

Perhaps the OP should've put all the major superhero movies up on the poll since I guarantee every one of them has detractors.

2. kedrell

I can agree with that.

3. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

Iron-Man 2; it boils down to Tony's dilema being handwaved, little time for Whiplash, and the seeds for the Avengers stuff.

4. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but how ****ed up can S.H.I.E.L.D. be when they wait that long after Natasha got her job to help out Tony? Lol.

5. kedrell

They're not his nanny. Fury always has his own agenda.

6. Anno_Domini

They were his nanny when they sent Natasha out to scope him as she just stood by until he actually wrecked his own place.

7. BlueLightning

BlueLightning Caballero de la Luz

You know, I forgot Green Lantern. In my mind, that film was going to inaugurate the DC Cinematic Universe. And I forgot it, that has to say something about it.

8. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

Hulk.Hands down.He's my favorite character,and apart from a 20 minute action scene,the film was sleep inducing.

Superman Returns was a somewhat noble attempt,but it failed miserably.

I was kinda disappointed by TASM,but the rest of those films I like to different extents.

9. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Easily, easily X3 for me, yes Bryan Singer was gone and we had a much less talented director in his place, X2 set up the story so perfectly I thought it was incredibly hard to mess up, but I under-estimated Fox and Ratner.

This was a very easy choice for me as that film should have been amazing. The rest, I at least enjoyed aspects of them, and in the case of Captain America, Superman Returns, Hulk, Spiderman 3 and The Dark Knight Rises I actually enjoyed and still enjoy them to this day.

10. Thundercrack85

Thundercrack85 Well-Known Member

Wow that's a tough one. I'd say Iron Man 2. Because Iron Man was awesome. They could have done so much with it.

Not to say I hate Iron Man 2. I actually found some of the new characters pretty fun (the villains basically), but forcing in all the Avengers stuff, terrible pacing, and a lackluster plot really made the movie disappointing.

11. Double B

Double B Well-Known Member

Spiderman 3 and X-Men: The Last Stand.

*wallows*

12. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Spider-Man 3.

All the same cast and director back, and it was such a massive letdown.

13. Anno_Domini

The ironic thing is that people, up until then, believed that these third films fail only when there's a director change or a cast shake up...now we are aware of how studios can be.

14. StarLord

StarLord Laughing

I have to say Green Lantern.

How the hell did that get released? Didn't they screen it for execs to see first?

15. Bim

Bim Well-Known Member

I dunno, i guess i just expected him to blow me away, but he didnt. Maybe it's my own fault for expecting him to be something along the lines of Heath's Joker, in terms of impressing and wowing me. Not to mention that his death i felt was kinda lame lol. Some elements i'm happy with, but overall i just felt very letdown by the film. I wanted to love that movie so much, i was excited and looking forward to it :csad:

16. Anno_Domini

That's where you're going to fail always if you expect a performance to be exactly like another. It would be as if I expected Thomas Haden Church's Flint Marko to feel like Alfred Molina's Doc Ock.

17. Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

The only way I can see someone being disappointed with Captain America is if they WANTED to see a bad movie, then got an awesome one instead.

18. afan

afan Well-Known Member

Superman Returns........hands down! Whether purposefully or just from ignorance it displayed a total misconception of the characters.....had a bad vibe from the first photo of the suit, that was further reinforced by the "kid" info.........but still it was Superman, and hence got sucked into the midnite reveal......boy was I pissed!

Just to mention got the same vibe for Man of Steel, and that started with the first suit photo also.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  19. Lazarus87

Lazarus87 Member

Ironman

20. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

fascinating question. Immediately films like Ghost Rider and Elektra come to mind, but then I start to think, most disappointing. as if I expected something better from them. In that regard I'd have to say Green Lantern or Spider-Man 3.

21. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

Im very surprised Daredevil isn't on this list, though personally I enjoyed the DC.

22. Midnyte_Sun

Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

Ghost Rider tops my list. That movie had so much potential, but Sony destroyed that movie in so many ways (PG 13, horrible script, blown budget)

People don't realize that nobody cared about Iron Man or Blade until their respective directors made them into successful franchises. Ghost Rider had that potential, but it's lost. In fact, it is so lost, Marvel Comics hasn't even used Ghost Rider in a comic in a almost half a year.

23. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

I had to say Green Lantern. To be clear, it wasn't the worst of the bunch on that poll, and I certainly didn't get any inflated expectations from any of the trailers - it seemed fairly obvious that it would suck from the very first footage to me. But it was still the most disappointing because I feel like GL is such a high concept that it really only had one shot of ever taking off. With that movie, it got its shot at the A-list, big-budget Hollywood treatment - likely the best shot it would ever get - and they completely blew it. Which is tragic to me, because more than almost any of the "top tier" heroes, I feel like GL had the most potential to create a truly epic universe. I mean, GL stories literally span the whole universe. That franchise could have been the Star Wars of CBMs, dammit. So its creative and financial failure represents to me not just some bad installment in a still successful franchise (like Spidey 3 or X3) or a speed bump in getting a well-known marquee character off the ground (like Hulk and SR), but the almost certain, premature death of a potentially amazing franchise before it ever got started. So, unlike the other disappointments in the poll (a couple of which I don't consider disappointments at all), I don't feel we were simply robbed of a great movie with Green Lantern - I feel we were robbed of several great movies.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  24. Bowie

Bowie Well-Known Member

I think the Amazing Spider-Man and the Dark Knight Rises are excellent films.

Superman Returns, however, was an abomination.

25. The Sarge

The Sarge Greatest DP ever

This.
    And I feel the biggest crime that movie committed, was doing almost NOTHING new. At the end of the day they gave us a ****tier version of the first movie with better effects. The only new additions, like his kid, or his trip to Krypton, were of little note. Green Lantern, Hulk and Spider-man 3 were disappointments as well, but at least they were trying new things.