Most disappointing comic-book movie

Yah...a poll with only twenty or so votes makes me know that it's on par with Spider-Man 3 :lmao:

I needed a good laugh bud, thanks.

Or you could own up to the fact that TDKR was on par with SM3 as the poll indicates.:hehe:

I don't think Anno and I are laughing at the poll numbers for the same reason :cwink:

Green Lantern for me.

The trailer actually had me excited.

I don't think Anno and I are laughing at the poll numbers for the same reason :cwink:

Yeah. I'm laughing because I find a film to be given more praise than anything else to be considered "disappointing" and tying with Spider-Man 3 on this poll while you deem it to be disappointing and laughing because it's almost tied with Spider-Man 3 on this poll.

Correct?

Yeah. I'm laughing because I find a film to be given more praise than anything else to be considered "disappointing" and tying with Spider-Man 3 on this poll while you deem it to be disappointing and laughing because it's almost tied with Spider-Man 3 on this poll.

Correct?

Yeah, but I don't really care. You're so freakin' passionate about TDKR I just like poking fun, you always take it like a champ and we've had some great little back-and-forths in the past. If you were an angry type of poster who couldn't take a joke, I'd never say a word. But I enjoy our wit-battles because you take them with the humor in which they're intended. :woot:

Yeah, but I don't really care. You're so freakin' passionate about TDKR I just like poking fun, you always take it like a champ and we've had some great little back-and-forths in the past. If you were an angry type of poster who couldn't take a joke, I'd never say a word. But I enjoy our wit-battles because you take them with the humor in which they're intended. :woot:

Well I try not to be an angry type of poster. That only happens if the other poster ends up being a *****e, but you're not so the back and forths are fun.

And hey, I have to be passionate over my favorite CBM, haha.

I'm glad to see DKR so high on this list. I would also throw Watchmen on here along with the Sin City sequel that's probably never going to happen.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/superhero-movie-podcast/id610032358

Listen to the Superhero Movie Podcast on ITunes and join in on the conversation!

You mean the Sin City sequel that's going to be released in October? That one that's probably never going to happen? :funny:

Other: The Amazing Spider-Man

Really wanted to like it. Thought I did at first but after thinking about it more....Nope. :csad:

Yah...definitely the last two Spider-Man films for sure. I'm really leaning on saying IM3 as well. While it's better than IM2, the first IM is in a much different league than its two sequels.

Man, that's a bummer. Had Ghost Rider toys as a kid and always thought it was a cool character. Feel bad for you guys that waited your entire lives for it and then Sony just took a giant dump on the character. :csad:

The worst part, is knowing that Sony could have made a great movie if they just tried, God dammit. They nailed Spider-Man so it shows they know how to make a great comic book movie.

Watchmen. It felt soulless to me, like a kid with a big budget dragging us frame for frame through his favorite comic book vs. the actual artistic touch it deserved.

TDKR was a major disappointment to me. It was filled with so many flaws and the whole story was a complete mess. You'd think that 4 years would be enough time to think of a what makes a movie amazing.. Obviously not.
I also hate the way people say that it was "impossible to make it better than TDK" but that's BS.
After TDK I was really excited for TDKR but after finally seeing it, man, I nearly cried with how cringy and bad it was.
I'm glad Nolan is finished with Batman now.
So yeah, for me TDKR is the most disappointing movie.

TDKR was a major disappointment to me. It was filled with so many flaws and the whole story was a complete mess. You'd think that 4 years would be enough time to think of a what makes a movie amazing.. Obviously not.
I also hate the way people say that it was "impossible to make it better than TDK" but that's BS.
After TDK I was really excited for TDKR but after finally seeing it, man, I nearly cried with how cringy and bad it was.
I'm glad Nolan is finished with Batman now.
So yeah, for me TDKR is the most disappointing movie.

And then people looked at noeld932's avatar....:funny:

Lets see:

Fantastic Four: Didn't have much interest in. Saw it on DVD, thought it was meh, expected meh.

HULK: Watched this some time after its release and was well aware of its legacy. Honestly I expected worse. A mess, sure, but one of the few true "artistic" messes I've seen at this budget. There's some great stuff in there amongst some baffling choices. I'd rather see this than most run-of-the-mill studio hack-jobs.

X3: The Last Stand: I actually enjoyed this the first time around. I got caught up in the immediate thrills and my opinion only started to sour later.

Spider-Man 3: Loved it then, love it now.

The Dark Knight Rises: Was thoroughly underwhelmed by this. I actually saw it 4 times in the cinema, liking it a little more each time, but there was still something really off-putting about this film.

Batman and Robin: Saw it when I was like 8 so I'm sure I loved it.

Captain America: The First Avenger: Had no expectations going in but I thought it was pretty good. Certainly a step up from Thor.

Iron Man 2: I was pretty happy with this. It had the same third act issues as the first and some new ones thrown in, but despite its flaws I still find this film very entertaining. The cast work so well together that they gloos over the meandering plot.

Green Lantern: Looked awful so I've never bothered.

Superman Returns: Never been too keen on Superman so I've never checked this out either. Maybe some day.

Guess it's TDKR then. I was disappointed in plotting and characterisation of Bats. It kind of soured the series for me. I used to love TDK but I've not watched it since the sequel. Makes it a pretty clear winner tbh

Non-MCU: Spider-Man 3 or Wolverine 3: The Last Stand

MCU: Iron Man 3

DC: The Dark Knight Rises

Coincidentally, the above are all threequels.

Dishonorable mention: Ghost Rider or FF: ROTSS (Just because of how bad those movies fu**ed up Blackheart and Galactus!)

X-Men 3
Spider-Man 3
Superman Returns
Ghost Rider
Fantastic Four
Green Lantern

Those last two are real kickers. While the sequels may be more of a letdown due to the previous films being good/great (Well, I never liked Spider-Man 2 all that much, but 3 looked like it would have been epic) the potential I felt for the last two on my list was so great, I couldn't believe how lame they both were.

Fantastic Four looked to be a wonderfully fun comic book film. I liked the cast (Sans Alba) and the trailer sold me. I actually thought to myself after I first saw the trailer for FF4: "That could be the best superhero movie ever." It makes me laugh thinking I thought that back then, but it just looked like they got it right. What we did get was a boring, corny, family sitcom with some mildly fun action here and there. The Thing was well cast, The Human Torch was well cast, and so was Mr. Fantastic. Doctor Doom just SUCKED. Not because of his remixed origins, but because the performance was lame and the film didn't give him enough to do. Shoddy, cheesy and boring.

I adore Green Lantern. I always took to him for some reason. Much of the earlier comics aren't all that great but I love him in the League and I love the recent Johns run and the New 52 stuff. I was right there with the film from day one. The talent involved did nothing but assure me the film would be good. Martin Campbell, the guy who revived Bond twice? Hell yes! Geoff Johns, the man who single-handedly brought Green Lantern back into the A-game? Hell yes! Ryan Reynolds ( know people hate him, but I think and still do he could be a great Hal Jordan)? Hell yes! Mark Strong as Sinestro? Hell yes!
I defended the look of the suite, the CGI...everything. The trailers really made it look like it would be an epic. A space faring adventure.
Nope, what we got was a main character who was a poor mans Tony Stark, rushed characterizations all around, an origin story too jam packed with events, and lazy action. There were seeds of a good film in there somewhere, they just didn't spend the time expanding on ANY of the good idea's they had.

Fantastic Four was a rotten egg, but there were a lot of warning signs in the years of development leading to release. And as much as I hated it, I had to admit the fact that kids under 10 in my circle of family & friends universally loved it. And in the end, it even got a sequel with the same cast and even introduced the Silver Surfer to the big screen, which is damn significant, regardless of the film overall.

FF franchise is depressing, but GL is a tragedy. This franchise is dead. Justice League has no release date. WW and Flash are dead in the water as far as I know. MOS will be huge, but there are a lot of other cool projects that could've already been rolling along by now. GL's failure is like the inverse of Iron Man's success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"