• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Most disappointing movie of 2012? (so far)

Hammer!

Sidekick
Reaction score
The summer movie season is winding down with most of the major blockbusters already released. What film has been the most disappointing to you so far?

For me it's a dead heat between Spider-man and Prometheus. Spidey at least entertained me, but to me Prometheus was a pointless, meandering mess. IMO the most disappointing film since The Phantom Menace.

Even though I generally liked it, I had to vote Prometheus, too. Largely because my expectations were just so damn high.

I know I'm in the minority but The Hunger Games.

I know I'm in the minority but The Hunger Games.

Shoot, I forgot to include that in the poll. I suspect it might receive other votes than yours as well. Can I edit the poll or is it to late lol

Yeah, I'll go with Hunger Games too. Like a poor man's Battle Royale.

Hunger Games. I loved the book but the movie was just Meh.

Yeah Hunger Games is another good one. I loved the book. But for some reason the movie just didn't hit home with me

Unfortunately the Hunger Games was more like Twilight than Harry Potter. Still enjoyed it, but if the sequel doesn't improve on the series I might lose total interest in the finale.

For those that read the book, was Peeta portrayed the same way as in the film. He came off as such a creep lol

snow white and the huntsman for me. the concept was not executed at all as I had hoped.

Yeah, that was pretty bad too.

just from a screenwriter point of view, man was that movie a mess. the visuals were cool, even if they weren't given adequate context by the story.

Why is Battleship on this list? For it to be considered a disappointment, someone would have to actually think it will be GOOD before seeing it.

Anyway, my vote goes The Dark Knight Rises. :down:

Prometheus. Very disappointing.

The Amazing Spider-Man was an amazing letdown.

I thought the same thing about Battleship and being considered "disappointing" as you did CJ. But I felt compelled to include it after a small quarrel on the subject in the Prometheus thread.

I thought the same thing about Battleship and being considered "disappointing" as you did CJ. But I felt compelled to include it after a small quarrel on the subject in the Prometheus thread.
So you did make this thread just to find personal validation just like CConn had surmised?

So you did make this thread just to find personal validation just like CConn had surmised?

lol not really. Actually to be honest I was considering putting this up after my disappointment with TDKR but I held off on it for sometime. The topic came back to me after tonight and my thoughts that it was pretty much a consensus that people considered Prometheus to be the most disappointing of the year, but now I'm seeing how that's not necessarily the case. Seeing how a couple heavily defended my findings inspired me to see what others felt on the matter. I really couldn't care less about CConn or finding "personal validation".

I thought this topic could bring up some interesting discussion.

The Hunger Games.

I really enjoyed it at first but upon my second viewing... eh.

The one I am most personally disappointed in is Prometheus.

The movie that had the most hype and failed to live up to it.....Dark Knight Rises.

Neither of them are bad movies, but Prometheus just looked so cool from all the trailers and all the leadup, and it ended with a thud.

For Dark Knight Rises, I doubt any movie could have lived up to the hype built up for that film. People were talking oscars and such, and while I had a great time at the opening midnight premier, the movie is really somewhat of a mess on subsequent viewings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"