Comics Most underrated X-Men characters?

Do you guys even know what underrated means? It means people under cut or unappreciated for their role I feel loke the general consensus of Cyclops is that he's a glorified boys scout but IMO hes much more than that. I think many are missing the point of the thread.

Do you guys even know what underrated means? It means people under cut or unappreciated for their role I feel loke the general consensus of Cyclops is that he's a glorified boys scout but IMO hes much more than that. I think many are missing the point of the thread.
Do you? Cyclops has gotten quite a bit of respect and support especially in the last year. He's long past outlived his "glorified boy scout" image and has been acknowledged for the bad ass that he's been portrayed as since Morrison wrote for him back in 2001. I don't think most people reading the books still view him as he was portrayed in the 90s, especially on these forums. The guy is a heavy contender and and has been the face of the entire line for the past 5 or so years. He's been viewed as very dark and more cutthroat than ever before. He may have been underrated in the 90s, but he got a MAJOR push, one which made people take notice of him and see him for the strong strategist and leader that he is as he was written more capable with more responsibilities on his shoulders than ever before. I honestly cant see how anyone can say Cyclops of today is underrated.

Do you? Cyclops has gotten quite a bit of respect and support especially in the last year. He's long past outlived his "glorified boy scout" image and has been acknowledged for the bad ass that he's been portrayed as since Morrison wrote for him back in 2001. I don't think most people reading the books still view him as he was portrayed in the 90s, especially on these forums. The guy is a heavy contender and and has been the face of the entire line for the past 5 or so years. He's been viewed as very dark and more cutthroat than ever before. He may have been underrated in the 90s, but he got a MAJOR push, one which made people take notice of him and see him for the strong strategist and leader that he is as he was written more capable with more responsibilities on his shoulders than ever before. I honestly cant see how anyone can say Cyclops of today is underrated.
I agree with everything you just said but that's just now I'm referring more to a general consensus of the character before morrison and whedon made him"dark.." Before he was made to be who he is now I thought his character had merit that was unappreciated and thats what I mean. I liked Cyc before even in the nineties! Lol

Last edited:
Underrated? I can tell you what characters need to see more action... The Dazzler, Iceman and Cyclops (even though he's supposed to be the leader, he needs more action)

All this "Cyclops = Underrated" talk is silly. And that's just my opinion. Y'all have yours.

Underrated in my book?

Marrow, Cecilia Reyes - these two characters are so deep, and held their own in a major X-Men book with not a single other X-Man around other than Iceman (also underrated) during a major crossover. Then they pretty much disappeared into obscurity.

Anole, Pixie, Elixir, Surge, Dust, Rockslide - during an age where there were "no more mutants", these kids kicked ass, and were put through the freaking ringer a million times more with larger repercussions than the actual X-Men had. But now that mutants are popping up again, we get **** like Shark Girl and Eye Boy to be major characters, where we're lucky to see Anole or Rockslide in a single panel in an issue of WatXM.

Psylocke - talk about a sad story. Introduced. Body-swiped. Ninja abilities. Kick ass for a couple years only to be wounded and off the grid for most of the 90's (hell, wasn't even in Age of Apocalypse) then killed in the 2nd issue of X-Treme. She missed out on Grant Morrisons fantastic run, was still dead for Joss Whedon's, and was not a major player in Messiah Complex, Second Coming, or Schism. Plus she was literally exiled to Exiles for awhile. Thank god for Remenders Uncanny X-Force. But now that that's over...

Havok and Polaris - lost in space for almost a decade. Thank god they're back, and X-Factor is a fantastic title, but it's hardly a major book or continuity. They weren't a part of Avengers vs X-Men at all, and have not been a part of this major Cyclops vs Wolverine "good" X-Men vs "bad" X-Men thing thats going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"