Move Over "Gen X" - It's the All-New, All-Different Millennials

Honestly, I feel like a good deal of what that was talking about has more to do with the place of employment being an advertising agency. That's a world that has always been filled with a lot of young, self centered, entitled would be up-and-comings who are selfish and looked down upon by the olde vets. This is hardly anything new.

So when does Gen X begin, & End? This whole generation thing gets me confused. Are the people born in the 60's, & 70's of the same generation? & the people born in the 80's & 90's, & so on...

What i defined as Generation X stands,your just confused because of one thing.Sometimes people can't decide when a generation ends,this is a "cusp" people born in certain years can call themselfs one generation or another or their own small generation.

This has happened with the World War 2 Genration and the Baby Boomers.Those who were too young to fight in World War 2 can sometimes be called baby boomers,because everyone agrees that the boom started in 1946,the year when American soilders becan to go home.But what about children born in 1945 or before?Where do they go?

That's what i mean,people who are inbetween generations.The second cusp happens in the baby boom.American birth rates show the bomb declining in 1957,raw facts say this year was the last year of the boom.Yet there were children born afterword,these children came before Generation X of the 1970's,children of the baby boomers.

Inbetween,it's complicated because some sites can say these years are this generation..and other sites could say those same years are of another generation.

What i defined as Generation X stands,your just confused because of one thing.Sometimes people can't decide when a generation ends,this is a "cusp" people born in certain years can call themselfs one generation or another or their own small generation.

This has happened with the World War 2 Genration and the Baby Boomers.Those who were too young to fight in World War 2 can sometimes be called baby boomers,because everyone agrees that the boom started in 1946,the year when American soilders becan to go home.But what about children born in 1945 or before?Where do they go?

That's what i mean,people who are inbetween generations.The second cusp happens in the baby boom.American birth rates show the bomb declining in 1957,raw facts say this year was the last year of the boom.Yet there were children born afterword,these children came before Generation X of the 1970's,children of the baby boomers.

Inbetween,it's complicated because some sites can say these years are this generation..and other sites could say those same years are of another generation.

The thing that confuses me as well is, it seems the MTV Gen, & Gen X are one in the same. I was born in '78. So I consider myself of the MTV Gen, & Gen X.

What i defined as Generation X stands...

Your initial post cited no sources and was based on "this is what I heard", and we all know how reliable your "this is what I heard" posts tend to be. How about posting a source that lists the different labels by generations instead.

Like this one.

Edit: Formatting was horrible on my previous cut and paste and too much of a pain to fix, so I removed it. Just click the link.

jag

oh-so-I'm BOOMERANG.

The Boomerang generation are young people who are going into the workforce now,but with all of the bad news with jobs in America today..they go right back home after college.Hence the term "boomerang".In some cases,they have no choice..others they want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"