Movie Sequel Villain Poll?

Supernature

Civilian
Reaction score
Curious to see where most fans would like to see the story go?

I voted Circe, but I wonder if having had Enchantress already undercuts her appearance. Enchantress tried to end/remake the world. How do you up that in the sorceress department?

I'd like to see JLA: A League Of One adapted for a movie, probably not the sequel but maybe WW3. Emulate what Marvel did with Captain America:CW to better tie in the cinematic universe at large.

Cheetah and Circe.

I love Circe but I'd much rather see Cheetah. I think Barbara Minerva and her Cheetah persona have a bit more to add than Circe. I think it'd be interesting if Minerva starts as Diana's ally

There's a couple of noticeable absentees on this poll list.

I'd love to see Cheetah in the sequel but Circe could be fun too.

Silver Swan and Baroness Von Gunther spring to mind.

Cheetah and Paula Von Gunther.

WW2. Paula is head of a Nazi occult division tracking down magical weapons to use to win the war. Diana and archaeologist Barbara Minerva are partners tracking down those same magical weapons and fighting Nazis to prevent the weapons from falling into the wrong hands. Something goes wrong. In order to save Diana, Barbara uses a mystical dagger on herself which turns her into Cheetah. At first, Barbara can control her new animal instincts, but then she's captured by Paula who intends to use the Cheetah as a weapon. Diana must battle the Nazis, save the day and try to rescue her friend and partner.

Throw in some other world ending McGuffin if necessary. But, I'd personally prefer it to be a smaller and more personal story. And it's about time we had a sympathetic villain.

Cheetah. She has to potential to be Diana's "dark mirror" if written correctly. Not only can she match Diana physically (again when written correctly that is), and is very cunning/intelligent, but her philosophy is the polar opposite of Diana's in many ways.

I'd have her start out as Diana's friend (perhaps maybe even Diana's new LI since Gal has said that she'd be up for that). Then she becomes corrupted by the power of the Cheetah and falls into evil.

Also I'd do a sort of David Cronenberg is body horror type of transformation. Or, if anyone here has actually seen this movie, the transformation scene from American Werewolf in London. Basically have the "price" to be paid not only be mental, but physical as well. You get power, but you have to endure immense physical pain in order to do so, and Barbara Minerva has become so addicted to said power that she's willing to do that again and again and again.

Cheetah would be interesting, but I'm up for anyone.

I'd like to see JLA: A League Of One adapted for a movie, probably not the sequel but maybe WW3. Emulate what Marvel did with Captain America:CW to better tie in the cinematic universe at large.

yes, I love that idea. That shouldve been in the poll

I think using Cheetah and Circe would be a good idea.

Cheetah. Bonus point if she actually looks like a cat woman instead of just a real woman wearing a cat costume. Doesn't need to be GCI, they can do great stuff with body paint and prostetics.

RebeccaRomijn in promo for Skin Wars
skin_wars_xxlg.jpg

Circe and Cheetah both as villains if WW gets a sequel

Cheetah. She has to potential to be Diana's "dark mirror" if written correctly. Not only can she match Diana physically (again when written correctly that is), and is very cunning/intelligent, but her philosophy is the polar opposite of Diana's in many ways.

I'd have her start out as Diana's friend (perhaps maybe even Diana's new LI since Gal has said that she'd be up for that). Then she becomes corrupted by the power of the Cheetah and falls into evil.

Also I'd do a sort of David Cronenberg is body horror type of transformation. Or, if anyone here has actually seen this movie, the transformation scene from American Werewolf in London. Basically have the "price" to be paid not only be mental, but physical as well. You get power, but you have to endure immense physical pain in order to do so, and Barbara Minerva has become so addicted to said power that she's willing to do that again and again and again.

I have never seen any evidence Cheetah is ambitious enough to be the big bad of a film, she seems more like a minion, she doesn't seem like a high stakes villain on her own.

I can see her being the main henchman for Circe, Circe can given give her the Cheetah powers to counter Wonder Woman, being the main physical foe for Wonder Woman, while Circe is the mastermind who drives the plot forward.

Cheetah and Paula Von Gunther.

WW2. Paula is head of a Nazi occult division tracking down magical weapons to use to win the war. Diana and archaeologist Barbara Minerva are partners tracking down those same magical weapons and fighting Nazis to prevent the weapons from falling into the wrong hands. Something goes wrong. In order to save Diana, Barbara uses a mystical dagger on herself which turns her into Cheetah. At first, Barbara can control her new animal instincts, but then she's captured by Paula who intends to use the Cheetah as a weapon. Diana must battle the Nazis, save the day and try to rescue her friend and partner.

Throw in some other world ending McGuffin if necessary. But, I'd personally prefer it to be a smaller and more personal story. And it's about time we had a sympathetic villain.

I don't see the point of setting a Wonder Woman movie in WW2, if we already had one in WW1. Plus its canon that she went back to Themyscira after WW1 for a 100 years.

Last edited:
Cheetah seems natural given the history, particularly if its the Barbara Minerva incarnation (which it certainly should be). However, I loves me some Circe. Pretty sure there's a seamless way to tie the two together. Maybe shifting Cheetah's origin into something that Circe manipulates with even a tie-in to Bana-Mighdall.

edit: Damn, there are a number of us on the same page. **** it. I'm changing my want to Doctor Psycho and First Born. :argh:

Just make it present day.

I think the sequel needs a more physical villain she can fight.

She's had two movies now where she's fighting someone who is mostly a special effect and not getting into a physical brawl.

I want a villain with whom she can really get rough and both will be making actual physical contact with each other. A proper, good old-fashioned fight between two strong characters. I want a proper punch up.

That means someone like Circe or Cheetah or both. No monsters or anything, but someone who is actually there in a choreographed physical battle. Something along the lines of Bond vs Red Grant in From Russia With Love, or Cap vs Winter Soldier. I'd even go as far as saying something like Superman vs Zod from MOS, but without all the wanton destruction.

Cheetah. Bonus point if she actually looks like a cat woman instead of just a real woman wearing a cat costume. Doesn't need to be GCI, they can do great stuff with body paint and prostetics.

RebeccaRomijn in promo for Skin Wars
skin_wars_xxlg.jpg

What is Skin Wars? Is that a TV show and is it about cat women?

I think they could have both an actual cat woman and a woman wearing a cat costume if they use both Barbara Minerva and Priscilla Rich as two incarnations of Cheetah. They could even have them as legacy characters, with Diana fighting Priscilla Rich in an earlier era, and then Priscilla having become older, passing the mantle down to Barbara.

If Priscilla is still obsessed with beating Diana and wants something special to beat her but then it is Barbara who tests this on herself, it could be Barbara who now is the new Cheetah.

That would even allow them to set the movie in two eras. Barbara could be the modern day Cheetah while Priscilla could be one in say, the 1950s or 60s.

I doesn't really matter what Cheetah's motivations are in the comics (and yes, she does have ambition). The filmmakers are free to re-interpret things (as they often do).

I also don't like the notion of her being just a pawn in Circe's game. That really takes away from her character and she has far more potential than that. Save Circe for another film.

Circe as the main villain and with her as villain you could have a physical fight like think Cap/Winter Soldier in Captain America The Winter Soldier or think a physical fight like Batman/Superman in BVS

What is Skin Wars? Is that a TV show and is it about cat women?

Not to stray too far off topic, but it's a body painting competition show hosted by Rebecca Romijn with RuPaul as one of the judges/co host. The contestants paint models in various themes each week and then
are judged as to which ones did the best/worst job. The ones doing the worst job are voted off until there is a final winner in the season finale episode.
This one was a promo for season 2 painted by the winner of season 1.

I could go with either Cheetah or Circe. Whichever one isn't used for the sequel can go to film three.

I'd probably go Circe in the sequel, because she could be responsible for the creation of Cheetah leading into the third one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"