Transformers Movie sneak peek feedback **SPOILERS**

Yeah. I honestly dont understand how you can "hate" Daredevil. I mean, it wasnt great... but it wasnt horrible either. They tried. And, it was made with love at least.

I hate all comic book movies that are boring, have horrible dialogue, cheesy looking action, waste budgets, and are too short.

I just checked Boxofficemojo and ghost rider made only 15mil. This movie is officially a flop.

Ummm...no...that's a one day figure...which was higher than expectations, espesially for recent snowstorms, poor reviews, etc...it'll make Sony some money...

...however I didn't enjoy it :(

I hate to admit it but, I'm starting to have faith again that Micheal Bay's Transformers could turn out to be a good film. There are still many things about this film that I don't like:

A few transformer designs, Bumblebee being mute, human vs. transformers screentime, and transformer character development.

However, I still think this is one of the hardest adaptations for any movie company to pull off successfully. Getting the action right, the science fiction believable, the storyline interesting, and the transformer designs right for all fans had to be close to impossible. Before paramount took on this project it was predicted that the budget would be somewhere in the range of 250 to 300mil. At least this is one thing that paramount got right about his film.

The G1 source material was never that strong. I loved the G1 cartoon but, it had numerous plotholes in every episode. I don't like all the changes that have been made to the transformers origin but at least the comic sounds interesting and I may even buy the first issue. The whole concept of trying to control the allspark is just a philosophical as some of the philosphies of the original series. It shows how dangerous and destructive the power to create life can be when it falls into the wrong hands.

I was always concerned about the transformers characters being developed but, after hearing that special sneek preview Hasbro event it sounds like at least the autobots have plenty of personality. It's unfortunate but, in the G1 cartoon most of the decepticon's personalities were 2 dimentional. Every once in a while there would be episodes(Fire on the Mountatin(Great characterization of Thundercracker). Masquerade (Great characterizations of the stunticons.)) that would make them more interesting but, this rarely happened.

I was really angry about the transformer head designs however recent leaked information suggests that they may all have mouths except frenzy and Skopnok. Prime shouldn't have a mouth but, I might be able to accept it. In retrospect it looks like the battle and normal mode wasn't such a bad idea after all. Also, megatron's design has grown on me some since the intial leak so I don't think it looks bad anymore.

I never liked Frenzy in the cartoon. He was basically a clone of rumble. I think his design looks like crap but, at he appears to have the smallest transformer role. I don't like skorpnok's robot mode either but, I barely knew the character in the cartoon. The only design that still irritates the hell out of me is Starscream.:cmad:

Ummm...no...that's a one day figure...which was higher than expectations, espesially for recent snowstorms, poor reviews, etc...it'll make Sony some money...

...however I didn't enjoy it :(

With a budget of 120mil? Yeah right. Dardevil made around the same money when it came out 4 years ago, barely broke 100mil, and it had much more publicity then this film because Afflect and Gardner were popular around that time.

*sigh*

I was hoping someone would have snuck in a camera an recorded some of the preview, it would have been on Youtube by now.

I'm hoping that we get another trailer or something either released or announced as being released on 'XXXXX' very, very soon.

I'm hoping that we get another trailer or something either released or announced as being released on 'XXXXX' very, very soon.

Based on the history of full length trailer release dates for summer films I predict the next trailer comes out in the middle or end of march.

With a budget of 120mil? Yeah right. Dardevil made around the same money when it came out 4 years ago, barely broke 100mil, and it had much more publicity then this film because Afflect and Gardner were popular around that time.

DD also cost 50 million less...but I digress...

Yeah, that's what i was saying DL. I think the TF movie will go the same way, the general public might love it but the fans will be on the fence.

Problem is, the general public won't go out of their way to see it as soon as it comes out, like a true fan will, so this aspect might hurt TF as far as opening weekend B.O numbers. Alot of ppl nowdays prefer seeing movies in the comfort of their own homes, and like i said before, if your not a fan they'll be no sense of desperation to see it on the big screen, they'll just wait for it's dvd or cable release.

If it was any other weekend besides July 4th weekend, you might be right.

There's no way audiences won't show up for the movie that weekend, especially with no competition.

Ah, 4th of July your right.

Yup. If it had some competition that weekend, it might go your way as well.

But, that week with no film is pretty much guaranteeing a solid opening weekend for sure.

Afterwards, we'll see. :D

Yup. If it had some competition that weekend, it might go your way as well.

But, that week with no film is pretty much guaranteeing a solid opening weekend for sure.

Afterwards, we'll see. :D
Superman Returns openned on the 4th of July and recieved pretty poor openning gross. Mostly because it openned on the 4th of July and everyone makes plans OTHER than seeing movies that weekend.

SR's opening gross was embarrassing compared to Pirates. 132.2 mil opening weekend while SR made only 52 mil. If they promote Harry Potter the right way, coinciding it with the last Harry Potter book, then they might destroy Transformers the way Pirates destroyed SR.

It'll all depend on word of mouth.

Superman Returns openned on the 4th of July and recieved pretty poor openning gross. Mostly because it openned on the 4th of July and everyone makes plans OTHER than seeing movies that weekend.

Two different films really.

It's more comparable to War of the Worlds (surprise!)

WAR OF THE WORLDS (Spielberg - Action Sci-Fi Film)
Opening Weekend
$77,061,953 (USA) (4 July 2005) (3,908 Screens)
Budget
$132,000,000 (estimated)

SUPERMAN RETURNS (Singer - Superhero Family Drama)
Opening Weekend
$52,535,096 (USA) (2 July 2006) (4,065 Screens)
Budget
$270,000,000 (estimated)

You're trying to compare Titanic and The Cat in the Hat.. both opened on the same date, but thematically they're completely different.

For comparison purposes, here's the other films released on July 4th and what they opened with:

Spider-Man 2 (2004) 2004 115,817,364
War of the Worlds (2005) 2005 77,061,953
Wild Wild West (1999) 1999 49,705,055
South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut (1999) 1999 23,076,186
Summer of Sam (1999) 1999 7,991,450
Rebound (2005) 2005 6,003,237
Clearing, The (2004) 2004 618,674
De-Lovely (2004) 2004 400,001
Before Sunset (2004) 2004 311,194
America's Heart and Soul (2004) 2004 184,917
De battre mon coeur s'est arrêté (2005) 2005 81,277
Amants du Pont-Neuf, Les (1991) 1999 29,679
Undead (2003) 2005 9,851
Shijie (2004) 2005 6,776
Broken Vessels (1998) 1999 3,722
Twist of Faith (2004) 2005 2,474

Personally, I think audiences aren't receptive to the brainless stuff anymore (Armageddon, Independence Day,.... Transformers). At least not the way they were pre-9/11. I think Pirates and Spider-man (neither which are brainless IMHO) set the bar WAY too high.

I wouldn't be surprised if Die Hard trounces Transformers. Then again, I thought Superman Returns should have done better. So what do I know.

What thought did Pirates require? (OMG Jack is the MAN!) Bah.

I mean, it's been ten pages, and you guys still haven't been able to turn a successful screening full of rabid fans and instantly placated skeptics into a bad thing. We can be sure that Bay feels validated in his decisions.

The idea that movie destruction should be a serious affair is... interesting. I don't believe it, but I could see why someone else might.

It really depends on the movies that come out near it.

The public can burn out on superhero films.. likewise with too many high school comedies.. period pieces.. etc.

Without too many giant robot films, there's a good chance they won't be initially burnt out on it. It all depends on how many sci-fi invasion films are out there, which doesn't seem too likely at this point.

Of course, future trailers can change perception that it's not just a sci-fi invasion film too.

In other words, it's pretty impossible to predict how people will react, but if the past is any indication, it'll get a good reception, especially with how studios have moved their films to other weekends.

What thought did Pirates require? (OMG Jack is the MAN!) Bah.

I mean, it's been ten pages, and you guys still haven't been able to turn a successful screening full of rabid fans and instantly placated skeptics into a bad thing. We can be sure that Bay feels validated in his decisions.

The idea that movie destruction should be a serious affair is... interesting. I don't believe it, but I could see why someone else might.

Are you kidding? Did you see the convoluted plot in Pirates 2? :cwink:
Seriously, Pirates is a pretty intelligently written script... and very well made and directed. Yes, it's light fun, but it isn't ID4 or Armageddon... more in the vein of MIB and Raiders (IMHO).

As for "movie destruction?" Yes, I think massive death and destruction shouldn't make you shout with glee and clap. But, that's just me.

What was convoluted? Both pirates movies are pretty simple, the second one also happens to blow.

I don't know if a few double crosses count as convoluted... but there were a lot of threads to it... I don't consider that requiring a lot of though per se, but if you do, that's fine.

As for massive death and destruction, I actually agree. It shouldn't be entertainment at all, but unfortunately, that's what all our action movies seem to revolve around. I found it intensely odd that people would find being scared entertaining (I don't watch Horror movies, or ride roller coasters), but people flock to them anyway. "Bad things shouldn't be fun." I agree... but I hardly think that Transformers is on the cutting edge of making even destruction into entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"