Movie Thor compared to comic book Thor

one4smoke

Civilian
Reaction score
Pro: Much better look for Thor and Mjolnir.

Con: Much weaker Thor and Mjolnir. Biggest disappointment for me thus far.

There really wasn't anything to judge Thor's strength on.
You can gather Kurse was Hulk level strength and did some pretty cool things in their fight

There really wasn't anything to judge Thor's strength on.
You can gather Kurse was Hulk level strength and did some pretty cool things in their fight

I'm speaking of all 3 movies, not just TDW.

Well, to be honest, I haven't seen him not able to do anything in the movies (except stop the Hulk and he has just as much trouble with that in the comics). He doesn't seem all that physically weaker to me. He just hasn't lifted an apartment complex over his head yet. In fact he shattered the Bifrost Bridge. A feat that's supposed to be so powerful that it's one of the signs of Ragnarok.

Has Thor even been knocked unconscious in the movies? I'm convinced he can't be and that everything short of stabbing him with an Asgardian blade just irritates him.

Nah he hasn't been knocked out in the movies not to my knowledge, although he may have been KO'd after he delivered the final blow to Malekith. I also agree with you on Thor really being much weaker than comic Thor, he just doesn't go around doing heavy lifting for the sake of heavy lifting.

Well, to be honest, I haven't seen him not able to do anything in the movies (except stop the Hulk and he has just as much trouble with that in the comics). He doesn't seem all that physically weaker to me. He just hasn't lifted an apartment complex over his head yet. In fact he shattered the Bifrost Bridge. A feat that's supposed to be so powerful that it's one of the signs of Ragnarok.

Has Thor even been knocked unconscious in the movies? I'm convinced he can't be and that everything short of stabbing him with an Asgardian blade just irritates him.

Thor felt the strongest in Thor 1. He was basically like Superman with a hammer. You could feel his power during the frost giant battle. The one thing i love was that the action choreography in Thor 1 was better than the action choreography for Thor in the Thor: The Dark World. That was the closest he ever felt to comic book Thor.

uOyYR9G.gif

9UqzNJM.gif

K4MkueB.gif

yJ886CW.gif

hs0j6Mt.gif

5OywpUi.gif

2P7Y9Pd.gif

nYb4IqJ.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts