The Amazing Spider-Man Movie vs Game

Spider-Aziz

Dummy Dragon Holo
Reaction score
It was bound to happen eventually

Which one is more entertaining? The movie or the game?
The movie or its -hopefully- out of cannon sequel?
Reason(s)?

The movie; by far.

Game is good, love it! But the movie is better.

Could you please explain?

I'll go this route, I like the game more, I find it a B or B+ material cause of some issues
The movie gets a B-, characterization was well done, but the story left me hanging a bit
I find the story of the game to be more solid, the bit with the virus going after everyone getting cured is a mistake in the story

The game overall provided more entertainment, not only a story to watch, interaction with stuff was cool, action is fun, combat is a joy

Not to say the movie is forgettable, but only that the movie and game are on the same level of "meh", imo.

To be honest, the story itself in the game isn't too bad actually. But it's very complicated to try and compare two different mediums. Though I'll do it anyway:

THE STORY

The story itself in the game is actually a very good follow up on the film IMO. This is where Beenox did a great job. It felt like a great story connected to the film without having to be brought up in any film sequel.

Of course, the film story was much, much more personal due to seeing the origin of Peter Parker/Spider-Man and his love story with Gwen, but also due to it having real actors. This is where games overall lack compared to films if you ask me, it's harder to feel connected the same way (with some few exceptions such as the Uncharted games which hit every note right).

However, the plot itself in the game is more clear than the one in the film. It goes more straight from A to B. This is obviously because the game doesn't have to deal with the origin and it has more time than a film, but still.

THE CHARACTERS

It hurts to say but I definitely think Alistair Smythe in the game was a better villain than Lizard in the movie. It's funny. I felt he had more depth and much clearer motives and overall was more interesting. Beenox did one hell of a good job here! However, I couldn't like Connors much in the game either. Peter and Gwen were great in the game but as I said, it's hard to compare to the film since they're played by real actors there and therefore I feel much more connection to them. But in the game, they both were written very well and Spidey felt more grown up in the game from what I remember. Though, the film had a great character in Capt. Stacy that the game misses and that Asian reporter wasn't that interesting to me.

OVERALL

I would much rather sit through the film several times again than the game but that's obvious. A game takes much more time and requires you to be more active. Though even with that fact put aside, I definitely enjoy the film more. But that's not to say that the game did a few things better (the villain and his plot, that is).

Though there are instances where I'd much rather play through the story of a game than a movie. As I said, the Uncharted games are perfect IMO and I many times find those characters, pacing, story etc. better and more enjoyable than some films. if Naughty Dog were developing a Spider-Man game, I don't doubt I would enjoy those more than many films as well. But that's a very rare thing.

Not to say the movie is forgettable, but only that the movie and game are on the same level of "meh", imo.

I think thats as close to complimenting the the movie i've ever seen you AD. :oldrazz:

Movie was better. The game was pretty decent though. The game felt restricted. Spidey needed a rush/sprint attribute. The world around spider-man was kind of dull.new york looked too plain. I think USM had the more stylized NYC. Which i hope they make a sequal to.....hmmm why not just make a USM game in the same light as Arkham City. So the game isnt restricted to the movie verse. But at least put detail into the game like how gta or red dead redemption's open world. And for the love of god, can we please walk around as Peter Parker and perhaps do a quick change into spidey.

It's hard for me to decide, I enjoy both very very much

I usually enjoy the games more because I like the ability of being able to 'be' Spider-man, control him and have fun swinging around the city. Not taking anything away from how much I love the movie, because it's great.

Movie was so much better. The game tried way too hard to be arkham city, spider-man felt way too powerful compared to the movie, and the rogues gallery sucked. It was a huge step in the right direction from web of time and shattered dimensions though, so hoping AMS2 the game will be fix all of those problems!

It was a huge step in the right direction from web of time and shattered dimensions though, so hoping AMS2 the game will be fix all of those problems!
Nice merger to say both
Every game since WoS is a huge step up

Nice merger to say both
Every game since WoS is a huge step up

lol thanks, I kind of liked Electro in WoS but that was it, and my god who ever played spider-man in that game had the most obnoxious voice i have ever heard in my life by far!

lol thanks, I kind of liked Electro in WoS but that was it, and my god who ever played spider-man in that game had the most obnoxious voice i have ever heard in my life by far!
Electro is one of the things I hate in that game, kicking his arse is good, and choosing black after kicking symbiote Electro

I heard more obnoxious voices, like mine

Movie was so much better. The game tried way too hard to be arkham city, spider-man felt way too powerful compared to the movie, and the rogues gallery sucked. It was a huge step in the right direction from web of time and shattered dimensions though, so hoping AMS2 the game will be fix all of those problems!

The rogues gallery will still probably be an issue for the next movie game too. Unfortunately with these movie-tie ins there's too many hands in the cookie jar so to speak. Beenox has to go thru Activision, then Marvel and then Sony with any ideas for the game especially concerning the villains. I read an article about the game's production in which it stated that there was so much downtime while making the game because Marvel and Sony were going back and forth trying to agree on what ideas to use for the game. Unfortunately this doesn't give Beenox enough time to fully develop those ideas but it did give them plenty of time to work out other things such as the web rush feature. That's something that worked really well in the game and according to Beenox, underwent several iterations.

Movie, duh! I dont see it as bound to happen and based on the poll results most people agree

Movie: 9 and the Game: 8.0. So I like the movie more, but I really liked both as a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"