Movies that were blatantly plagerized

"The Girl Next Door" ripped off "Risky Business"

Well, The Incredibles were ripped off of the Fantastic Four. Sky High ripped off a mix of comics. I like them both though.

Apparently POTC was plagerized from this guy.

'Pirates' Movie Producers Sued by Screenwriter

The global success of the Pirates Of The Caribbean sequel has been tainted by a Hollywood screenwriter, who claims the whole idea for the franchise was his. The megahit, Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, smashed box office records in eight territories - including America and the UK - over the weekend, but writer Royce Mathew is keen to halt the celebrations. He claims he created "drawings" and a "screenplay" for a project he called Supernatural Pirate Movie - and now he fears his ideas have been turned into a Disney blockbuster. Royce states he even called the pirate ship in his film treatment the Black Pearl - the same name used for Johnny Depp's craft, and the subtitle for the original film. And he also created a lead characters called Will Turner - the same name as Orlando Bloom's swashbuckler in the Disney films - and Elizabeth - the Christian name of Keira Knightley's character. The screenwriter insists he registered the drawings and his screenplay with the US Copyright Office, and is now suing the The Walt Disney Company, Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Touchstone Home Video and producer Jerry Bruckheimer, claiming movie bosses used his ideas as a blueprint for the Pirates of The Caribbean films. - from IMDB

Sounds like another case of "J.K. Rowling stole my story."

Majik1387 said:
Well, The Incredibles were ripped off of the Fantastic Four. Sky High ripped off a mix of comics. I like them both though.
I was gonna say. but i see someone mentioned it. and the new sony movie zoomed clearly (no pun intended) ripped off FF and X-Men

Yeah, Zoom even ripped off The Incredibles. There are no superheroes anymore in either movies, then we end up getting superheroes by the end.

Majik1387 said:
Yeah, Zoom even ripped off The Incredibles. There are no superheroes anymore in either movies, then we end up getting superheroes by the end.
there's a kid who can strecth as far as he wants. a kid who can tiurn invisible. a little girl with super human strength. and lastly a kid who can move things with there mind.

Majik1387 said:

I think Fantastic Four Ripped off The Incredibles.
the reason= The Incredibles > Fantastic Four.

SpeedballLives said:
I think Fantastic Four Ripped off The Incredibles.
the reason= The Incredibles > Fantastic Four.
your kiddimg right?

the Fantastic Four is based of a comic that came out oin either 1962 or 1963. so you might wanna check your facts. i'm sure the concept of the incredibles didn't happen for another 30 + years.

People need to get over the fact that Fantastic Four was trash and The Incredibles was a modern classic.

Tim Story thought he had the "original" material, but he still made a piece of garbage movie.

TheVileOne said:
People need to get over the fact that Fantastic Four was trash and The Incredibles was a modern classic.

Tim Story thought he had the "original" material, but he still made a piece of garbage movie.

That's what i'm talking about.
I said Incredibles was a superior film, and therefor, Fantastic Four(the comics and the film) are inferior. the comics, especially now, are way inferior.

The Incredibles is a true Family. Fantastic Four is not a family, it's two guys, one of the guys girlfriend and her brother.

SpeedballLives said:
That's what i'm talking about.
I said Incredibles was a superior film, and therefor, Fantastic Four(the comics and the film) are inferior. the comics, especially now, are way inferior.

The Incredibles is a true Family. Fantastic Four is not a family, it's two guys, one of the guys girlfriend and her brother.
Right:

The Incredibles = Nuclear family

F4 = extended family

Also, Fantastic Four does NOT have a patent over a family of super heroes or the super powers.

Speedsters have been around forever. Invisibility, super strength, stretching.

Fantastic Four did NOT create these things. Tim Story and ignorant fanboys should stop acting like they did.

Also, artists constantly copy or "take inspiration" from other artists. This is nothing new.

I don't see anyone *****ing about Quentin Tarantino.

Either way you put it, The Incredibles ripped off the Fantastic Four, doesn't matter which movie is better.

WorthyStevens4 said:
The Wild. AKA the carbon copy of Madagascar.
Indeed.

And I'd say The Incredibles is more of a spoof than a rip-off.

SpeedballLives said:
do you even hear yourself?

you don't all have to be realated to be a family. there's a reason there called the first family of marvel. but then again there's no real talking to anyone about anything on here.

Majik1387 said:
Either way you put it, The Incredibles ripped off the Fantastic Four, doesn't matter which movie is better.

How?

The Fantastic Four ripped off Justice League and The Justice Society. The Human Torch ripped off the original Human Torch.

Mr. Fantastic ripped off Plastic Man.

Should I keep going.

This is how bull**** these stupid rip-off arguments are.

I honestly couldn't care less where people get their ideas as long as I like the movie.

TheVileOne said:
How?

The Fantastic Four ripped off Justice League and The Justice Society. The Human Torch ripped off the original Human Torch.

Mr. Fantastic ripped off Plastic Man.

Should I keep going.

This is how bull**** these stupid rip-off arguments are.

Marvel has always ripped off DC comics.
Stan Lee even said so.
Marvel wanted a team like the JLA, cause JLA comics were owning Marvel's comics.
So he made FF.

I never heard Stan Lee say any word against The Incredibles.

You know why Arad and Marvel are pissed? Because they The Incredibles showed us what a great super hero movie should be like. And then they released rushed hacked together crap like F4.

SpeedballLives said:
Marvel has always ripped off DC comics.
Stan Lee even said so.
Marvel wanted a team like the JLA, cause JLA comics were owning Marvel's comics.
So he made FF.
Okay DC boy.

i'm bored with this thread so i'm gone.

TheVileOne said:

You know why Arad and Marvel are pissed? Because they The Incredibles showed us what a great super hero movie should be like. And then they released rushed hacked together crap like F4.

You just seem to have some vendetta against fox and anybody assoicated.

cause the only words i ever come out of your mouth when talking about fox movies are there crap.

TheVileOne said:

Exactly.
don't forget X3, Elektra, Blade(All three of them are :down ), Daredevil just to name a few.
How many Pixar films have been failures? 0.
And almost all have been hailed as masterpeices.
And Sky High is a rip-off, but it was meant to be a rip-off. And a damn fine rip-off it was. I think I'll watch that tonight.

J Alba's Lover said:

cause the only words i ever come out of your mouth when talking about fox movies are there crap.

I don't know if Vile hates every single one of Fox's movies, but I can agree that Fox studios has now become the very definition of a greedy corporation.

J Alba's Lover said:

I'm in the majority is what you fail to realize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"