Movies with similarities to Ghost Rider

InVictus said:
Macabre is actually quite different if i remember correctly.. it is more like Hellboy/hellblazer i think, yet i have to check it.
If you fear a clone of Ghost Rider, that is Spawn.

Spawn is a clone of Ghost Rider?,I Think Spawn is a clone (amalgam)of; DOCTOR STRANGE, THE PROWLER & VENOM.What do you think about this?.:unishr:

Nogglestones. Interesting name for a website; I love it! I have it bookmarked and like Arnuld... "I'll be back".

Anyhoo, Dan Ketch (SOV) is my personal favorite but that's mainly because I read him first. It seems to go that way... but you're right, it's hard to choose. I'm happy that they've decided to go with the original GR for the movie though. This comes after much thought of course. I was a avid protestor of the news because of my first 'love' for Ketch's GR, once apon a time. The movie sounds so cool so far that I've come to terms with the merger of the two as a character... even if that means there is no Ketch ever.

Anyway, I look forward to the 80's style slasher flick of yours that they're developing. I like slasher flicks. I grew up with that as my favorite Genre. Big fan of Freddy here. Big.

Yesterday i watched with my friends a very ****ty, funny(because of its ****tyness) movie named Van Helsing: Dracula's Revenge ( story: Dracula in space :lol: horrible acting, horrible scenography , amusing characters) and in the special contents of the rented dvd we saw even funnier promos of horror movies of a certain David LeCoteau. Searching in the net for his other works i found this....:eek:
222664.jpg

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/speed_demon/

Ha ha. Good spot there. It just reeks of quality, doesn't it?

:D

Man, that is almost too Ghost Rider like isn't it?

Synopsis from IMDB; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339714/
A mysterious driver in a muscle car with a demonic hood ornament hunts down a gang that has taken over a small town.

The question is, is the driver a demon or just the hood ornament?

Has anybody ever seen this?

Netflix has it so im gonna take a chance and rent it to see just how bad it is..heh.

Please don't do that for your sanity's sake!
Actually i rented it today...
Awful, not even funny, just plain bad.=_=
The skull on the cover it's actually just a medallion....=_=

InVictus said:
Please don't do that for your sanity's sake!
Actually i rented it today...
Awful, not even funny, just plain bad.=_=
The skull on the cover it's actually just a medallion....=_=

thanks for renting for us and letting us know...now i dont have to waste a rental selection :)

So this is just a lower budget version of "The Wraith"?

Invictus, you're like the soldier who throws himself on a grenade to save the platoon.

;)

NDX said:
So this is just a lower budget version of "The Wraith"?
Well....you could say that...yes.
Probably.
But lower in astronomical distance standards.
There must be either two reason why ALL male characters in this crappy movie appear 80% of time with naked torso. The one reason i hope is: they filmed it in a particular hot place.
Not to mention the magic "purification" rite....a mass massage of blood on the naked torsos...the horror....the horror!!
I shouldn't have rushed with my GR frenzy and instead i should have read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_DeCoteau about the director...
*shudders*

Mr Nick said:
Invictus, you're like the soldier who throws himself on a grenade to save the platoon.

;)

LOL. That's indeed exactly what he's like.

Thanks Invictus!

Anyone remeber this really odd old 80's movie with a young Charlie Sheen as the ghost of this guy that gets killed racing his car, and he comes back as the driver of this sick looking vehicle to take revenge on the racers that killed him

The car had a glowing engine and it was black

yeah...The Wraith.
really cheesy/bad movie from the mid 80s.

The Wraith was actually a semi-remake of High Plains Drifter, in a bad, 80's kind of way. Guy is unjustly killed, comes back in a different body (I think his body is different inthe Wraith, been a while since I saw it), tears up the town, gets revenge, nobody knows who he is till the end, etc, etc.

That film's stuck in my head for years, for some reason. Maybe it's because I watched an obscene amount of movies and TV in the 80's!

One thing I vividly remember, is that his turbo interceptor would get smashed to smithereens and then reform from a ghostly mist. Makes me wonder if we'll see the Hellcycle or GR himself blown to kingdom come, then reform right before the terrified bad guys' eyes.

And I also remember Sherilyn Fenn was way hot!

:eek:

Mr Nick said:
And I also remember Sherilyn Fenn was way hot!

I definately agree with that.

Actually, my friend (named Wraith) introduced me to the movie a few years ago, and it's been one of the few movies I watch because it's not the best. Plus the soundtrack has been on my wishlist for 2 years now. Can't find it.

Due to this thread I now have an urge to watch this movie. I need to borrow the dvd from him.

Ooooo. Still looks good.

"Turbo interceptor. The only one in existence."

Apparently, God has a kick-ass garage.

Mr Nick said:
One thing I vividly remember, is that his turbo interceptor would get smashed to smithereens and then reform from a ghostly mist. Makes me wonder if we'll see the Hellcycle or GR himself blown to kingdom come, then reform right before the terrified bad guys' eyes.

Hey! The reforming bike trick it's a must be in the movie, just like when Flag Smasher blew out GR with a missile! Heck we should have asked MSJ about this!
FlameHead!
Add this one in the MSJ question thread!:)

Sadly, we probably wont make another Q&A thread until next years comic-con. MSJ will probably not get the chance to answer them. Plus, we have to keep some things under the hat don't we?.... Nahhhh.

I do think the bike should be dismantled at some point as well though. Perhaps we'll see a regular looking bike at the start and then it's gets blown up and reforms into the hellcycle we've seen. That's a possibility?

As for Wraith, I think I might rent it again sometime soon. That's a flagship movie from my childhood man. It's so strange that it's similar to Ghost Rider, a character I later became obsessed with.

For those of you who haven't seen Wraith, if you like "B" movies, this is a movie to rent.

I liked it when it first came out, but, I wouldn't go out and buy it.

I've never heard of High Plains Drifter either. Seems like there's lots of movies with a similar idea to Ghost Rider... not to say they were all taken from the idea of Ghost Rider. It's just a good idea I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"