Movies with similarities to Ghost Rider

I probably would, just for nostalgia sake. It's probably not even on DVD yet though...

I checked a local movie net store and they have that, so it definitely is on DVD.

My friend has the DVD. I have seen it in person, it does exist, and it is official. Not that is makes it a better movie, but it's good to know.

Still need to borrow it.

FlameHead said:
I've never heard of High Plains Drifter either. Seems like there's lots of movies with a similar idea to Ghost Rider... not to say they were all taken from the idea of Ghost Rider. It's just a good idea I guess.

Hey, FH.
HPD isa great Eastwood movie, man. Watch it, now. I guess already came to dvds. It´s really good, and i´ve heard that Goyer had plans to makehis 2001 GR script as a mix of HPD and Mad Max.
But as we all know, his script is very bad. No GR soul around there.

Wait, was HPD that film where Clint comes back with vengeance towards the city that let him be hanged?
That's my favourite Eastwood movie ever!

InVictus said:
Wait, was HPD that film where Clint comes back with vengeance towards the city that let him be hanged?
That's my favourite Eastwood movie ever!

Yup..
FH...you NEED to rent that movie. you will love it....one of my fave Eastwood westerns.

Awesome! Good to know this movie has moved to DVD... of course, not much hasn't these days eh? I'm gonna rent it sometime soon... then again, I could probably buy it for the same price as a rent.

Wow, 3 very stong recommendations from my pals eh? I'll have to rent that one on my next outting to the vid store. I'm not a huge fan of Westerns but I'll definatly give this a shot as it's so dear to my peeps. The plot sounds pretty darn good anyway...

FlameHead said:
Awesome! Good to know this movie has moved to DVD... of course, not much hasn't these days eh? I'm gonna rent it sometime soon... then again, I could probably buy it for the same price as a rent.

It´s really a surprise that exists someone who hasn´t saw this movie, specially in US. Here, in Brasil, i´ve watched so many times on tv.
Here we call it "A Aparição".
It´s very ok to the 80´s, of course. Now he grows old.
But still cool. Same to another 80´s classic that we saw much on tv: James Spader´s "Tuff turf". Cheesy 80´s classic teen movie.

I saw a Wraith DVD at an internet auction site which is toted as an 'uncut' version. Does anybody have any further knowledge about that?

Crowley9 said:
I saw a Wraith DVD at an internet auction site which is toted as an 'uncut' version. Does anybody have any further knowledge about that?

that has to either be a bootleg or an import...
found this interesting site about films which had scenes removed or were banned called the chopping list.
http://www.cosmos.net.au/~hologram/chopping/list_home.html

here is a direct link for the Wraith....just some extra nudity was cut out it seems.
http://www.cosmos.net.au/~hologram/chopping/titles_w.html

Noooo... not the nudity. Don't cut the nudity!!! hehe.

Nice site find there though BG. Lots of neat info there, not found in a lot of other places.

Maybe the fact that screenwriter Mike Marvin (real name: Michael Oliveros) wrote this originally as a treatment for a proposed Ghost Rider TV movie in 1980, riding the coattails of "The Incredible Hulk"´s sucess, can explain some things.

Wow. I never knew that. That's some pretty cool info right there, Seeker. Or should I call you Sherlock?

:up:

A Ghost Rider TV series would be cool, but the original idea, obviously due to budgetary reasons, was that the Ghost Rider would just have a very pale face (in the original concept, he was a dead man brought to life to avenge wrongs) and a helmet with PAINTED flames.

NDX said:
My friend has the DVD. I have seen it in person, it does exist, and it is official. Not that is makes it a better movie, but it's good to know.

Still need to borrow it.

203403.jpg

It was released on a so-so transfer by Platinum in 2003 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008VGNJ/ref=ase_imdb-adbox/102-1198505-5360965?v=glance&s=dvd), but I´ve heard that Anchor Bay is going to re-release it anytime. Problem is, all those "anytime soons" by AB take years to materialize...

There´s also a German edition

interceptor_cover_klein.jpg

And this I believe is the region 2 DVD cover:
79000.png

That small writing is Swedish in case you're wondering.

Man, I completely forgot that Charlie Sheen was in this one.

Seeing the different covers is pretty cool. I like how the movie sounds like a different one when it's in a different language. Interceptor? Much different than Wraith...

Yeah, HPD kicks ass. Not quite as good as The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, or Unforgiven, but damn close.

After watching the new Trailer the story & plot to this Ghost Rider movie is very similiar to to this movie

spawn-movie-poster-art-2.jpg

Wow lol.

Spawn got its ideas from Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider was made long before Spawn.:rolleyes:

Spawn was an okay movie. I have the DVD.

But Ghost Rider will beat it so bad.

Wow. I can't believe this thread was created in a section full of Ghost Rider fans. Unbelievable.

Someone, please close the thread before this user is pretty much beat up by us fans.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"