Movies you hate that other people generally love. - Part 1

So the thread title is simple and i am sure you all understand it.

I hate hate the movies TOP GUN and INDEPENDENCE DAY.
I think Top Gun is the worst most popular movie ever made. If the hottest chick at the bar came on to me and asked me what my favorite movie was and I said, "You first." And she says Top Gun. I would take the drink I bought for her and walk away.

Not sure the general opinion on Avatar. But being that it made well over a billion it must have some sort of following. I think it pretty much sucks. I'll just leave it at that.

The Two Towers
Return of the King
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Drive
Transformers
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Batman Returns
The Hunger Games

The only one that comes to mind is Enter the Void and Amour.

Last edited:
I don't hate The Hunger Games , but it's not something I would watch again.

Twilight is just awful , but that has plenty of haters.

That's all I can think of right now.

I don't hate it, but I think Dark Knight Rises is a vastly overrated and a underwhelming ending to Nolan's Batman trilogy. Again, before the Nolanites jump on me, I do think its a decent/ good movie, just very overrated, underwhelming, and dull in some places.

Twlight gets enough hate but I do actually HATE those movies. The only one this is somewhat watchable is the very last one.

Drive with Ryan Gosling. I thought that movie was boring as hell.

The Grey with Liam Nesson. People loved that movie, but I found it to be one of the most depressing movies I EVER seen in my life. I seriously left the theater sad and depressed after watching it.

Last edited:
I believe 'hate' and 'overrated' are two different things. A film you hate should be something you despise on all counts.

Hulk 2003

Don't know if anyone loved it but I pretty much thought it was awful.

I don't flatout hate any movie, except the old video nasties. I'm not a fan of the Rings trilogy, Spider-Man 1, Batman '89, nor any the first two Superman films.

Hulk 2003

Don't know if anyone loved it but I pretty much thought it was awful.

I loathe that film. I had to sit through it twice in the theater because I had promised to take my nephew.

Mulholland Drive

Not sure how anyone here feels about it. Critics, film snobs and hipsters seem to love it. I think it's a pile.

The Dark Knight, just find it so boring.:o

I could never complete a viewing of Mulholland Drive; I usually end up bored and up doing or watching something else.

Transformers
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Who loves those?!

NAME AND SHAME

I loved the first Transformers. I thought it was a great, fun summer blockbuster flick.

On the topic, I'd say Royal Tenenbaums. I don't think I could ever sit through it again. Everyone raved about it and I feel like it was marketed as a comedy, but funny it was not.

District 9 and The Social Network come to mind. Many love them, but i dont.

Hate is such a strong word. I dont hate any movie. Usually when i dislike them , im total indifferent to them. Sometimes it's what surrounds them , the consequences of their sucess (for example) that makes me despise them a little bit. Not the movie itself , but their negative influence. But not hate.

I don't know anyone that loved that movie. This was a rare time where even I wanted to walk out on a superhero movie.

I really like Ang Lee's Hulk.

After Blade 2 , and Spidey 2 is easily the best marvel adapted movie.

Mulholland Drive

Not sure how anyone here feels about it. Critics, film snobs and hipsters seem to love it. I think it's a pile.

Best movie of the decade ? Probably.

tumblr_ln2ctvplrO1qaa163o1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"