Mr. Freeze in Reeves' Batuniverse

A realistic Freeze. A thug who says freeze a lot. Otherwise he looks exactly the same as any other goon. Maybe he wears blue and has a custom made crimson handgun. Oh and he bald too I guess.

Really dont know how to do a realistic version of this character.

I’m one of the fans who’s bored with hearing Freeze’s name. But I thought of a different way in IF Matt picks Victor.

I still think you gotta connect him to Oz. Some kind of deal is made. But what if you had Nora die in the flood? “Batman saves the mayor but not my wife? If that psycho serial killer wasn’t so inspired by Batman, my wife could still be alive” kinda thing. Victor’s final kill? He makes his way inside Arkham Asylum. Target? Riddler. Batman has to save Edward’s life. With everyone distracted, Joker escapes.

Batsy saves Riddler and Freeze’s soul. Nora’s gone, just like Bruce’s mom and dad. He teaches Victor that vengeance isn’t the answer. You can’t undo the past etc.

I’d rather see something else in The Batman Part 2. Something less generic but it’s my last attempt for Freezy Boy. I don’t think I’ve read anything about Freeze going after Riddler. It’s always businessmen , politicians and innocents civilians. So what if he’s like a futuristic hitman for Penguin? And his motive is to kill Batman and Riddler (only after Penguin makes him kill his enemies first).

Last edited:
More pieces of artwork I found: I’m definitely rooting for Mr. Freeze’s return to the big screen, and for Reeves to challenge himself on a way to adapt him in this universe is something I’m exhilarated to see.

61609109-8884-47DA-AAEA-D56F947A862F.jpeg

06E43A49-F771-40D6-B843-EB296ED0DE31.jpeg

7BDA295E-4F70-4F2D-8A33-47BDB9058BBE.jpeg

64A6AFD0-1BAA-440C-9017-AD9C211CBE45.jpeg

64B704D8-486F-46C6-8E0C-B718657F5439.jpeg

As much as I like Freeze, I don’t want him as the villain in the next film. The concept art looks nice, but it just doesn’t make any sense.

It will probably be a reinvention of Hush with side characters like Catwoman, Oz, Harvey Dent and throw in a few scenes of Riddler and Joker

Random, nonsensical thought:

Assuming he's in the film and the city is still flooded, Fries would probably do Gotham City a huge favor by freezing all of that water...

I do wonder how much time will elapse over the course of this series. I honestly have no clue what to think this will be like.

The sequel will mostly take place 3-4 years after the first, Reeves likes doing time jumps. Then the third will probably be another couple of years so maybe the whole trilogy spans around 8 years to show a prime Batman

I rewatched the Batman Beyond episode Meltdown yesterday, and what if Freeze's suit in the Reeves universe was more Iron Man/mech inspired in its design, with the freezing blasts coming out of his wrists like it does here. While this is considered futuristic in the BTAS world (because that show leaned into the 1940s esthetic), The Batman doesn't quite lean into that retro style (even though Gotham is very stylish and rainy) , so this kind of tech wouldn't feel too much out of place.

upload_2022-11-4_14-31-54.png

I rewatched the Batman Beyond episode Meltdown yesterday, and what if Freeze's suit in the Reeves universe was more Iron Man/mech inspired in its design, with the freezing blasts coming out of his wrists like it does here. While this is considered futuristic in the BTAS world (because that show leaned into the 1940s esthetic), The Batman doesn't quite lean into that retro style (even though Gotham is very stylish and rainy) , so this kind of tech wouldn't feel too much out of place.

View attachment 59760
As much as I love this design I don't want fancy overtly-scifi Iron Man suits anywhere near these films.

As much as I love this design I don't want fancy overtly-scifi Iron Man suits anywhere near these films.

I think it works for a character like Mr. Freeze. He's a a mad scientist who needs a robot suit to survive and can shoot beams of ice at people. You can't get more science fiction than that.

I’m watching Hannibal and Mads Mikkelsen is just so perfect for this role. I realize he has been overly exposed in nerd culture; with his involvement in Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and Marvel franchises. But he is perfect for Mister Freeze. He has everything I could ever want for this character. I prefer a thick non-American accent for this character (Schwarzenegger and Preminger had this and so does Mikkelsen). I think it comes down to Reeves’ portrayal of the character to make Mads as Freeze feel fresh- (never frozen ;) ).

So yeah I’d say he’s still my top choice for this, in spite of his exposure within nerd franchises. He was wasted in the MCU anyway.

I hate to say it, but he’s like Liam Hemsworth. They’ve been around a while. They look like comic book characters but their acting just leaves me unimpressed. The charisma just isn’t there.

Last edited:
I mean they’ve tried to turn him into a big name and it keeps backfiring. Watch him in Tarzan to see what I’m talking about… he’s like the Scandinavian Armie Hammer without the cannibalism fetish.

Last edited:
I mean they’ve tried to turn him into a big name and it keeps backfiring. Watch him in Tarzan to see what I’m talking about… he’s like the Scandinavian Armie Hammer without the cannibalism fetish.
Skarsgard is way better than Hemsworth and Hammer together man

Skarsgard is way better than Hemsworth and Hammer together man
Fair enough! I still think he would have made a great Thor.

Did you see him in The Stand? I didn’t think he was very good as Randall Flagg but that’s just me.

Skarsgard can be good with the right role, I don’t know if Freeze is right for him. I’d like it to go to an older actor.

makeup and prosthetics could give him an older look

Fair enough! I still think he would have made a great Thor.

Did you see him in The Stand? I didn’t think he was very good as Randall Flagg but that’s just me.

Skarsgard can be good with the right role, I don’t know if Freeze is right for him. I’d like it to go to an older actor.
well I think Viggo Mortensen is your guy then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"