Xbox mS will acquire more studios

As long as its not a studio that makes games for the Playstation that I would buy (Capcom, Ubisoft, T2, IO, WB, Square EniX) then it won't bother me.

If they bought another company of Bethesda’s size they would be pretty much set and really wouldn’t need any more. Looks like they’re going all in on gamepass after not caring about exclusives for years. Judging by their latest financials they can afford to buy companies of this size for cash without having to worry about the risk too much. Hopefully they treat any further acquisition like the other new studios which they’ve given additional funding to and increased team sizes significantly, while letting them keep their vision and creativity.

PlayStation has a a big head start this generation but I do wonder what will happen at the start of the next one. It will be a very different landscape by then.
Imo, this scalper/limited supply is doing damage to the ps5. Like sure Series X is limited as well, but ps5 is more in demand right now and Sony not really doing but making empty promise (that they will ship more, analysts say otherwise that there is now a chip shortage) is going only going to hurt them. Like when we look back at this current gen ten years from now, more people are going to remember how hard it was to get a ps5 than getting a series X | S.

As for the Ps6 and the successor of Series X | S. Who knows? Could it possible that Microsoft prioritizes Xbox as a game pass/subscription service than making another hardware. I just hope the internet connections seven years from now are much faster as I downloaded a 50 gb game in Ps store last week and that took like 3 hours so I can't ever go full digital even if I wanted to.

Imo, this scalper/limited supply is doing damage to the ps5. Like sure Series X is limited as well, but ps5 is more in demand right now and Sony not really doing but making empty promise (that they will ship more, analysts say otherwise that there is now a chip shortage) is going only going to hurt them. Like when we look back at this current gen ten years from now, more people are going to remember how hard it was to get a ps5 than getting a series X | S.

As for the Ps6 and the successor of Series X | S. Who knows? Could it possible that Microsoft prioritizes Xbox as a game pass/subscription service than making another hardware. I just hope the internet connections seven years from now are much faster as I downloaded a 50 gb game in Ps store last week and that took like 3 hours so I can't ever go full digital even if I wanted to.
I hate scalpers making money from other people’s misfortune. But also it’s a good point above as I was all in on PlayStation until the PS3 got delayed 3 months in Europe. During those months with no new console to play that I had geared myself for up for, I thought I’d briefly try the new 360 that everyone was talking about. Fell in love with Gears of War soon after and that was that. Online coop gaming and friends really sealed the deal too, but the chance all came about due to a failure to be able to supply at the expected time (even if no fault involved).

Bethesda roundtable going on and it sounds like games without commitments are going to be exclusive to systems with gamepass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"