Transformers MTV exclusive 1 minute clip (massive spoiler)

Transformers costs 120 mil less that what it cost to make SR. They could've made a whole other movie. If it makes 200 mil then it will be a success...but I don't see that happening the 1st week.

Me, I think Transformers will make some impressive numbers. Maybe not on the opening day, but with the time passing.

i think it is obvious that TF will make more money. now if you calculate that it wil make more money than SR and it cost less money to make it you ahve a big profit.

its summer and its bay with huge robots fighting. what else do you want?

Must everything be compared to Superman Returns? :dry:

Superman Returns was dull and boring...Superman didn't even FIGHT anyone...he just lifted stuff. big whoop.

Transformers on the other hand looks fantastic. Ironhide FTW!! He looks better than he EVER did before.

Superman Returns was dull and boring...Superman didn't even FIGHT anyone...he just lifted stuff. big whoop.
It had an emotionally involved story, but I don't think you care about that.

Anyway I see no reason why this is being discussed.

Transformers on the other hand looks fantastic. Ironhide FTW!! He looks better than he EVER did before.

lol...yup that pretty much sums it up ^ simple.

lmao

Apparentely to remind people of how much SR sucked...same thing happened over at the Spider Man 3 boards...and probably over at the FF forums as well...

LOL.

That saddens me. :csad:

Leave Superman alone...he'll do better next time (he better!!! :cmad:).

Has anyone tried looking at the clips on Youtube today? NONE of them work anymore... :confused:

within 5 years companies like Viacom will end up like IBM did in the early 80's :cmad:

the 270 for Superman Returns also includes costs that they spent on the unfinished Superman Lives (Nicholas Cage even got paid even though all he did were test fittings). the money WB spent from the time Singer climbed aboard until completion was roughly $200.

still...$200 mil for a mediocre Superman movie is ridiculous when you look at the trailers for the $150 mil Transformers.
As much as I actually love Superman Returns, I have to agree! It's incredible what Bay has done in TF for 150 mill!:woot:

Superman Returns box office compared to its production costs did poorly...not great. When a movie costs 270 mil to produce and only pulls in 200 mil domestic, how does that make it a box office hit?

Worldwide:$391,081,192

120,000,000 million in profit ain't to shabby for a movie, close to a 50% return on your investment...which doesn't include toy merchandise and dvd sales.

Worldwide:$391,081,192

120,000,000 million in profit ain't to shabby for a movie, close to a 50% return on your investment...which doesn't include toy merchandise and dvd sales.

Smack.

Qwerty©;11806756 said:
It had an emotionally involved story, but I don't think you care about that.

No one did. It's Superman, not The Piano.

As much as I actually love Superman Returns, I have to agree! It's incredible what Bay has done in TF for 150 mill!:woot:

How much did he really spend on sets though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"