MTV Movie Awards

Yea but to be honest, The Dark Knight Rises action scenes didn't stand a chance against the scenes in Avengers particularly the New York Battle. The fight scenes in DKR were disappointing the only stand out was the short sewer battle.

I enjoyed DKR at the time, but as time goes on I'm realizing how forgettable that movie is, especially compared to the first two. It's not a bad film, but it's paint by the numbers, and really stands out of place compared to the first two. It really reminds me of X3, it wasn't terrible, and parts were actually pretty good, but it's just not memorable. Spider-man 3 was by far a worse movie, but at least I remember it, even for all it's flaws.

Shocked that TDKR didn't win best fight & a bit surprised that Hardy didn't win for best villain over Hiddleston

Hiddleston was 10x more diabolical in my opinion. I loved Hardy but he just didn't capture me like Hiddelston did plus following a fantastic performance like Ledger was tough and really Hardy had no chance to live up to that.

meh hiddleson was'nt any different from his role in thor was'nt really anything new

hardy gave a more powerful performance also imo

meh hiddleson was'nt any different from his role in thor was'nt really anything new

hardy gave a more powerful performance also imo

Exactly I how I feel.. I like Hiddleston but he didn't seem all that powerful or convincing enough like Hardy. Just my 2 cents

Hiddleston was 10x more diabolical in my opinion. I loved Hardy but he just didn't capture me like Hiddelston did .plus following a fantastic performance like Ledger was tough and really Hardy had no chance to live up to that.

Very true, but I do think Hardy did a great job holding his own.

I think Bardem was better than both. Was able to the creepy forcefulness of Hardy and the malevolent mischief of Hiddleston at the same time.

I think Bardem was better than both. Was able to the creepy forcefulness of Hardy and the malevolent mischief of Hiddleston at the same time.

Yup. But this is MTV so I don't think Bardem had any chance anyway.

I'm fine with Hiddleston winning over Hardy too. He was very enjoyable to watch.

Actually not that uncommon at events for the ladies to take heels off at their seats and if she was drinking like its being reported I can actually see how this happened and how she would be shoeless, hilarious either way though.
I think she may have to did it because of the Koala thing, Rebel zoomed right past her doing that bit and she seemed ****ing pissed lol

I think she may have to did it because of the Koala thing, Rebel zoomed right past her doing that bit and she seemed ****ing pissed lol
Aubrey Plaza, pissed about something? That's a shock :o

And when she sat back down in her seat she spilled her drink, so yeah she might have been smashed but at the same time that's how she always looks.

One of my favorite Bond villians, but I think Hiddleston is going to be remembered more for Loki than either of the other actors is for their roles. Bardem will be remembered more for No Country for Old Men.

I just watched it on my DVR. It's the first time I've watched since '09. A couple of things:

1. Rebel Wilson had a few funny moments.

2. I love drunk Aubrey Plaza. And (sober) Emma Watson.

3. That's probably the last time Taylor Lautner will win any award. :o

4. I was loving the Avengers love, but I still think Tom Hardy should have won Best Villain. But fangirls love Tom Hiddleston, so there you have it. At least it was Loki. It's also probably the first time a movie that actually deserved to win the Best Movie Award won since Return of the King.

5. I liked the Catching Fire trailer. That's probably going to sweep the next MTV Movie Awards.

Hunger Games swept so I think we could see Catching Fire so the same.

As time has past The Dark Knight Rises quality has just gone downhill. Even when I first saw it it theaters I was underwhelmed with it. It a good movie just forgettable and is the weakest of the Batman movies. Avengers was more entertaining and memorable for sure. Dark Knight blows rises away any day followed by begins.

^take that **** somewhere else

Just stating my opinions. Not bashing the movie it's good but not godly or epic like nolanites here like to claim. In my humble opinion Avengers trumps it. Again not bashing or trolling just my opinion.

What are you talking about? Loki in Thor was presented as a dark tortured soul, but he was just an outright bastard in The Avengers.

^take that **** somewhere else

Like where? He's in a MOVIE AWARDS THREAD talking about TWO MOVIES THAT WERE NOMINATED. It's relevant. He's not trolling or anything. It's not like he's saying TDKR SUCKS!!!!! He even says it in his post that he thinks it's a good movie.

What are you talking about? Loki in Thor was presented as a dark tortured soul, but he was just an outright bastard in The Avengers.

Like where? He's in a MOVIE AWARDS THREAD talking about TWO MOVIES THAT WERE NOMINATED. It's relevant. He's not trolling or anything. It's not like he's saying TDKR SUCKS!!!!! He even says it in his post that he thinks it's a good movie.

Something tells me that If I had been praising DKR he wouldn't have had a problem.....

I'm glad Hiddleston and TA won. It's a first when I actually agree with an outcome to an MTV awards show but there it is. I don't see why Mumbles McNonThreatening and his plodding, slow rather boring fight with B-man even was ever a serious contender.

Something tells me that If I had been praising DKR he wouldn't have had a problem.....
Yeah, you and I had a similar discussion during the awards and no bashing or whatever came of it. TDKR isn't the god of films, it is good, but it has flaws.

I said when Bane was first announced as the villain that I thought it was a weak choice. I would have much rather seen Nolan's take on Penguin, or Riddler. I think Bane is one of Batman's weakest villains in his rogue gallery.

Ultimately Hiddleston will be remembered for Loki, and Hardy will not be remembered for Bane, but part of that is not his fault, he has to wear a mask, and the voice is unintelligible.

I don't think Hardy did a bad job, in fact I think he did a good job, but Loki was very charismatic and Hiddleston's performance makes you love the character, and even sympathize with him.

Shocked that TDKR didn't win best fight & a bit surprised that Hardy didn't win for best villain over Hiddleston
If you notice the MTV awards track record, almost 99% of the winners will be in attendance there, Hardy wasn't at the ceremony therefore he wasn't going to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"