Multiple companies reportedly looking to buy Square Enix

Square have since denied receiving any approaches after the Japan market close. The stock was up 12%.

Interesting.

I was thinking last month if Sony should acquire something, then Square eniX would be a good fit. Just Cause and Tomb Raider would be inline with their 3rd person action adventure games, and the narrative for those franchises could be better under Sony. While Sony already have a deal with the recent Final Fantasy games as console eXclusives for the PlayStation. And oh that Avengers game could be salvaged by sony with a sequel.

I don't want Microsoft to acquire Square as I just played the last 3 TR games and I would hate missing out on the new one.

Call me skeptical. Which is to say, call me when there is any actual evidence, as opposed to "some rumors say. . ."

MS was rumored to be buying another a big name company after Bethesda.

Call me skeptical. Which is to say, call me when there is any actual evidence, as opposed to "some rumors say. . ."
Well, the source is Bloomberg Japan which is not a simple random blogsite.

Call me skeptical as well but on Squeenix's honest response. Could be a tactic to play "hard to get" or their equivalent of Tatiana Maslany denying she's playing She-Hulk... We shall see. :hehe:

Part of my doubt is that Microsoft just bought Bethesda, haven't even finished "digesting" that purchase, and now they are going to buy another company that is both even bigger *and* has cultural complication? I don't buy it.

What I *would* buy is that Microsoft ( and others ) are in talks to buy Square-Enix's western studios, in particular Eidos. Those have been something of a hassle for Square-Enix ever since they bought them, and there have been rumors for a while that Square wishes to divest. Doubly so since they actually *did* divest IO Interactive.

Part of my doubt is that Microsoft just bought Bethesda, haven't even finished "digesting" that purchase, and now they are going to buy another company that is both even bigger *and* has cultural complication? I don't buy it.

What I *would* buy is that Microsoft ( and others ) are in talks to buy Square-Enix's western studios, in particular Eidos. Those have been something of a hassle for Square-Enix ever since they bought them, and there have been rumors for a while that Square wishes to divest. Doubly so since they actually *did* divest IO Interactive.
That does make sense. Eidos also has PC appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"