Sequels Multiverse/Spiderverse: now many Spider-Men can show up in such a film?

I ain't sure many in the audience would have any idea who Hammond is. I mean i remember watching abit of it as a kid in the 90s but if he was to show up on screen i wouldn't recognise who it is unless they straight up said who it was in detail.

I ain't sure many in the audience would have any idea who Hammond is. I mean i remember watching abit of it as a kid in the 90s but if he was to show up on screen i wouldn't recognise who it is unless they straight up said who it was in detail.

They could still do it. Just have him be on a bus or reading a newspaper or something. Fans will spot it eventually ala Jake Gylanhall in disguise in FFH.

They could still do it. Just have him be on a bus or reading a newspaper or something. Fans will spot it eventually ala Jake Gylanhall in disguise in FFH.
Good suggestion but I want him to suit up as well.

With more rumoured villains than just Sinister Six, what if they bring every bad guy since 2002 back, including Hardy's Venom?
There must be a lot of Spider-Men then.
Daredevil and a couple of low-tier Avengers can help in the fight as well. But our heroes are desperately outmatched.
Remember the portals opening in Endgame. This happens in a similar way, in another big battlefield. All the Spideys jump out and strike a cool pose: Maguire, Andrew, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, Hammond, Todō... even DiCaprio
Holland shouting SPIDER-VERSE ASSEMBLE

Please don't shout Spiderverse Assemble :dry:

We get that but there is literally 0 chance of any if that happening. Holland, Maguire and Garfield? Sure we can speculate. Too many reports and trades

But the likely hood if any spider people outside of possibly Venom is unlikely. They don't wanna turn this into Spider-Verse. They just want the nostalgia points

We get that but there is literally 0 chance of any if that happening. Holland, Maguire and Garfield? Sure we can speculate. Too many reports and trades

But the likely hood if any spider people outside of possibly Venom is unlikely. They don't wanna turn this into Spider-Verse. They just want the nostalgia points
What are you talking about? Andrew, Molina and Foxx are already confirmed. Maguire will soon be.
There WILL be more spidey-related stuff than only Hardy's Venom

I'm 34 and yet I literally never even knew there was a western live action Spider-man series until people here started asking for it to cross over with this movie. Whereas I actually did know about the Japanese Spider-man show (albeit, solely due to people posting YouTube videos of it as a meme).

So it's definitely not something like, say, Adam West's Batman, Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman, or Lou Ferrigno's Hulk when it comes to cultural significance.

Good suggestion but I want him to suit up as well.

With more rumoured villains than just Sinister Six, what if they bring every bad guy since 2002 back, including Hardy's Venom?
There must be a lot of Spider-Men then.
Daredevil and a couple of low-tier Avengers can help in the fight as well. But our heroes are desperately outmatched.
Remember the portals opening in Endgame. This happens in a similar way, in another big battlefield. All the Spideys jump out and strike a cool pose: Maguire, Andrew, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, Hammond, Todō... even DiCaprio
Holland shouting SPIDER-VERSE ASSEMBLE

61O5eAdNVEL.jpg

Last edited:
I would be surprised if Venom appeared, but it would be a convenient way to give him his spider powers and symbol. They could even set up an awkward interaction or fight with Tobey's Spider-man when he sees Venom.

Andrew is not "confirmed" by Sony, but he's coming.

I'm 34 and yet I literally never even knew there was a western live action Spider-man series until people here started asking for it to cross over with this movie.
I'm curious about how you possible never knew about the Hammond series.
I imagine you have been online since the turn of the century. That means you were in your early teens back then.
Have you liked Spider-Man and superheroes all that time?
Then it would be a bit unusual that you never heard about it, for 20 years of surfing the Internet (a number of film forums, different sites related to comic books).
There's also IMDb where every live action Spider-Man is listed and can reached with a quick search. Did you never found about it there either?

What about actual comic books? Do you have a collection of older ones? Some fans do.
Then the Hammond version surely was mentioned at least in one of the issues (in fan letters) or even seen (commercial pictures).

One answer is that you maybe you only have been a superhero fan during the last couple of years.

We all know about the Collider article, but for me is no confirmation. Back some years ago when the Deadpool movie was announced and they ran the article about it, they mentioned that Feige is producing the movie. And it turned out to be false.
So, yeah ...

THR, Deadline, Variety, Sony/Marvel or bust.

Do you remember who from Collider wrote the Deadpool article?

I'm curious about how you possible never knew about the Hammond series.
I imagine you have been online since the turn of the century. That means you were in your early teens back then.
Have you liked Spider-Man and superheroes all that time?
Then it would be a bit unusual that you never heard about it, for 20 years of surfing the Internet (a number of film forums, different sites related to comic books).
There's also IMDb where every live action Spider-Man is listed and can reached with a quick search. Did you never found about it there either?

What about actual comic books? Do you have a collection of older ones? Some fans do.
Then the Hammond version surely was mentioned at least in one of the issues (in fan letters) or even seen (commercial pictures).

One answer is that you maybe you only have been a superhero fan during the last couple of years.

I'm a superhero fan insofar as I love superhero movies and superhero cartoons, so I'm fairly casual compared to how involved I am with stuff like Star Wars and Transformers. Still, I knew about Adam West's Batman since before I can remember, and have known about the live action WW and Hulk shows since I was a kid as well, despite the fact that I never watched them. Those are the superhero shows that have achieved an iconic status that a casual movie audience will understand.

I'm curious. Which was spoken about first, the 'multiverse with Affleck and Keaton returning' for the Flash movie, of the 'multiverse with Maguire and Garfield returning' for Spider-Man 3? I honestly don't remember.

I would lose my **** if somehow Nicholas Hammond showed up.

It they had the tenor sax/ funky wah bass guitar Spider-Man theme from the 70s Hammond series that would truly be the sound of music to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"