Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley

As long as it’s not about his son following in his footsteps.

They already tried that and failed.

Eddie Murphy Explains Why 'Beverly Hills Cop' Series Wasn’t Picked Up

Back in 2013, CBS was hard at work on a television adaptation of the popular movie series. The show was set to star Brandon T. Jackson as the son of Murphy’s Axel Foley, and Murphy himself was set to reprise his character in the pilot episode.

beverlyhillscop1.jpg

Poor Brandon T. Jackson failed twice at that lol

d6bc5872-855f-40a3-a35d-25b60e37ff72_1.7ee9ea4becb901f5ea399bbd02d0d07e.jpeg

vHHZT8lZwHgqJokTJC3GYg_h_3JQ9nAhyUu0mkAd6XRVgOSsCHwFP1-lkg4H8wd4Jv9dI71PMw1B6W_vhTYbaBb4MTXvNxu_BnqlVD8IGZV_OVbHwvYcoq2WAypD0gS9Tg

Last edited:
Was the pilot episode ever released? I’d be interested in watching it just to see what could have been and if it is indeed terrible enough that CBS passed on it

It hasn't. Which is odd. Even that David E. Kelly Wonder Woman pilot got leaked. Only a few behind-the-scenes pics released like above.

Just for reference, the last Beverly Hills Cop movie came out 28 years ago.

They really won't give Eddie a chance with a big screen release.

For good reason. The third movie was a box office dud. Also, it came out 28 years ago.

Dolemite Is My Name was a good movie and role for Eddie Murphy, but it was also released straight to streaming.

Last edited:
If Rosewood is not in this, not watching.

"Hold it! Billy! I need your help, man!"

"Alright, Axel!"

You need Rosewood and Taggert. The third one only had Rosewood and he really wasn’t as funny without his partner.

I’m shockingly excited for this, but I know expectations have to be tempered because legacy sequels are way too hit or miss.

Had no idea this had even been greenlit yet alone actually filming. Wonder what other franchises are left to revive now.

Hopefully it's like the first 2 films and not watered down like the 3rd one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"