Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley

for every 5 crappy movies murphy does...in a row...theres usually one gem...this could be the one...I love all three BHC movies...I would love to see a 4th. All the other great 80's action franchises are getting reboots...why not this? Murphy has revived his career more than once in two decades...i have faith.

You know..i was actually warming to the idea of another BHC movie with Ratner at the helm. I think he could actually do a good job with this material but after reading what what his intentions are i'm not so sure.:(

Doesn't Eddie Murphy know that people are dying to see him do some R Rated stuff again?
for every 5 crappy movies murphy does...in a row...theres usually one gem...this could be the one...I love all three BHC movies...I would love to see a 4th. All the other great 80's action franchises are getting reboots...why not this? Murphy has revived his career more than once in two decades...i have faith.
I thought he was pretty good in Dreamgirls but after critical and financial success of that film he signed on to more PG 13 comedies.:dry:

You just can't make a PG BHC film... It's just not possible.

I just watched the first one...It makes me even more sad for this ones direction..."I'll just have to write in my article that Michael Jackson is sitting on top of the world, but he better not sit at the Beverly Hills Hilton, because they don't allow no ******* in there!"

I just watched the first one...It makes me even more sad for this ones direction..."I'll just have to write in my article that Michael Jackson is sitting on top of the world, but he better not sit at the Beverly Hills Hilton, because they don't allow no ******* in there!"

*Sigh*

When Eddie Murphy was funny. :csad:

You beat me to it, Hunter. :oldrazz:

And... I'm sad.. and sort of glad. I did want to see Axel Foley back.

Hmm oh well that sucks, watch they will make the film with some one else playing the character or its remake.

Sucks, but a PG Beverly Hills Cop would have been awful, and unless he planned on doing Inglorious Bastards, which I doubt the article is right. He really hasn't done anything good in a long time. Him going back to Stand Up is great!

Nice, if Murphy could act in the same style as the first 2 BHC films I think Murphy could do well. He seems to have gone the way of the Will Ferrell over exaggerated comedy style

I was hoping the rumor of him qutting films to go back to stand up was true the man belongs on the stage if you ask me it's been overdue.

I grew up loving BHC and even BHC II still enjoy them to this day but the third was painful though now I could actually sit through it something that used to be impossible. So I don't think they should even bother with the 4th let sleeping dogs lie.

I didn't see a thread for this. If there is one, merge/delete:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24880042/

MSNBC said:
Eddie Murphy to star in ‘Beverly Hills Cop 4’
Actor will reprise his role as detective Axel Foley; Brett Ratner may direct

070801_murphy_vmed_1p.widec.jpg

Comedian Eddie Murphy will reprise his role as detective Axel Foley in a fourth installment of “Beverly Hills Cop,” according to Variety.

MSNBC News Services
LOS ANGELES - If Indiana Jones can make a successful comeback after almost 20 years, why not the Beverly Hills Cop?

Paramount Pictures has given the go-ahead for a fourth installment of its “Beverly Hills Cop” franchise, with Eddie Murphy on board to return to the role that launched his movie career, the studio said on Thursday.

Brett Ratner, the filmmaker behind the similarly themed ”Rush Hour” movies starring Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan, is in negotiations to direct the latest “Beverly Hills Cop” adventure, a Paramount spokesman said.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura (”Transformers”) will produce.

The film is expected to begin filming next year for a summer 2010 release.

According to Daily Variety, it was Murphy, 47, who approached the Viacom Inc-owned studio about reviving the film series in which he plays a Detroit police detective, Axel Foley, who ends up chasing crooks in Beverly Hills, California.

The original 1984 film and its two sequels, the last of which opened in 1994, collectively grossed more than $735 million in theaters worldwide, according to Box Office Mojo. The first movie alone took in over $316 million globally. The film spawned two sequels in 1987 and 1994, respectively.

The decision to make “Beverly Hills Cop IV” follows Paramount’s success with the revival of its “Indiana Jones” franchise after 19 years. The fourth film in that series, “The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,” opened last May and grossed nearly $152 million in its first five days in domestic release.

Murphy’s last two films, the live-action comedy “Norbit” and the animated storybook satire “Shrek the Third,” in which he supplied the voice of a talking donkey, grossed $159 million and $799 million worldwide, respectively, according to Box Office Mojo.

Murphy was last seen in the comedy “Meet Dave." He recently wrapped shooting on the comedy “NowhereLand,” alongside Thomas Haden Church.'

Reuters and Access Hollywood contributed to this report.

----------

CFE

Last edited:
Does anyone else really give a flying crap about this guy anymore? He is waaaaaay past his prime and hasn't been in anything worth spending any precious moments of your life watching in almost a decade, if not longer.

...and is it just me, or does he seem like a massive dukee bag to everyone else?

If Eddie can somehow bring it back to the first two, it should be good. Brett's fairly good with these kind of movies, so I'm hopeful.

I guess after the Meet Dave debacle, Murphy is desperate for a hit so he decides to resurrect his old franchise. Honestly, I doubt it'd be any good, and as Indy 4 indicated, not everyone is so nostagic that they'd see a fourth movie on a series.

This sort of reminds me of Tugg Speedman and the Scorcher thing in Tropic Thunder.

Does anyone else really give a flying crap about this guy anymore? He is waaaaaay past his prime and hasn't been in anything worth spending any precious moments of your life watching in almost a decade, if not longer.

...and is it just me, or does he seem like a massive dukee bag to everyone else?

Here, here!

If I had any respect for Eddie Murphy, I lost at after seeing a preview for Norbit.

If they can go back to what made Beverly Hills Cop so good I would love to see it. Murphy has to be reminded why he was so good in the first place. He seems more like Jim Carrey lately with his overthetop voices and facial expressions. This definitely has potential to revive Murphys career or the last nail in his comedy coffin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"