Music Is Magic - The Composer of the Strange - Speculation Thread

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Who would be the best choice to compose the score for Dr. Strange and why?

It seems like a pretty safe bet that the composer for this movie will most likely be Christopher Young, who's worked with Derrickson before. Young has done some superhero scores for Marvel before (Ghostrider, Spiderman 3) but the his "Drag me to Hell" piece, concerto of hell, is by far his most popular.

However, if they don't go with Young, it would be nice if they found a composer who could mix traditional instruments with other worldly sounds.

It seems like a pretty safe bet that the composer for this movie will most likely be Christopher Young, who's worked with Derrickson before. Young has done some superhero scores for Marvel before (Ghostrider, Spiderman 3) but the his "Drag me to Hell" piece, concerto of hell, is by far his most popular.

However, if they don't go with Young, it would be nice if they found a composer who could mix traditional instruments with other worldly sounds.

I agree to this. The guy also did a seriously messed up soundtrack for Sinister.

[YT]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1qvPNi7jvRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YT]

link above does not work

I don't even know what music would be great for doctor strange? Something atmospheric?

Maybe Garry Schyman, the guy who did the music for bioshock

I'd go with Christopher Young also. He's got both horror and superhero movie composing experience.

Hi Guys i'm new here and i was wondering if i wrote about a 30 second sample for a fan theme could you guys maybe give me some input cause i want to write a fan score that i know hardcore Dr. Strange fans will enjoy but for that i need your input so would you mind giving it a listen and tell me what you think? and what i should change to make it better?

I hope pretty soon if the film's out at the end of the year lol

Is there rage in that thread? It seems pretty amicable whenever I stick my head in every now and then.

It'll be interesting to see which direction they would go in. For a while I thought Danny elfman would have it for sure but I'm kind of glad he's not since he might make it too whimsical.

Michael Giacchino tweeted this....

Things are about to get, well... really STRANGE.

ChvEm5sUUAAd36B.jpg

Michael Giacchino is ****ing brilliant! But I was hoping Christopher Young would do the score :(

Oh wow it's going to have an epic score then!

Giacchino is a great composer, so this is good news

Fantastic choice (top 5 composer imo). I mean Incredibles, Up, Zootopia, Inside Out ? Yes please. Even though he has a lot on his plate this year I hope it doesn't affect him in the slightest and he gives us something strange in a good way. His first superhero film (not counting Incredibles) so interested in what he's going to bring to the table.

Great to hear he's on board. I would've liked him for a different Marvel movie though. Hopefully it means he'll be open to doing other Marvel films apart from this one.

Oh, wow. Finally, apart from a couple Marvel movies, the scores have been pretty unremarkable. Maybe we can finally get that one distinctively great Marvel score that these movies deserve so much.

I've been waiting for Giacchino to do Marvel. Now that I think of it, Doctor Strange seems logical match. Big hopes for the ost now!

Ant-Man sounds like something he could've composed. That's one of the best Marvel themes.

I was kind of hoping for Christopher Young, a frequent collaborator with Scott Derrickson. Plus I really enjoyed his Spider-Man 3 score.

Nothing against Giacchino either, who is one of the best in the business. I guess I just wanted someone different or unique, kind of like Christophe Beck with Ant-Man.

Michael Giacchino Composing New Marvel Studios Fanfare

Film Music Reporter said:
It was announced at Comic-Con today that Michael Giacchino composed a fanfare for the new logo of Marvel Studios, which will be playing in front of all future Marvel feature releases. The music was recorded a couple of weeks ago at Abbey Road Studios in London. Check out the fanfare after the jump. Giacchino is currently scoring his first movie for Marvel, Doctor Strange directed by Scott Derrickson and starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Rachel McAdams., which will be released on November 4, 2016. Brian Tyler has previously composed a fanfare for Marvel, which was featured in front of several Marvel productions over the last couple of years.

[YT]tXRJ7ozUJb0[/YT]

Not bad. Sounds like Giacchino put his own spin on Tyler's fanfare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"