The Defenders MVP of the Defenders?

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Please only vote after watching all of season 1

Can't just vote one. Matt and Jessica were great together in this.

Gotta be Jessica though Luke and Matt were quite good. Danny is finally likeable.

Someone not on this list. Scott Glenn as Stick!

Character or acting? Kristen Ritter has the most talent. Jessica is basically a cold, dark ***** and Kristen is just this cute huggable doll

Ritter is probably one of the few people I think does likable snarky really well.

We need someone like that for Iron Fist. If they have to write Iron Fist as a tantrum throwing child, at least get someone who by the end of the Episode, still manages to be likeable. Finn Jones can actually be enjoyable to watch, if you write him as a carefree Danny Rand. But when he has to act angry, I just want to punch him in the face and root for the villain.

This will not be a popular opinion, but I have to give this vote to Iron Fist. The others were more or less the same as in their own shows, but they managed to significantly improve Danny Rand and make him more likable. His interactions with the other Defenders makes him shine more than in his solo series

Jessica Jones, she is just so likeable.

Iron Fist during the first few episodes but Daredevil for the last few episodes. Jessica was cool but I felt like Danny/Matt played a bigger role to the story.

Definitely DD with Jessica in second place. Love that they put her detective skills to work here to make her a genuine asset to the team outside of combat despitr having no history with the villains. Luke was sort of useless. Danny was basically a McGuffin.

Luke wasn't useless. He just had less personal ties to the conflict with the Hand. He played his role well, it's just he's not written to shine like say a Jessica Jones is.

I liked them all but Iron Fist was certainly the most improved. Danny was much more likable and his scenes were written more consistently. Also, a better showrunner meant more time to prepare stunts and it showed.

My favorite character is Iron Fist, but Daredevil was the mvp of the series.

Maybe I'm being a biased Daredevil fanboy here (he's one of my favorite comic characters ever) but I think Matt scores this one. He basically became the leader by the end, he had the most clear and distinct character arc (it reminded me a lot of Spider-Man 2) and the others seemed to mostly respect his experience. Luke and Jessica were great too, and Danny had his moments, but Daredevil was the MVP IMO.

Jessica Jones was easily the best character in the series. Matt felt too mopey, Cage didn't seem like he had enough to do after the first 3 episodes, and Danny was just there.

It was a toss up between Matt and Jessica for me but ultimately went with Jessica. Matt was just about as good as usual but I found myself really enjoying Jessica Jones in this.

I also felt that Danny was improved and the stunts were a lot better.

Would've voted for the Matt/Jessica duo if I could, because they totally made the show for me. But since I could only vote for one, I voted Jessica. I just don't think the show would've been half as enjoyable without her.

Ritter is probably one of the few people I think does likable snarky really well.
It's kind of a mind**** for me because the character of Jessica Jones reminds me so much of an older, alcoholic Veronica Mars. And yet the first place I saw Krysten Ritter was on Veronica Mars...as the overly peppy and cheerful chick that annoyed the hell out of Veronica, lol. It's a jarring contrast, she's talented as hell.

Last edited:
This is a tough one between Cox and Ritter. Matt is the heart of the show and Cox gave an A+ performance. However, Ritter as Jessica stole the damn show. The two had the advantage too of having the best story (Matt) and lines (Jessica). I went with Jessica just because her scenes will stay with me for quite a while.

I voted for JJ, but honestly it was kind of hard to choose between her and Matt. I wasn't the biggest JJ fan before either, but Ritter had some of the best lines in the show and my favorite scenes were her interactions with Cox. Danny also deserves some props too for being the most improved character even if it was mostly the first half of the show.

Last edited:
Daredevil, he had the best fights and pretty much the only one who had an interesting relationship with the antagonist. His motivations and train of thought was also more fascinating then the rest here. Though we saw far more of a complex, stronger choreographed and well written story in DD Season 2 with him and Elektra.

Jessica as entertaining as she is she can be was pretty predictable here imo and the action with her wasn't anything impressive. Like DD I've seen her written better with a story that was far more captivating. Like wise with Cage in her series. Outside of Iron Fist at times I didn't see any solid improvements or evolution with the characters imo. Nothing downright dreadful with them compared to their other series, just by the numbers and kinda dull.

Last edited:
Voted for Jess. Her an Matt had great chemistry.

Looking at the poll, no love for Luke so far. I have to ask, what went wrong with him in this?

I couldn't really connect with him either. I thought alot of his lines and delivery were kinda janky and forced.

Can't tell if it's the writing, or the acting.

I was amazed at how it truly felt like an ensemble. It wasn't too DD-heavy, though IF was very vital to the plot. Everyone got a fair share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"