My figure's poses/my collection

Discussion in 'Superhero Products' started by spideyboy_1111, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

well.. first off i must say im very impressed you went through 95 pages of this thread watching my collection grow. so go you :up:

but second, i've been collecting legends since before they were given the title... the pre-cursor to ML's were the Spider-man Classics wave... which i had always been a huge spidey fan so i bought those 2 lines, then came legends... so i just usually bought what was out at the time.. and paid retail for prolly 80% of my collection.

2. petey Registered

Hey man, no problem it is one great collection. I always find something different in every picture. So it was an honor to watch you collection grow. Im impressed by your attention to detail. Glad to see most of the negative feedback has passed on. BTW what stores are the best to locate figures at

3. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

right now? comic, specialty, and online. ML's are at an all time low right now. Walmart may be your best choice for current single carded figs of the new lines and Toys R us would be your best bet for the 2 packs. But anything that is more then a year old will be next to impossible to find retail.

4. Spider-Jay420 Welcome Back Peter Parker

I just found the Sue and Johnny 2pack and the Skrull/Kree 2pack at TRU!!! Sue looks great!! I'l post some pics later.

5. HCpride Registered

are you gonna replace ml5 sabretooth with the MS version

6. Spider-Jay420 Welcome Back Peter Parker

I'm not.

Of course, mine are all in a box anyway, so who cares?

7. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

no, i don't really need that fig.. and he'd not only be too big for ML's he's also considerably less poseable

8. Goldenage Batman More Hated then Feared

Dude I ****ing hate you and your awsome collection....

9. Roughneck Registered

And I love you for it ;)

10. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

update coming soon...

-skrull shelf
    -nemesis wave additions

11. Spider-Jay420 Welcome Back Peter Parker

Let's see it buddy.

12. Spider-Jay420 Welcome Back Peter Parker

Where's that update, man?

13. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

taking a bit.... i know, sorry. i still have that ikea shelf i need to put together, and decide what i want on it. thought about the X-men to clear out room in my closet, but that'd also mean dividing the team up... which im not sure how i feel about that... i could do..

-late 60's x-men (havok, marvel girl, pirate boots scott, angel)
    -jim lee era/ 90's x-men (wolverine, storm, gambit, rogue, beast, cyclops, iceman, nightcrawler, psylocke, colossus, archangel, phoenix)
    -modern x-men (emma, cyclops, beast, kitty, wolverine, xorn, nightcrawler, x-23, danger)

that just leaves the villains and some misc characters that im not sure where to place (cannonball, cable, domino, forge, bishop, rachel, deadpool, banshee, longshot)

figure some villains can go together -hellfire (emma/black queen/dark phoenix)
    brotherhood-(magneto, mystique, pyro, avalanche,blob, sabretooth, quicksilver, toad)
    aoa (sabretooth, wolverine, sunfire, apocalypse (big or small), sinister, holocaust)

but then that leaves... sinister, apocalypse big, mojo, onslaught, spiral, deathstrike, sentinels, and omega red kinda off...

so basically im just trying to group it all up to make the best sense i can... I plan on getting the 2 diamond select cyclop's for there danger room bases... i can put 2 together for a display... so one team/era can have the danger room, the other the mansion gates, and the other a sentinel attack or something....

14. Saint553 Registered

Ok ok ok, a couple of things:

1. Hi.

2. I've been watching this thread since the very beginning...when do I get some credit?

3. Your signature, while I totally agree with the purpose of it, is so grammatically incomprehensible that I did not understand what you were trying to say at first. I thought you were talking about Blackest Night and the lanterns.

15. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

want a cookie?

... wtf you smoking. it's not hard to read at all.

16. Spike_x1 Get off my bandwagon!

I don't think it's incomprehensible at all. Still, if you're saying that we should hope that Evil is conquered by Love, it should be "[...] let's hope Love conquers Evil." I added an apostrophe in "let's" and removed the comma between the words "love" and "conquers."

I can understand capitalizing the beginning of "love" and "evil" in that context, but there doesn't seem to be a reason to do it to "conquers." You also might want to think about changing the first comma in the sentence into a semicolon, or starting a whole new sentence at that point.

Those nitpicks don't make it unreadable in the least, though. At the end of the day, it's just a signature on an internet message board, so it's not like you're being graded on it.

#2391 Spike_x1, May 3, 2010
    Last edited: May 3, 2010
  17. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

sounds like boredom to nit pick grammar imo... it's extremely nit-pickish in life especially online. Only time people imo are allowed to hop on there grammar high horse is when 1) it's your boss, 2) when reviewing your resume, 3) turning in a piece of work (for a job or school), or 4) when it's horribly unreadable and can mean several different meanings. Otherwise it comes of pretty petty on the nit-pickers part.

18. Spike_x1 Get off my bandwagon!

Don't want an elixir of longevity? :oldrazz:
    I do agree with you, but I'm an English Major, so stuff like that really stands out in my eye, especially when it's in a signature that's prominently seen at the bottom of every single post. When it comes to grammar mistakes on the Hype, I'll sometimes think to myself, "Is the shift key really too hard to press and capitalize the name you're typing? Why in the world did you put a comma there? Etc." But then I remember that even I don't really care about those things on a message board when all is said and done, and I also don't make a big effort to stick to the rules when posting here either. I just happen to notice that stuff very easily, but as long as I can read it, then there's no real problem.

#2393 Spike_x1, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
  19. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

i get how people can be nit picky.. but people also have to realize most people like myself. don't watch the keyboard as we type. and it's more about typing quick to get the message out. if it's completely understandable and really simple/petty mistakes, i don't see why people feel the need to bring it up. It's like they want to make the person making the typos feel like a loser, but it usually ends up making them come off that way instead.

20. Goldenage Batman More Hated then Feared

Anyway how's that collection of yours coming along there spidertoy?...btw did you ever get that pm I sent you?...never answered back...:huh:

#2395 Goldenage Batman, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  21. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

what pm? sorry the hypes been really weird for me lately

22. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

and my collection is pretty much dead... i gotta find some of the 2 packs still but thats really been it... and a red hulk head... grr

23. sabetoonth Where You Get Those Eyes?

well when u can update: awesome

24. Goldenage Batman More Hated then Feared

That's ok I just wanted to tell you that I still have those Batman figures you wanted and I have other pre-DCUC Batman related figures up for rade. looking to reclaim my X-Men Marvel Legends/X-Men Classics related figs. I'll send you a list of figures that I'm looking for if you're still interested.... and ebay?...

25. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

the batman figs i'm looking for are basically...

-DCUC Joker
    -DCUC Riddler
    -DCUC Man-Bat
    -Catwoman (black)
    -Mr. Freeze (whichever is best)
    -Croc

as for marvel...
    1- Dum Dum
    1- Sharon Carter
    3-Shield Agents
    3-Hand Ninjas

Thread Status: