My Film Twist Of Fate (Teaser Trailer)

blueboy

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Here's the teaser for a film I'm shooting called Twist Of Fate. Clicking the photo will link you to Teaser Trailer Part II. The synopsis for the film is at the very bottom of the pic. Hope you enjoy and thanks for watching!

Twist of Fate tells the epic love story between Max Taylor and the mysterious Talaya. Max, a broken man who suffers from repressed memories of his deceased parents. Talaya, the alluring beauty, who’s much more than meets the eye. When Max & Talaya finally meet, a sweeping romance begins, leading to a climatic Twist of Fate.

Is there a sex scene? I'll only watch it if theres penetration.

lol within the context of the movie, you can visually imagine an extremely intense sex scene happening.

The trailer is stretched in a weird way on Myspace. It kind of gave me a headache.

Giving someone a headache is the last I wanna do! sorry about that man... Hope you were able to enjoy it somewhat...

hmmm...what kind of budget is this, if any...it sounds ok.

i'm not too into romance movies, and i think the cinemetography was a little shaky, but there was some cool shots in there

I have a teaser trailer on here too for my movie Temporary Skies, if you have time I'd love for you to check it out...it's under the Temporary Skies thread

It's a low budget film... Gotta love the romance movies no? lol...

I'll definitely check it out right now... Thanks for checking ouy my teaser too!

I thought it was cool. It was put together much better than a lot of films on here I've seen. Coming from a musicians perspective, I notice one shortcoming on a lot of low budget films that I feel kills the atmosphere/build up. I think that if you are making a film and doing so with cheaper cameras it is even more important that you do a lot of over dubbing. I don't know if anyone pays attention to the audio or cares as much about it as I may, but I think a lot of over dubbing will really give the movie a polish that it needs, and it will make it much more intense. A lot of high budget films do tons of dubbing, and it helps tons. Take for instance punching on movies. When someone gets punch and you keep the original audio it isn't as intense as when the director decides he wants to go and over dub the fight scenes, and "beefing up" the punches with a sound that would be added in over the punches. It just makes it so much more intense.

I'm not knocking your film, I actually thought it was very well put together for a low budget film, but I'm just offering some advice and hoping it will help.

NoName86... You and I are definitely on the same page! There is going to be a decent amount of ADR and so much work is going into the audio aspect of the film... That's one of the reasons I haven't released a preview with dialogue... The audio isn't ready yet...

I realized a lot of low budget films have bad audio and no matter how great the footage looks, the audio will take you out of the movie... Once we're finished shooting I'll be working hard on the Audio aspect of the film to make sure the ambience and tone of the actors voices is clear and consistent from shot to shot...

Appreciate your response and thanks for watching!

PS: What type of music do you do?

NoName86... You and I are definitely on the same page! There is going to be a decent amount of ADR and so much work is going into the audio aspect of the film... That's one of the reasons I haven't released a preview with dialogue... The audio isn't ready yet...

I realized a lot of low budget films have bad audio and no matter how great the footage looks, the audio will take you out of the movie... Once we're finished shooting I'll be working hard on the Audio aspect of the film to make sure the ambience and tone of the actors voices is clear and consistent from shot to shot...

Appreciate your response and thanks for watching!

PS: What type of music do you do?

I'm mostly into Hip Hop and some Rock, but I've kinda left it all behind for orchestral and film scoring. I started out doing Hip Hop, grew tired of it, and so I went on to rock and am learning guitar now. I've always played keys/piano though, and I fortunately had enough money at one point to buy me a Korg workstation, and so I pretty much have every instrument I could possibly need at my finger tips now....except choirs :( The choirs aren't so great on it, and some day I'm looking to get my hands on a certain software that will help tremendously with that. But yea, I'm definitely in to epic film music more than anything.

Sweet bat theme! It sounds like you had a long history as far as trying to figure out what route you wanna take musically... But it looks like you definitely found your niche... I'm a big fan of anything Batman related... If my profile pic wasn't already obvious!

And good composer is always hard to find... I added you on myspace too... It's always good to network...

Thanks for that add. Overtone Sound was something I started last spring, and I was building a site for it and all, but after a while the artists I were working with kinda lost touch, and to be honest I wasn't really feeling maybe 85% of the project. It was ok, but it wasn't the direction I initially was going. Come this spring though, after my domain for overtone sound expires, I'll be starting a new and going solo with my stuff. Opening a website for general media. I'll have art I've done, music, etc. It'll be pretty cool.

If you need some sound stuff though just let me know. I find it hard to take a lot of films I've seen on here seriously, but this one I feel I can take seriously. Even your teaser image looks good.

Damn, and you were paying for the website too? Overtone Sound is a pretty cool name too.. But i understand, gotta start new and get yourself out there....

Thanks man... Really appreciate it... Last time I had that teaser sitting online waiting for music for 4 months! The film's composer was taking so long so I found another person to score the teaser. I'd rather not wait a whole 4 months again... I finally figured out what's going to be in the first trailer so you should indeed be hearing from me lol...

You know, if you're up for it I could probably help out with some photoshop stuff too...

Maybe some posters? Mock posters to put your site can only help. Just tryna help. I've done it a few times for fun, so maybe if you don't already have someone doing it I can give it a spin and see what we can come up with.

By the way, what kind of sound are you looking for here? I have seen just enough from your teaser that gives me a "airy piano" vibe. I can go epic strings or something too lol. I obviously want to see where you want to go with this seeing as how it is your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"