My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

I kind of have to laugh at the notion of people claiming this one looks “cheap” and then creating fan edits using a BLATANTLY cheaper costume. Like, one of those does in fact look like cosplay imo, and it ain’t the one we’re getting.
I understand not liking the suit (there are multiple aspects of it I don't care for) but it does feel like there's a fundamental aversion to creativity going on here. Like the only way for the suit to be a valid take is for it to look exactly like every other Superman costume ever.

In fairness, most reinventions of the suit are basically

_sHsnUq77Ida7DDIB0b1ZqRebes=.gif

I am hoping the suit allows us to see how much work David has done to create a Superman physique. It would be a shame if he did so much work, and took so much time, for it to be overlooked

I'm sure at some point we will see a shirtless David.

So yesterday, there were some pictures of the suit that were leaked via a picture of a newspaper... i'm not going to say where one can find them, but if you do a simple Google or duck duck go search you'll be able to find them easily, my question is, even though it's a picture of a picture and the picture itself is not the best quality, what do you think?

Personally, i'm not a fan at all

So yesterday, there were some pictures of the suit that were leaked via a picture of a newspaper... i'm not going to say where one can find them, but if you do a simple Google or duck duck go search you'll be able to find them easily, my question is, even though it's a picture of a picture and the picture itself is not the best quality, what do you think?

One can find them in the Set Pics thread, and they’ve been discussed extensively (along with all the other set pics from yesterday) in the News and Speculation thread.

I think it’s all looking pretty damn great, personally!

(Edit: Late to respond by 2 minutes!)

Those pics have already been posted — and thoroughly analyzed :nerd: — in other threads. But as you say, the image quality is (understandably) poor. So it’d be rather unfair to make an evaluation of the suit based on deficient evidence.

And I see where I messed up, I didn't scroll all the way down... thank you

I'm leaning toward liking it now. I was pretty neutral before.

I wasn't a fan of Pattinson's Batsuit at first (still strange, sometimes). But seeing it in some shots and in motion changed all. Maybe that will happen here too, and I hope so! It's not a bad costume, just not what we're expecting, but still keeping the classic elements.

I can't make a decision on whether I like the suit overall until we've actually seen it in full. Even in the recent pic where the trunks are more visible, it's so obscured... and that's the area I'm the most uncertain about whether I like.

I know I don't like the collar. The emblem has grown on me. I don't mind the texture of the suit. I love the colours.

But (and I say this as a trunks fan generally) I'm not sure I'm loving the look of the trunks.

Pleaaaaase let us see the whole thing clearly soon!

P.s. even if I dislike the suit overall, it won't effect my optimism for this movie based on everything else.

IF the \S/ is back on the cape, I can forgive the boots and collar.

Last edited:
The suit is probably the only thing that has me feeling "meh". The casting, the set designs we've seen, overall feel on point for a Superman movie. But the suit... I just don't understand why Gunn hired such a big dude to play Superman and put him in a suit that covers up his shoulders and neck with the collar/shoulder pads suit. Superman is invulnerable, he doesn't need a lot of padding on his suit or body armor. Show that physique off, man. Come on.

He's still very clearly a big dude lol that suit is not hiding that.

There's such a gorgeous classic design feel in all the Metropolis signage we've been seeing, those trunks with a classic 'S' and old school suit material showing off David's build would have been perfect. A higher budget version of this would fit right in;

SupermanAndLoisHeader.jpg

The Captain America military suit, minimalist Kingdom Come S and collar so obviously new 52 inspired, it feels like such a miss match. Would love to be proven wrong in the next shots we get.

There's such a gorgeous classic design feel in all the Metropolis signage we've been seeing, those trunks with a classic 'S' and old school suit material showing off David's build would have been perfect. A higher budget version of this would fit right in;

SupermanAndLoisHeader.jpg

The Captain America military suit, minimalist Kingdom Come S and collar so obviously new 52 inspired, it feels like such a miss match. Would love to be proven wrong in the next shots we get.

Honestly, it would be easier for me to like David's costume if it weren't for the collar and KC style emblem.

Hell, I would have no problem with seeing David wear Tyler's costume from the photo above for the entire duration of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"