My personal wish list

ok, so for my wish list...it's basically the personality and mannerisms of Clark:

To deflect suspicion that he is Superman, Clark Kent adopted a largely passive and introverted personality with conservative mannerisms, a higher-pitched voice and a slight slouch. This personality is typically described as "mild-mannered," perhaps most famously by the opening narration of Max Fleischer's Superman animated theatrical shorts. These traits extended into Clark's wardrobe, which typically consists of a bland-colored business suit, a red necktie, black-rimmed glasses (which in Pre-Crisis stories had lenses of Kryptonian material that would not be damaged when he fired his heat vision through them), combed-back hair, and occasionally a fedora.

I wish Lex is like this...

[YT]LHqFU0h4fZA[/YT]

how about clark not wearing glasses when he is in the farm like he was here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wehGfglnzyA it doesn't make sense to me that in singers movie he was wearing glasses when he doesnt need them... what is he doing? does he wear them as a fashion statement? why? why? why?

no glasses until he appears as superman and realizes he needs a disguise.... not before. not as a teen, and not until he needs to hide his identity

I saw some scans from Secret Origins of how they got him to wear them while he was young. Based on what I saw, they used it to help in case his heat vision went crazy. I assume they went the Smallville route and had it tied to him being horny since he said he "forgot" how it happened.

I guess it all depends on how "small" Smallville is. Is it so small that people haven't seen much of Clark? How tight-knit is the town?

To add to the idea of flashbacks, if they have them, I want them to actually count for something. I thought the SR was random and a waste of time however nice it was.

how about clark not wearing glasses when he is in the farm like he was here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wehGfglnzyA it doesn't make sense to me that in singers movie he was wearing glasses when he doesnt need them... what is he doing? does he wear them as a fashion statement? why? why? why?

no glasses until he appears as superman and realizes he needs a disguise.... not before. not as a teen, and not until he needs to hide his identity

On the pilot of Lois & Clark, he wore them all the way up until taking up the mantle of Superman, whether other people were around or not.

yea but they never give a clear explanation as to why he wears them... it doesn't make sense to me... and as a kid (like in superman returns) why would he wear them? do they do that in the comics?

yea but they never give a clear explanation as to why he wears them... it doesn't make sense to me... and as a kid (like in superman returns) why would he wear them? do they do that in the comics?

it is blatantly implied that as he got older certain powers started working. When he was younger he had poor vision which is why he had the glasses...and once he started hitting puberty his superpowers kicked in. I got that from the first time I watched the movie. I guess some people need it spelled out in front of their faces to understand things. Not trying to be rude but it was pretty easy to pick up on that.

I wanna see Luthorcorp Lex. And I want him as a sort of villain, because in my mind I have two ideas for possible trilogies:

1st idea:

Brainiac, Lex, Metallo. Lex is manipulated by B and is actually innocent, he also never comes into direct conflict either.

Doomsday- Unleashed by...

DARKSEID!!!

OR

Brainy, Lex, Metallo

Bizarro/Ultraman amalgam or *don't throw rocks* Zod

LEX!!!

I want no villain to revolve entirely around Kryptonite. No love at first sight crap with Lois. I want Jimmy how he is in All- Star. Clark should either act like an actual nerd, wear ill- fitting clothes, bad hair, glasses, looks a bit fat. OR be like some of the geek chic guys that wear 4 buttoned suits and horned rimmed glasses. I've had enough of Reeve's Supes. He was amazing, but let's move on.

it is blatantly implied that as he got older certain powers started working. When he was younger he had poor vision which is why he had the glasses...and once he started hitting puberty his superpowers kicked in. I got that from the first time I watched the movie. I guess some people need it spelled out in front of their faces to understand things. Not trying to be rude but it was pretty easy to pick up on that.

that doesn't imply anything according to what i saw in the returns movie since he was flying and was wearing glasses and from the tv series he looked like a grown man well past puberty and wearing glasses so i don't think you're right, and don't worry, whatever some guy i dont know tells me on the internet couldn't mean any less to me

I'm saying that ALL of his powers hadn't kicked in yet...Superman Returns, Smallville and Lois and Clark are all different entities

I would love to see the people go against superman. tanks, planes firing tons and tons of missiles to destroy him. and they thought they have killed superman.
then the real threat comes. people defeated; crying for help. superman returns and saves the day!!! they cheer for him in the end!!! hooray!!! :D

I reckon the film we be abit longer than 2 hours maybe 2 hours 20. 5 mins in Smallville seems to short to me
good point...my revised dream outline...

10 minutes of Krypton origin (this is how long it took for the intro into the Star Trek movie)
----------------10 minute mark
30 minutes chronicling Clark's journalism in Africa with 5 minutes of interlaced flashbacks of his childhood in Smallville
15 minutes back in Smallville with his parents making the decision to goto Metropolis and become Superman
----------------1 hour mark
10 minutes setting up Metropolis, Daily Planet and rest of main cast
5 minutes setting up major threat
5 minutes of Superman revelation and montage of heroic acts
20 minutes of Clark and Lois reporting and drama interlaced with occasional heroic act along with major threat reminders
----------------1 hour, 40 minute mark
10 minutes of major threat revelation with Superman's initial reaction
5 minutes of Clark retreating and rethinking game plan
15 minutes of climactic battle
5 minutes of resolution and outro

Total time: 2 hours, 15 minutes...not including beginning and ending credits

That was my point. It doesn't make sense. The glasses are a flimsy disguise but if they're ONLY a disguise, why wear them when nobody's around?

Exclude:
Lois and Clark/Superman in an intimate relationship.
Goofy Clark.
Plane rescue.
Any religious tone to Superman.
A.I. Jor-el or Lara.

ok, so for my wish list...it's basically the personality and mannerisms of Clark:

To deflect suspicion that he is Superman, Clark Kent adopted a largely passive and introverted personality with conservative mannerisms, a higher-pitched voice and a slight slouch. This personality is typically described as "mild-mannered," perhaps most famously by the opening narration of Max Fleischer's Superman animated theatrical shorts. These traits extended into Clark's wardrobe, which typically consists of a bland-colored business suit, a red necktie, black-rimmed glasses (which in Pre-Crisis stories had lenses of Kryptonian material that would not be damaged when he fired his heat vision through them), combed-back hair, and occasionally a fedora.

This is pretty much the way I see Clark and want Clark to be handled. I don't want Chris Reeve's slapstick Clark, but I do want Clark to be a very soft, retiring sort of character. To me, that's part of his strength as a reporter...he comes off so non-threatening that he puts people at ease.

I would just love them to come up with a new method that showcases his flight ability that not only raises the bar but sets the standard for future movies. I like to see Superman in flight especially during heavy duty action moments but would love to fly with him and see some of what he sees whenever possible. If the new movie can deliver that and a very engaging story then I will be happy.

This is pretty much the way I see Clark and want Clark to be handled. I don't want Chris Reeve's slapstick Clark, but I do want Clark to be a very soft, retiring sort of character. To me, that's part of his strength as a reporter...he comes off so non-threatening that he puts people at ease.

we finally agree on something! I do not think Clark should be aggressive at all...it just doesn't feel right to see him pushing for info

I would just love them to come up with a new method that showcases his flight ability that not only raises the bar but sets the standard for future movies. I like to see Superman in flight especially during heavy duty action moments but would love to fly with him and see some of what he sees whenever possible. If the new movie can deliver that and a very engaging story then I will be happy.

yep, yep.

good point...my revised dream outline...

10 minutes of Krypton origin (this is how long it took for the intro into the Star Trek movie)
----------------10 minute mark
30 minutes chronicling Clark's journalism in Africa with 5 minutes of interlaced flashbacks of his childhood in Smallville
15 minutes back in Smallville with his parents making the decision to goto Metropolis and become Superman
----------------1 hour mark
10 minutes setting up Metropolis, Daily Planet and rest of main cast
5 minutes setting up major threat
5 minutes of Superman revelation and montage of heroic acts
20 minutes of Clark and Lois reporting and drama interlaced with occasional heroic act along with major threat reminders
----------------1 hour, 40 minute mark
10 minutes of major threat revelation with Superman's initial reaction
5 minutes of Clark retreating and rethinking game plan
15 minutes of climactic battle
5 minutes of resolution and outro

Total time: 2 hours, 15 minutes...not including beginning and ending credits

That sounds good to me :up:

What some are forgetting Is because of the legal Issues between Warner Brothers and
The SIegels and Shuster estate they likely can't show Baby Kal-El being rocketed to earth,showing Kryptan exploding,and the Kents finding him.

They may choose to beguin the film with Clark traveling the world and Introducing him first before showing use of powers and show events that lead him as adult to become Superman.

We don't even know If Lex Luthor Is In the film with all reports of Zod and Ursa.Although It Is possible to Introduce him and set him to become villian In sequel.

I would think that any and all aspects of Superman will be available to use in this film...
Afterall, the families will make money off this film as well, why would they risk making less by limiting what WB could and could not use.

Don't

No action for the sake of action: I fear that this movie will end up being the opposite extreme of SR because everyone only ever says "more action".

No drawn-out-of-a-hat villains: The story should come first, and the choice of villains should be based on the story. The reason The Dark Knight had the Joker and Two-Face? They suited the themes of the movie. I don't want an entire series of Lex vs. Superman anymore than the rest of you, but if the story calls for him to appear, he should. It's not as if they could easily substitute Toyman for him.

In general, my don'ts are to not make a movie entirely based on making the opposite of what Superman Returns was. Ironically, one bad Superman movie could result in another bad Superman movie in the filmmakers' attempt to get as far away from it as possible. Some of you have a point when you say "pretend the other movies don't exist". Quit thinking about them, trying to be their opposite, because it could end up ruining the new movie.

Do

Escalation: If this is the beginning, there's no reason for robots and aliens and super-beings to already be running around. After all, what would make Superman so special if Earth was already overrun with meta-humans and aliens when he first arrives? Superman should be the first, and indirectly the reason the rest of them come into existence. In some cases, this already applies in the comics. Bizarro is a clone of Superman, Metallo is powered by kryptonite, Parasite was mutated by a substance Superman collected (in his original origin at least).

This also raises the question of where Lex gets all his toys. Whether he's an inventor, scientist, businessman, or all three, it's still Earth-made tech. You have to admit, it just wouldn't be the same if Earth was already on the the technological level of Krypton when Superman first appears. Maybe Lex should reverse-engineer alien tech, be it Kryptonian or Coluan. If not, what inspires him to make a technological and scientific leap of a hundred or possibly a thousand years? I have an idea that he could also base his technology off Superman. A metal based on the molecular structure of Superman's body. An energy weapon based on Superman's heat vision. Anti-gravity tech based on Superman's flight.

Don't shy away from mundane Earth problems and disasters: I want to see what Superman would do if he were in our world, not just the amazing sci-fi fantasy world he inhabits in the comics. Superman facing a devastating natural disaster or foiling a destructive terrorist plot is not boring. He wasn't only created to fight costumed supervillains, but to solve real-world problems no single human could.

What do you know? A rational, intelligent post! Especially the first and last paragraphs! You're 100% right, Lead Cenobite. Let's hope Snyder doesn't just go for a "backlash" effect, but a true fresh start.

I know some people liked The Incredible Hulk, but I thought it was pure action-packed boredom. Yeah, there were epic fights, but I didn't care about a single punch being thrown let alone an entire character, so I was bored out of my mind and walked out of the theater.

A Superman movie can be so much more than that!

P.S. Yes! "Earth problems" are not boring, they can be epic and captivating, too. Bryan Singer just left a bad taste in all our mouths because he didn't even give us "Earth problems," he gave us "non-problems." Superman lifted an island into the air and... that's it. :dry: Bryan Singer couldn't make a fun movie if his life depended on it. Every one of his films is cloaked in drab seriousness (hey, sometimes that's appropriate (I loved Valkyrie), but not for Superman). Don't let Singer's disgrace blind you from the fact that an earthquake or a typhoon or a terrorist plot or genocide or corporate corruption can be riveting! No single human being can stop those problems, but a single Kryptonian can. Let's see him try.

I want to see more sci-fi elements like in the more modern Superman stories.

Brainiac. Which opens up some GREAT emotional aspects for Superman. This is the being that destroyed his world. As you can imagine...there would be a whole bunch of different emotions. Pain and of course ANGER. We would see a Superman who is just not willing to put up with Luthor's crap.

At the beginning I would like to see him face off against a random villain, maybe Bizarro or someone else that can rival him in strength. We're catching him in the middle of a regular day kind of feel.

Lex as the most powerful business man in the world in charge of Lexcorp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"