My Pet Peeve With Hasbro's ML

drillmaster

Give me a Damn Avatar
Reaction score
You know, I like Hasbro ML. It gave me a chance to pick up a few Spidey Villains that I missed, specifically Doc Ock, abeit a repaint. Plus it gave me a good Captain America and soon an Iron Man. Sure the articulation on a few (Hydra) isnt the best, but at least it isnt Star Wars articulation. Plus the few MLs from Hasbro I have gotten (Cap, Hydra, Juggernaut, Colossus, Venom, and New Goblin) I got the variants before even seeing the regular versions. (Though I still havent seen Dr. Doom, Thing, or Bucky)

But I realized the problem I have with them. It deals with articulation. No it isnt the lack of, it is the leg ball joint. The placement of it. They insert it on an angle, which makes movement in the legs a little difficult. TB put them on straight on the side, allowing for more movement.

A minor annoyance, but one none the less.

toybiz did the same thing with later figures

i just wish that if there going to take away articulation, they'd at least put some in more pose able shapes... she hulk for instance is a ***** to pose

My pet peeve with Hasbro MLs is the lack of articulted fingers. She-Hulk needs to be able to make a fist, dammit!:angry:

She-Hulk has the perfect hands for boob cupping. But I do not think she can cup her own boobs.

Ultimate Iron Man ironically has hands sculpted perfectly for boob cupping.

She cannot...
But my peeve with artic is the ankle and non double joint knees/arms and the gradual removal of the abcrunch...

Hasbro got rid of the good joints probably to save money. I don't know how sales have been on HML, but I doubt it was a profit inducing cost effective move.

let's not forget the lack of paint washes/drybrushings in most of the figures...I also miss the comics on the MLs...

The elbow articulation is the worst for me, followed closely by bicep swivel an lastly the ankle joints.

I really hate how the figures can't even bend their arms properly...it really looks stupid and is insanely frustrating. I still can't believe how bad they screwed up the Hydra Soldier. He can't even bend his arms at a 90 degree angle, which is even worse than most of the Hasbro Legends.

Paint washes I really miss, a lot...but good articulation is pretty much a no brainer these days. If only they'd get it right.

hasbro's ML's are crap in comparison to toy biz's.
i collected all the toybiz figures and most were great (one or two poor ones..rogue sprin gs to mind)
but the hasbro ones are just kids toys and not well painted,articulated and put together figures.
i won't get any hasbro ones as the all look cheap and toyish.

They do have a few gems though. Astonishing Cyclops and Xorn come to mind.

But the majority do look very cheap, especially when I sit them next to my LCBH figures.

with the rising cost of oil to make plastic, toybiz's quality went down to HML standards (other then paint jobs) as that of Hasbros.

a great example of this is looking at face off ironman, spider-woman, beta ray bill, and wasp

so other then paint jobs and articulation, its really not much of hasbro's fault... and toybiz was heading that way anyway

I dunno. I find it hard to stomach the argument that Toybiz was "headed that way anyway" when they went on to maintain everything that made Legends amazing with LCBH.

I dunno. I find it hard to stomach the argument that Toybiz was "headed that way anyway" when they went on to maintain everything that made Legends amazing with LCBH.

well how else to you explain there obvious decline with some figs?

LCBH probably just cost them less... and to be honest a few look cheaper then others... like the big red head

Well, it's a pretty common fact that towards the end of the run Toybiz was just trying to push as much as their product as quick as possible before they got out. All the last few series including FO were pushed so fast.

It's quite possible that since they wanted to rush the figs out, they cut on some of the stuff, like articulation. Only some of the figures had reduced artics. Also, early protos usually have less artic than the final product, specifically in the hands, which is where the finals of Toybiz' last figures lost the articulation. It's possible that they just never added the articulation to the protos and put 'em out just for the sake of gettin them out there.

Hasbro doesn't have any excuses at all, IMO. Costs my ass.

Some LCBH do look cheaper than other LCBH, but I can't think of a single one that looks cheaper than a HML.

Well, it's a pretty common fact that towards the end of the run Toybiz was just trying to push as much as their product as quick as possible before they got out. All the last few series including FO were pushed so fast.

It's quite possible that since they wanted to rush the figs out, they cut on some of the stuff, like articulation. Only some of the figures had reduced artics. Also, early protos usually have less artic than the final product, specifically in the hands, which is where the finals of Toybiz' last figures lost the articulation. It's possible that they just never added the articulation to the protos and put 'em out just for the sake of gettin them out there.

Hasbro doesn't have any excuses at all, IMO. Costs my ass.

Some LCBH do look cheaper than other LCBH, but I can't think of a single one that looks cheaper than a HML.

hasbro has been getting slowly better imo... better paint apps would do wonders though.

also ML's were produced more then LCBH were... i still see very few unless im at walmart. and never seen any at target

hasbro has been getting slowly better imo... better paint apps would do wonders though.

also ML's were produced more then LCBH were... i still see very few unless im at walmart. and never seen any at target

Hasbro is getting better in some cases. Others they are getting far worse (*cough* Hydra *cough*).

I guess you can say ML's were produced "more", but at the same time, we don't see any new Hasbro Legends up here in Canada. Not anywhere. And it's the same for the UK. However, I've seen LCBH1 and 2 in great supply at all Wal Marts around where I live as well as TRU. They are also available in UK.

Those numbers gotta count for somethin!

Hasbro is getting better in some cases. Others they are getting far worse (*cough* Hydra *cough*).

I guess you can say ML's were produced "more", but at the same time, we don't see any new Hasbro Legends up here in Canada. Not anywhere. And it's the same for the UK. However, I've seen LCBH1 and 2 in great supply at all Wal Marts around where I live as well as TRU. They are also available in UK.

Those numbers gotta count for somethin!

hydra agent sucked for lack of articulation.

well the numbers come from obvious lack of sales.
and series three of HML ive seen alot now... but places still have alot of 2 as well.

But you're in America. We just got series 2 in Canada a couple months ago.

LCBH does not sell as well as HML, this is true. But this makes Hasbro's laziness even more inexcusable, don't you think? They are making more money, yet producing figures that are mostly le crap.

Hasbro is a company with a lot more dough to throw around than Marvel Toys is, yet they are producing figures that are in all aspects inferior to Marvel Toy's LCBH line. Not to mention ML's are more expensive.

But you're in America. We just got series 2 in Canada a couple months ago.

LCBH does not sell as well as HML, this is true. But this makes Hasbro's laziness even more inexcusable, don't you think? They are making more money, yet producing figures that are mostly le crap.

Hasbro is a company with a lot more dough to throw around than Marvel Toys is, yet they are producing figures that are in all aspects inferior to Marvel Toy's LCBH line. Not to mention ML's are more expensive.

quality isn't whats selling these figures... it's the characters that are selling.

LCBH arn't selling because those figures have very small fan bases... not to mention are all part of different comics, so u may like 2 but ur not compelled to get the rest like you are with ML's

That's my point though. Hasbro knows they can put out cheap half assed toys and people will still buy them because they're popular characters.

So that's what they do.

well unfortunately they'd prob jack up the prices more if they got better :(

Which is also a joke, considering they used to be both cheaper and higher quality.

Screw The Man!

well the cost went up do to plastics... the articulation is just lazy and them trying to make there own mark though

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"