My room and collection

Elijya said:
-cover to Green Arrow #58 (I think, it hasn't been released yet. It's the one with Merlin)

i just started collecting green arrow with issue 50 and i've only read about merlyn through identity crisis, but that cover really jumped out at me mainly because of the ichthys (i'm not sure that's spelled right, but the two bows appear to be forming the christian fish symbol, which i think is called the ichthys)

is there any reason why that symbol would make it's way onto a green arrow cover? possibly something to be unveiled in the story or just coincidence? did anybody else notice it?

Sweet collection and room.

Mine is the same,except I have a Batman and Nightwing poster near my bed.:p

vog said:
i just started collecting green arrow with issue 50 and i've only read about merlyn through identity crisis, but that cover really jumped out at me mainly because of the ichthys (i'm not sure that's spelled right, but the two bows appear to be forming the christian fish symbol, which i think is called the ichthys)

is there any reason why that symbol would make it's way onto a green arrow cover? possibly something to be unveiled in the story or just coincidence? did anybody else notice it?
I highly doubt it was intentional, although I don't have the image to look at now that yo've pointed that out

I really recommend you go back and collect this GA volume from the begining. It's been incredible, but there's been a slip of quality lately. What's come before is so much better

Batman_ said:
Sweet collection and room.

Mine is the same,except I have a Batman and Nightwing poster near my bed.:p
I find it hard to believe yours is "the same" exactly

do you even have a blue bedspread?

Elijya said:
I find it hard to believe yours is "the same" exactly

do you even have a blue bedspread?

I ment by the shelves with the TPBS and GNs etc....And I have a special case thats under my bed where my entire comic collection lays.Includes Batman,Robin,Nightwing,Teen Titans.Outsiders,New Avengers,Captain America,Thing,She Hulk,Wolverine,Iron Man(missing issue 2),Black Panther,Detective Comics,The Flash,Vertigo,Green Lantern,JLA,The Pulse,Captain Atom,Invincible.

And I wasnt talking about the bed spread lol. :o

In fact Im gonna go through my GN's right now and look at my favorite. Hush vol 1.

Im breaking into your house to get your Invincible TPB vol 4 though...

Elijya said:
(btw, I have Absolute Hush)

You do?! Lucky bastard! My local comic shop said it flew of the racks,they dont have it.
But thats a sweet trade man. :up:
How would you describe it btw?

the trade itself or the art?

Trade.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
You got Galactus AND th' Sentinel you bastard. I was actually gonna fork out th' cash fer those two till I found out you hadda buy every freakin' figure an' assemble 'em. If this was back in th' day of 5.99 figures I woulda no problem, but not when they're all up to $20 a pop!

The Galactus and the Sentinal come with the Marvel Legends line, right? I've seen those for $8 at Target.

Batman_ said:
the trade? you're going to break into my house to steal a trade? one that has a $9.99 price sticker and can be purchased at every online bookstore and every comicbook store in the country.

I have 500 trades, and you're going to break into my house... to steal just that one?

Elijya said:
the trade? you're going to break into my house to steal a trade? one that has a $9.99 price sticker and can be purchased at every online bookstore and every comicbook store in the country.

I have 500 trades, and you're going to break into my house... to steal just that one?

Silent but Deadly.

10 dollars is alot of money. :o

Notice the sarcasam.

Seriously though,your collection kicks ass Elijya.

Elijya said:
I highly doubt it was intentional, although I don't have the image to look at now that yo've pointed that out

I really recommend you go back and collect this GA volume from the begining. It's been incredible, but there's been a slip of quality lately. What's come before is so much better

well, i do have the meltzer trade on the way.....would you recommend reading quiver and the sounds of violence before archer's quest?

Dude,you have like every key issue from the 60s in some really good condition.Avengers #1?My goodness,WOW.How did you obtain all these?Really cheap?

vog said:
well, i do have the meltzer trade on the way.....would you recommend reading quiver and the sounds of violence before archer's quest?
oh yes, definitely. All three are worth reading without question, and since they're all right in a row, it'd be best to read them chronologically

GNR4Life said:
Dude,you have like every key issue from the 60s in some really good condition.Avengers #1?My goodness,WOW.How did you obtain all these?Really cheap?
cons, and regularly checking local comic stores, and local stores whenever I travel, plus frequent convention expeditions

ok i got a question for ya Eliyja.how much would it cost do you think for a #1flash or JLA?and could you get hold of one quite easily?

Nightwing said:
ok i got a question for ya Eliyja.how much would it cost do you think for a #1flash or JLA?and could you get hold of one quite easily?
um, I would sincerely hope that, being a comic fan, and being around enough to have 3000 posts here, you would realize how conditional that question is

in what condition?

Flash #1 shouldn't run you any higher than $20 in near mint. Mile High has one in VF for $9

JLA #1 should only run you about $30. There's one on ebay with slight damage for only $0.99, with two other books

I've never seen one of either, but then I've never looked for em.

ok so what comics would you class as your super rare?and where would i find them?for instance what would i type in on ebay to find the super rare comics?

anything from the platinum or golden age, both of which are categories on ebay

ok im a dumb ass.i totally cant find that section any where.

any chance you could tell me which bits to click on to find the ages comics?

Home> Buy> Collectibles> Comics

then on the left hand column are sub categories:

Platinum Age (1897-1937) (204)
Golden Age (1938-55) (4569)
Silver Age (1956-69) (16340)
Bronze Age (1970-79) (14006)
Modern Age (1980-Now) (49834)
Apparel & Accessories (788)
Collections (2139)
Figurines (3569)
Full Runs (1246)
Graphic Novels, TPBs (4586)
International (1239)
Magazines (2375)
Newspaper Comics (1158)
Original Comic Art (3210)
Posters (532)
Supplies (324)
Other Comics (1869)

not on mine there isnt

its ridiculous.i cant find it.

any chance you could post a link to those pages?

ok i found it but it doesnt have all the sub catergories that you just posted so again if you could send me a link of where you went and i can follow it from there going off the info at the top of the page.

cheers

Nightwing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"