N3 Demo Released on Xbox Live

Yeah, I finished the demo. It ends with a cutscene that makes you think you might have a choice of where to go, but instead you get a crappy, cliche "I'm noble!" speech from the guy you're playing as, you'll just have to see it. Like I said, the gameplay itself is great, but the voice/story looks like it's going to be terrible.

The Last Meatbag said:
The game with the guy in the blue armor...and he has the lance that he swings around at goblins with the x button?

Yeah, it just wasn't my kinda game
There's a y button and a b button, and another weapon in that demo, and several other items like armor and stuff, so it's more deep than that (but still very shallow, I know), but yeah, that's it. As long as you bash heavenly sword or something I guess I can accept this.

The only thing that really bother me is the map. It's pretty horrible!

The crappy radar thing at the upper right. It.....makes me feel very lost.

TheCardPlayer said:
The crappy radar thing at the upper right. It.....makes me feel very lost.
OMFG!!! I HATED THAT!!
because of that ***ing radar i lost my army:confused: :(

but the game is still awesome:up:

Yes, you do. This game is seriously awesome, next Ninja Gaiden or Otogi, screw what Zenien says. It only has the three attack buttons (x weak, y strong, b "orb" attack), but I mean, that's pretty much all that NG had, and look how great and ungay that turned out. This game has multiple characters, long ass combo lists, multiple weapons per characters, level ups that give you more combos, equipable items that give you new/different/upgraded powers, etc. This game rocks.

Manny Calavera said:
Yes, you do. This game is seriously awesome, next Ninja Gaiden or Otogi, screw what Zenien says. It only has the three attack buttons (x weak, y strong, b "orb" attack), but I mean, that's pretty much all that NG had, and look how great and ungay that turned out. This game has multiple characters, long ass combo lists, multiple weapons per characters, level ups that give you more combos, equipable items that give you new/different/upgraded powers, etc. This game rocks.
but theres TONS of combos........and dont forget the air attacks too

This game looks more like Otogi meets Dynasty Warriors than a Ninja Gaiden, but that certainly beats Heavenly Sword, which is "God of War", only really uninspired.

WhatsHisFace said:
This game looks more like Otogi meets Dynasty Warriors than a Ninja Gaiden, but that certainly beats Heavenly Sword, which is "God of War", only really uninspired.
stop comparing thousands of games!:mad:

Are you the sequel to XwolverineX? If so, you're a much better sequel. :o

Thinking N3 is inspired over Heavenly Sowrd... just wow.

Zenien said:
Thinking N3 is inspired over Heavenly Sowrd... just wow.
Sorry Zenien, having red softbodies everywhere doesn't count as good design. The enemies are very typical and very drab, and though the girl in Heavenly Sword has a decent buccaneer look to her, the game loses points in that she looks out of place to the rest of the world, which is essentially the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

NNN has a lot of fantasy with great spell effects which ties into the extensive physics and overall has that Phantagram look to it.

1147229006.jpg

1141225173.jpg

1141224892.jpg

As you can see, there is more than one environment and more than one color in Nintey Nine Nights. It's a much artistically expansive game than Heavenly Sword, which is all a desert town for some reason.

Shame it's totally derivative of the very look you're saying makes it inspired, that and the gameplay. It's very much the comonly used approach when creating a Dynasty Warriors style game. Very much so. The coloring, the clothing choices, it's nothing that we haven't seen already with slight variations from different games from that region.

Heavenly Sword is not a GoW as much as N3 is a Dynasty Warriors. Heavenly Sword has a different combat system then God of War, it's based on counters and reversals, being able to switch between three seperate style on the fly and it has no jumping. It's a combat game more so then GoW is.

And the main character of Heavenly Sword might look a little out of place when you consider they invaded her village and she's cutting through into their territory. I do lik her old model better in terms of look, much more serene. The look of what Heavenly Sword has shown so far has much more imagination then everything is super bland welcme to bland land N3 and a few appropreately wacky-ish main character designs to distract you from how bland everything else is. Heck even the main characters aren't much to write home about it this is about actual imagination put into the designs.

There are nice spell effects 'wow', great, that much be why you can flash them around the battlefield every second, to win over people like WHF with 60fps color saturated effect, in a hope that 1/10 people who see the game won't realize how baren and dull looking the world is.

You bring up spell effects, as an example of inspiration in N3, and ignore the beautiful effects all happening in Heavenly Sword. Because one title is on the Xbox and is totally unispired saved for a few pretty effects while the other is a mark of originality with incredibly good looking and unique looking characters that has actual effort put into them design wise with set peices and locations that make N3 look like a last gen portup of a PS2 game.

OMG look at the light on her wingzorz!!!!111

Yeah we had those nifty effects years ago, it was called freaking Zone of Enders 2. Nice to see that you're keeping up with the curb on the XBox side of things, maybe the PS3 can get a cleearly good FPS in a year or so and I can be in the position Xbox fanboys were in years ago the same way you're finally getting a decent DW rip off now.

Oh, right, Otogi did that, NOT N3.

And you call N3 INSPIRED? IT's doing things that Otogi did BETTER years ago.

N3 is a fun game, that also looks good to some people. HS is probably a bad game, that only looks good to people when they're also looking at the system that it's on.

HS is ****. Plain and simple.

I played the N3 demo. I won't be getting that game. However, it still looks better than HS and it's still coming from a much more proven developer/publisher.

Translation: You've been wrong all along.

Zenien said:
Translation: You've been wrong all along.
No, more like Ninety Nine Nights doesn't do as much for me as I thought, but still does more for me than Heavenly Sword.

Yeah keep those blinders on tight WHF "looks better then Heavely Sword".

I mean it's totally awesome when you aknowledge that the the up to date build of Heavenly Sword looks better then the 'old build' when the face comparison uses a shot directly out of the E32005 trailer and Ninja Theory has done nothing but add to HS since then, y'know.
lol.gif

And where was ye N3 in this shuffle of awards at E3, oh right, nowhere.

Next-Gen's Top 20 Playable Games of E3 - Number 1!!! - Linky
GamePro's Top 20 games - Number 1!!! - Linky
Gamespot's People's Choice Awards - Linky
IGN E3 Award for Technological Excellence - Winner - Linky
IGN E3 Best Artistic Design - Winner - Linky
Meristation E3 Best PS3 Game - Winner - Linky
GameDaily E3 Nod Award - Linky
GameZone - BEST OF SHOW (Overall) - Linky
Game Critics Awards - Best Fighting Game - Linky
IGN E3 Best Action Game - Runner up - Linky
IGN E3 Best Graphics - Runner up - Linky
IGN E3 Game of the Show - Runner up - Linky
GameSpy Best of E3 2006 - Top 10 Console Game - Linky

Zenien said:
Yeah keep those blinders on tight WHF "looks better then Heavely Sword".

I mean it's totally awesome when you aknowledge that the the up to date build of Heavenly Sword looks better then the 'old build' when the face comparison uses a shot directly out of the E32005 trailer and Ninja Theory has done nothing but add to HS since then, y'know.
lol.gif

And where was ye N3 in this shuffle of awards at E3, oh right, nowhere.

Next-Gen's Top 20 Playable Games of E3 - Number 1!!! - Linky
GamePro's Top 20 games - Number 1!!! - Linky
Gamespot's People's Choice Awards - Linky
IGN E3 Award for Technological Excellence - Winner - Linky
IGN E3 Best Artistic Design - Winner - Linky
Meristation E3 Best PS3 Game - Winner - Linky
GameDaily E3 Nod Award - Linky
GameZone - BEST OF SHOW (Overall) - Linky
Game Critics Awards - Best Fighting Game - Linky
IGN E3 Best Action Game - Runner up - Linky
IGN E3 Best Graphics - Runner up - Linky
IGN E3 Game of the Show - Runner up - Linky