The Rise of Skywalker Naomi Ackie as Jannah (EPIX)

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
Apologies if she had her own thread I couldn't find one, so I started one...

711eb39a-66a9-498d-824d-1d94255445e4-GTY_1136576248.JPG

“It felt very real when I was getting fitted for my costume, the final one,” Ackie says. “I looked at myself in a giant mirror and it was very surreal. I was like, ‘OK, there's no going back on this now. This is happening. You can't deny this anymore, Naomi.’ That's when it felt real and amazing.”

167757.jpg

jannah.jpg

https://cdn.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Screen-Shot-2019-03-27-at-6.26.45-AM.png

Last edited:
"We're fighting an army of Sith Troopers and I've got a bow and arrows. None of this makes sense."

*Rey ignites Sith army saber*

Naomi Ackie: “[Jannah's] fierce. She’s got a lot of history involved with the issues in the film. Once you find out her story, you’re rooting for her and you can understand why she’s fighting.” “[This being the ending] means that whatever characters [are introduced] now have to add to wrapping up the story, because we know this is the end of the Skywalker saga. [Jannah's] importance to the story has to be relevant — and it feels relevant, definitely, for some of the characters and for the larger picture.” “When you find out more about Jannah’s history and where she comes from, [her weapon] makes a lot of sense. That’s all I can say, is the bow makes sense.” “Once you find out her story, you’re rooting for her and you can understand why she’s fighting.” (October 30, 2019)

Naomi Ackie: "I've come in at the end, so I think, knowing the story anyway, I was blown away by the ending. It's what I would have wanted to see, personally. I think it's definitely crossing the line, it's not predictable and it challenges you and makes you question some of the characters' motives, everyone has real personal stakes in this film that goes beyond the dynamics and our relationships. This is bigger than all of us. It was amazing actually." (SciFiNow Magazine Issue 165)

Naomi Ackie: "Luckily, there’s so much time between knowing that you’re doing [the film], preparing for it, filming it, editing and reshoots. You have so much time to contemplate all of that [pressure] stuff. But at this point I feel like I’m in a good place, I’m ready for people to see it. And, hey, I think it’s gonna be great. If people don’t like it, they don’t like it. And if they don’t like me, that’s alright." (November 7, 2019)

Naomi Ackie: "I think there are moments in [Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker] that really encapsulate what the whole saga has been about, and there are some people that leave it that might feel like they’ve got everything they wanted but there might still be more questions, and that’s the whole point. The story continues. I think I will feel like it’s been a long time coming and I’ll feel like a conclusion to what has been a brilliant saga." (November 14, 2019)

Naomi Ackie: “[I had to learn these certain skills] because Jannah is a warrior who rides around on an orbak. Horses were used to help build the shape of the creatures, so it was important for me to learn to ride. It sucks [laughs] because I feel like I say the same things, but her skills help round out the team and her backstory helps you realize why she’s fighting.” (November 15, 2019)

Naomi Ackie: (3:40) “Yeah, there’s that rumor [that I’m playing Lando Calrissian’s daughter].” “[Billy Dee]’s great, isn’t he?” “(gestures) Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.” “There’s so many things I know. I just know all the things. So it’s actually…it’s easier to not say anything. Like it’s actually easier because I just I can’t talk anything about [the role or movie].” “Yeah this is a thing if I start [saying] with a thing it’s pulling a thread…” “When [the movie] comes out [I can reveal everything]. (laughs)” “[For the film promotional purpose] at first it was like it was just, ‘This girl Naomi Ackie is playing a part in Star Wars’ and then they were like okay now you can say your [character] name and then they were like now you can say she’s a goodie.” (laughs at Lando’s daughter suggestion)” (November 16, 2019)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"