Narmy Movie Moments/Performances

Guts

Smug
Reaction score
Narm as defined by Tv Tropes is.
Narm is a moment that is supposed to be serious, but due to either over-sappiness, poor execution, excessive Melodrama, or the sheer absurdity of the situation, the drama is lost to the point of surpassing "cheesy" and becoming unintentionally funny.
Post your favorite unintentional hilarious movie moments or performances here.

Peter Parker crying over seeing his uncle shot ~ The Amazing Spider-Man

This one is more of a "wtf scene" in an otherwise pretty good film:
- Eric Bana makes love to his wife intercut with the Munich Olympic Games massacre in "Munich."
- Also every scenes in every Fast and Furious films.

Courtney Gaines only has one scene in Back to the Future, but he gives the most ridiculous performance of a 1950's high school student ever.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeee's daaaaaaa triggguuuuurrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TDKR, of course :D

The end of the Wicker Man remake when Nicolas Cage wails, "Not the bees!" made me chuckle. Otherwise, though, I actually think it's a legitimately good movie. Gorgeous cinematography and they really nailed the eerie tone.

anNmdZQ.gif

Spider-Man 2's a GREAT movie..but this part always makes me chuckle
[YT]watch?v=8hmOaKlDY1Q[/YT]

I would say Tom Hardy's entire performance as Bane, but I'm not sure how much of it is unintentional. I suspect Hardy's just having a good old time chomping up some scenery.

This scene from Total Recall (Arnold version):

[YT]86scPKqWFvc[/YT]

My friend and I used to always make fun of the character of Sherman McMasters in Tombstone (starring Kurt Russel and Val Kilmer).

He is played by Michael Rooker from The Walking Dead, among other things.

So, for the first two acts, McMasters is just your regular henchman, he rides with the Cowboys, they start trouble, show up at a Spanish wedding and murder everybody there, basically a group of thieves and murderers. If he had any moral compass, he would have quit riding with The Cowboys a long time ago.

So, once beef escalates between the Earles and The Cowboys, two of the Earpe brothers are shot, one killed. And also, a few Cowboys show up at the Earpe residence, shoot a shotgun, nobody is hit or killed, but it scares the bejeezus out of the Earp wives. And, THAT is the final straw.

He shows up to talk to Wyatt, "I heard what they did to your women. That was wrong. Want you to know it wasn't me." Ok, so he had a change of conscience and turned his back on his old ways and asks forgiveness. But, then, without any explanation, he is riding with the Earpes on their revenge quest, gunning down all of his old riding buddies like its no big thing.

Then, to top it off, he accepts an invitation to parlay with The Cowboys on their turf. The leader, Billy Broscius, calls him a traitor or something, and he looks at Billy and says, I'm his best disappointed whisper, "Least they don't go around scarin' women."

And then he thinks they're gonna just let him go back to the Earpes, but of course they murder him and sends his body back to them and one guy yells "They got McMasters" and Wyatt Earpe covers his mouth and makes a face like "God, that smells disgusting!" And that's all they ever say about Sherman McMasters haha.

For one, what was his motivation in killing people who used to be his friends, how stupid would he have to be to show up unarmed and meet with a killer that he had betrayed, and of all things, "scarin' women" is the one thing that he just cannot accept. That's the line that he refuses to cross.

My friend and I still call him Sherman McMasters when we discuss Walking Dead

Much of the dialogue from Batman Begins. Especially the part where Bruce and Rachel meets each other for the first time in many years.

And Thomas Wayne. That guy is weird...

Ewan McGregor tried his best in the Star Wars prequels but even he could say younglings without it sounding ridiculously amusing.

[YT]/7SqTR0DorSw[/YT]

I actually like younglings.

Speaking of Star Wars prequels, name a time when Hayden Christensen whines or shows anger, those qualify as narmy.

:pal:

Watching The Wicker Man, it's hard not to wonder if the whole thing was meant as a big joke. But sadly, I think they actually thought they were making a good movie.

A few others off the top of my head...

- Any time a character attempts a dramatic monologue in The Golden Compass (the most glaring example being when that stupid pirate captain guy gives his "inspirational" speech)

- Talia's death in TDKR

- Peter Parker reuniting with Mary Jane at the end of Spider-Man 3

- Pretty much the whole of the movie "Wanted"

- All the scenes in Crimson Peak where the ghost of the girl's dead mother shows up

- Any scene where Hayden tries to be all angsty in Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith

CIA scene in the Dark Knight Rises.
"The flight plan I just filed with the Agent C lists Smee, Maimen, Dr. Paveleer, Button Lee, Juan of Yu!"

Young Reed Richards in Fant4stic explaining teleportation in class. It's so obvious that kid actor they used has NO idea what he's talking about.

In the first Blade movie, at the beginning of the movie when Blade shoots the vampire with the stake gun. He does a strange move with his arm, like he's going: "hell yes!" I'm not sure what it's called? I.hate.that.part. It's painful to watch.

This is the part of Blade that I hate.
giphy.gif

The tornado scene in Man of Steel was so absurd it was hilarious.

Man of Steel: "You're a monster Zod, and I'm going to stop you!"

Batman (while fighting): "You tried to kick me, robber..but I blocked your kick...and your punch, I even dodged that bullet you fired at me. Now I'm going to hurt you in the face with my fist. There, I hit you in the face...now you're lying on the ground. This is a batphone, and I'm going to call Gordon."

Pretty much every dramatic scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey, in my humble opinion, except the HAL parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"