Natalie portman for Dr. Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by patrickbateman, Mar 10, 2006.

1. LEX No justice; just us.

Never would've thought of Natalie Portman as Harley, but those photos of her really remind me a lot of the character. But in Nolan world, I'd like to see Zooey Deschanel as Harley rather than Natalie, though. Natalie seems more suited for a Burton world, IMO. Harley needs to be dark and fun at the same time. :up:

2. patrickbateman Registered

dam right:up:

3. patrickbateman Registered

can Zooey Deschanel pull of Dr. Harleen Quinzel? cause i think that how they're going to introduce her

4. Masut Registered

I can't see those Portman pics. :(

5. javi1024 DANGER ZONE!

well it depends on how long she would be on screen as harleen quinzel. im sure anna farris could keep a straight face for a short period. personally i dont think we need to see harleen quinzel. joker can just mention how he manipulated her.

but in any case, if natalie can play a wackjob, i would welcome her as harley quinn.

6. JekzStar Registered

I'm still actually upset that Natalie Portman didn't want or didn't get the role of Rachel Dawes and that we ended up with Katie Holmes.

Natalie Portman is one of those good actress and it would have been intersting to see how she would have adopted the role.

7. StorminNorman Registered

Yup, in Hitchhikers Guide she played an intellictual.

8. MinNoir Lady D. Trekie

Okay I've read perhaps two pages, so forgive me, if someone's said this, which I think they have. Damn, for being late but here it is my list of the who's who villains, which includes Miss Portman somewhere... in there.

Selina Kyle: Kate Beckinsale
    Pamela Isley: Isla Fisher
    Harley Quinn: Natalie Portman (I'll reserve this because there is someone better than her, I just have to find her, until then she's a benchwarmer)
    Joker: Paul Bettany

Any other character: Find better actors, and much better actresses.

9. Maxwell Smart Registered

I don't like Kate Becinsale. She is a **** actress and she does not have the type of sexiness to her the role requires. :down: Why do you find her sexy?

I also don't see what people see in Angelina Jolie or Rachel McAdams.

My choices for Selina are Rachel Weisz, Jennifer Connelly, and Natalie Portman. They are all sexy in a CLASSY way to me. Selina shouldn't be a skank. Plus I think you need an actress with a bit of an exotic look to her which all of the three actresses I named have in my eyes.

10. patrickbateman Registered

even i am fed up of Kate Becinsale and her costume adventure seirusly assumed that van helsing was a prequel to underworld. really taught it was a decendant of that character. she should go back and do some comdey movie or some chessy romantic stuff

11. Visionary Registered

I can believe you all want Harley Quinn in BB's sequel, what a useless ass character. Another stooge who can't fight Batman, she isn't needed, they need someone that can (pull the damn camera back and) showcase Batman's fighting skills, fight him toe-to-toe. Neither Joker, Two-Face or Harley Quinn is going to do this.:cool:

12. StorminNorman Registered

She's important to the character of the Joker, it shows how manipulative he can be. The Joker is able to corrupt a sweet, innocent intern into a killing monster - not only that but he is able to make her fall so deeply inlove with him that she accepts his treatment of her and still comes back.

13. CConn Fountainhead of culture.

Batman's rogues are about more than whether or not they have kung-fu action grip.

14. Visionary Registered

Yeah, I know, but come on, then what? Batman will find her, slap the piss out of her, and send her to jail. :O

15. Visionary Registered

You can have a good villain for story and a good classic villain for kicking some ass too.

16. Ronny Shade back for a limited time

No, they need karate-chop action as well.

17. patrickbateman Registered

dude doesnt Dr. Harleen Quinzel replace Crane in the ASylum?? that why she's important remember the importance is on DR HARLEEN of course later on she's gonna b Harley Quinn, but right now Gotham needs a new DA and a new Doc for the asylum

18. CConn Fountainhead of culture.

:D:up:
    Which of Batman's classic villains can possibly match him on a physical level, honestly? Harley Quinn with a machine gun is as dangerous as Penguin with a machine gun...umbrella.

19. StorminNorman Registered

Maybe, but can Harley Quinn go dancing in the rain with her Machine Gun? I think not.

20. Visionary Registered

There's nothing wrong with a setup, but as for a major villain, I don't think so.

Is Harley Quinn official, or is this a character that you all just want to see?

21. CConn Fountainhead of culture.

But can Penguin win a wet T-Shirt contest with a machine gun? :o

22. StorminNorman Registered

Major villain? No she should never be a major villian- she should play a supporting role for Mista J.

Harley Quinn the villian will not be in BB2 - and chances are netiher will Harleen Quinzelle.

23. CConn Fountainhead of culture.

Harley's never really been a major villain. Nor do a lot of people want her to be, I think at least.
    It's been rumored.

24. StorminNorman Registered

Yes, the Penguin is a sexy sexy beast. Plus hes a fat guy, so of course hes got some nice boobies! :up:

25. Visionary Registered

KILLER CROC, for one, and an intellect like Mr. Freeze would work, as well.